AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 22:42   Link #1
marvelB

Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees (Vita)

So it turns out that Falcom announced a new remake of Ys IV for the PS Vita. I dunno how many other Ys/Falcom fans there are around here, but I am hyped for this. I've been hoping for a Felghana-style remake of Ys IV for the longest time. But according to the announcement, it's going to use the party system from the seventh game. Wonder how that will work out....

Anyways, here's to hoping that title will combine the best stuff about Felghana with the best stuff from both versions of IV (a kickass arranged soundtrack is pretty much guaranteed, of course).

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-09-16 at 09:47.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:46   Link #2
d-one

YES YES YES YES YEEEESSSSS!!! FINALLY THE REMADE OF ys IV!!!

Since it's going to have party system, I'm sure they going to put many character from ys 1-2 to join party too since they will appear again
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 23:02   Link #3
marvelB

Hmm, I went to another site that said the title of the remake is "Ys IV Celceta: Sea of Trees". I'm unsure which title is right, but I'll be sure to change the thread title at a moment's notice....

Anyway, if this game uses 7's party system, then I guess that means new characters will be introduced? I mean, the only strong allies I can think of in the original version(s) were Dogi and that chick Karna. Well, I suppose that's to be expected since all previous remakes updated the cast, as well.....
Old 2011-09-14, 01:24   Link #4
d-one

Screenshot from http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/4831941.html:

Old 2011-09-14, 05:36   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

pretty early and need more AA

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 06:17   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about this since I thought Seven dropped the ball with the party system. It just wasn't as fun as Felghana or Origins, also this looks pretty awful for a Vita game.

Well least the music will kick ass.
Old 2011-09-14, 07:40   Link #7
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about this since I thought Seven dropped the ball with the party system. It just wasn't as fun as Felghana or Origins.
Well, it turns out that this system is quite successful and many people like it to make Falcom keep the system with some upgrade for ys vs Sora no Kiseki Alternative Saga. And even if seven is more simple at the fight, some boss still keep me frustate to defeat (especially at higher difficulty) like in Felghana especially that cockatrice boss so if Falcom can give us more interesting boss like that for the next ys I won't have any complaint with this system.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:11   Link #8
marvelB

Yeah, looking at those screenshots the game does have a pretty strong resemblance to Seven (which makes it look more like a PSP game rather than something for the next-gen Vita). Still, I'm pretty sure the game is still pretty early in development, so maybe the visuals will improve once Falcom reveals the later builds (though I gotta admit, I'm totally digging Adol's new outfit! ). I mean, I would at least expect the visuals to be at least close to Zwei 2's level (which could also use a Vita port, BTW)....

Anyways, the controls should be getting a step up from Seven/Alternative Saga, as well. In the latter game, the characters were able to jump, but.... the problem was that the jumping mechanics were rather clunky. I rather liked the platforming action in Felghana, so hopefully that will make its glorious return in the YS IV remake. I also have no worries about boss battles since that's one particular area the Ys series tends to excel in (aside from the music).
Old 2011-09-14, 20:21   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2011-09-15, 10:38   Link #10
marvelB

Nice trailer and all, but..... again, it still looks like something that the PSP could handle (not that I'm complaining or anything, of course). Music's great of course, and I guess it's nice to see that there will be a stronger emphasis on puzzles than in past games (even if it involves spinning around doohickeys with the touch screen ). I'll still be keeping a close eye on this one......
Old 2011-09-15, 18:13   Link #11
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Feel kinda underwhelmed by that trailer and looks like they're still not bringing back any of the jump/platforming mechanics from Felghana/6/Origins which made them quite fun. Nice music but hopefully thats not the only trailer, I was hoping to hear a remix of the YS4 Mask of Sun opening theme tune.
Old 2011-09-16, 09:46   Link #12
marvelB

Interview with Falcom about the new Ys game.

Hmmm, so the good ol' amnesia plot, eh? A bit cliche, but I suppose it's an interesting direction to take for a remake. I'm guessing that the plot is also going to mix elements from both the SNES and TG16 versions of the game.

Also looks like I'll have to get the thread title changed on account of the correction of the game's title.....
Old 2011-09-22, 03:11   Link #13
Qamar34
Banned

I am newbie of this game.I feel good.We can often talk about games
Qamar34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 11:12   Link #14
marvelB

Small update: Looks like Falcom intends to improve the overall aesthetics of the game, so it seems that I was right earlier in assuming that those early screens/trailers wouldn't represent the game's final look. Of course, I'll be on the lookout for future updates.
Old 2011-09-27, 14:05   Link #15
TJR

There's only so much they can do unless they plan on building a new game engine and redoing all the assets.....

I'd wager that this started life as a PSP production, and they recently shifted to the Vita for market reasons.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:15   Link #16
marvelB

BTW, related to my previous post, Falcom also revealed that they've working on another PSP title alongside Celceta, as well. Perhaps this is the long-overdue Origins port we've been waiting for.....?
Old 2011-09-28, 14:26   Link #17
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I hate that so many great games are exclusive to portables.

PS3 and X360 suffer from a serious lack of good RPGs, X360 even more so.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:10   Link #18
marvelB

Just updating to let folks know that Siliconera had another interview (two parts, so separate links) with Falcom, and they talk a little about this game. They also hint that they may develop some PS3 titles at some point in the near future.....

BTW, I also liked the shout-outs to Gurumin and the Trails series. I'm still looking forward to the (hopefully) eventual localization of those Trails sequels.....
Old 2012-06-19, 21:10   Link #19
marvelB

And now to resurrect another Falcom thread from the dead!

So almost a year has passed since this game's announcement with barely any info released.... until now, that is. It turns out that the game's release date in Japan isn't far off at all.... in fact, it'll be released as soon as this September! Dang, those guys are just mean to release this so soon after the awesome-looking Nayuta for PSP (doesn't help that I don't have a Vita yet, either ).....
Old 2012-06-20, 10:17   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

New screen

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/21016513.html

look like completely new game compare to earlier screen