AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-09, 16:17   Link #41
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Shana: "A mouth to mouth kiss is an oath."
Yuji: "Get away from me! My heart isn't yours, it's Yoshida's!"
*Shana is shocked and taken away by ancient flame haze*

Awesome episode for that reason. 10/10.
When I saw the episode I thought her words were super cute, but after reading you interpretation... LMAO!!! And what's most funny about it is that it makes a certain sense!

Anyway, this came to my mind when watching episode 13, from SnSIII, since I re-watched Seasons I and II recently: in Season I, ep. 1, when Shana first meets Yuji, she cut his chest by the shoulder to prevent the Rinne to take his Hougu - that time he didn't bleed (we all thought it was because he wasn't human, but a Mistess). In this episode, she hits him on his forehead and cuts him there and for my astonishment he starts bleeding. I can't understand the sense in that...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-01-09, 17:37   Link #42
alvinkhorfire

We all know that Yuji is not going to kill Shana for sure. He is doing whatever he can just to contain her from stopping the Psalm of Grand Order, without excessively harming her. If Yuji is actually being fully controlled by SotF, he could have fed power of existence into Blutsauger to inflict a massive amount of wounds on Shana, each time their swords clash.

Even if Shana wants to use Tenpa Jousai to kill the Snake of the Festival, she first has to remove Azure, the anti-flame ring which will render the Tenpa Jousai useless, from Yuji. Yes, it can kill the real body of Snake of the Festival, but since a part of SotF is still merged with Yuji, SotF cannot be completely eliminated.

It is good to see that SotF Yuji and Shana are evenly matched in strength. At least in this way, SotF Yuji cannot lightly ignore the strength of Shana and becomes arrogant.

@Senshigeia
I too cannot understand the inconsistency regarding Yuji bleeding.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-01-09 at 17:51.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:21   Link #43
SnS4Eva

Sabrac is my Fav Villain, so sad he has to die but Sabrac's death was well done. He, as a character, appreciated being feared and finally fears the Snake of the Festival. Thus, he could die in peace.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:11   Link #44
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

@Senshigeia

I can only think as possible explanation that Yuji was just a Mistes back then, and now he is both, a Crimson Denizen and a Mistes, and even when I never saw a Denizen bleeding, Flame Hazes do so I guess it applies in his case too.
Old 2012-01-10, 07:04   Link #45
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

I rather enjoyed this episode ^^

Shana's kiss vow was adorable <3

Since I've only caught up when is the next episode aired? Thanks ^^
Old 2012-01-10, 07:44   Link #46
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh not the kiss I was looking for but heh I'll take what I can get.

Anyway even as an anime-only viewer it was obvious Shana and the crew wouldn't be able to stop them inside the gate this early into the final season.
Old 2012-01-10, 07:47   Link #47
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Eh not the kiss I was looking for but heh I'll take what I can get.

Anyway even as an anime-only viewer it was obvious Shana and the crew wouldn't be able to stop them inside the gate this early into the final season.
I agree I was like yes kiss! But still take what I can get <3

I was confused at first actually since it wasn't a proper opening I was like huh this can't be the final episode. I'm thankful it isn't, it was rather apparent though with long battle scenes. At least we will get some more action soon ^^
Old 2012-01-10, 07:58   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If I don't get see lips meeting lips this season I'm going over to JC Staff's office and kill myself. Others may also die.

Okay not really, but I waited years for that.
Old 2012-01-10, 08:07   Link #49
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
If I don't get see lips meeting lips this season I'm going over to JC Staff's office and kill myself. Others may also die.

Okay not really, but I waited years for that.
Aye. Last episode:
Shana: Yuji, I love you! Kiss me!
*Yuji kisses Yoshida on the lips*
*Shana stands in shock*
Curtain~
Old 2012-01-10, 09:22   Link #50
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After all these years you're still going on with that?
Old 2012-01-10, 11:08   Link #51
Dragoonkiller

Quote:
After all these years...

That really makes me think about how long are we waiting for this serie to end....

BTW... "epic episode" is the only two words that perfectly describes. =P
Old 2012-01-10, 16:15   Link #52
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Aye. Last episode:
Shana: Yuji, I love you! Kiss me!
*Yuji kisses Yoshida on the lips*
*Shana stands in shock*
Curtain~
You are amazing!!

And yes Dragoonkiller, an epic episode!!

Old 2012-01-10, 18:17   Link #53
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
We all know that Yuji is not going to kill Shana for sure. He is doing whatever he can just to contain her from stopping the Psalm of Grand Order, without excessively harming her. If Yuji is actually being fully controlled by SotF, he could have fed power of existence into Blutsauger to inflict a massive amount of wounds on Shana, each time their swords clash.

Even if Shana wants to use Tenpa Jousai to kill the Snake of the Festival, she first has to remove Azure, the anti-flame ring which will render the Tenpa Jousai useless, from Yuji. Yes, it can kill the real body of Snake of the Festival, but since a part of SotF is still merged with Yuji, SotF cannot be completely eliminated.

It is good to see that SotF Yuji and Shana are evenly matched in strength. At least in this way, SotF Yuji cannot lightly ignore the strength of Shana and becomes arrogant.

@Senshigeia
"Even if Shana wants to use Tenpa Jousai to kill the Snake of the Festival, she first has to remove Azure, the anti-flame ring which will render the Tenpa Jousai useless, from Yuji. Yes, it can kill the real body of Snake of the Festival, but since a part of SotF is still merged with Yuji, SotF cannot be completely eliminated."

I thought Azure could protect only against the Flame Haze's flames (like from their spells and all that) and not from a direct impact from Tenpa Jousai

- - Cause I remember Yuji survived since it wasn't directed at him (but at Friagne) back when he fought alongside Shana
Old 2012-01-10, 20:42   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1ge View Post
"Even if Shana wants to use Tenpa Jousai to kill the Snake of the Festival, she first has to remove Azure, the anti-flame ring which will render the Tenpa Jousai useless, from Yuji. Yes, it can kill the real body of Snake of the Festival, but since a part of SotF is still merged with Yuji, SotF cannot be completely eliminated."

I thought Azure could protect only against the Flame Haze's flames (like from their spells and all that) and not from a direct impact from Tenpa Jousai

- - Cause I remember Yuji survived since it wasn't directed at him (but at Friagne) back when he fought alongside Shana
In the movie he was completely swallowed up by Alastor's flames just like Friagne and still survived because he had Azure.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:48   Link #55
SnS4Eva

The Azure is useless if the tenpai jousai is directed at yuji/Sof, thats why SoF got scared when shana threatened him about the move
Old 2012-01-11, 16:53   Link #56
Senshigeia

SnS4Eva: your avatar is so moe!!

I thought the movie was confusing because it's different from the anime...

As for the SnH x Tenpa Josai, it makes sense now, as well as the blood thing on Yuji's forehead. Thanks!

Old 2012-01-12, 18:03   Link #57
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I thought the movie was confusing because it's different from the anime...
Well, Shakugan no SHANA The Movie reanimates the first 6 episode of Season 1. Then again, the movie is more faithful to the novel material, thus we should preferably use the content of the movie as a guideline, rather than the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS4Eva View Post
The Azure is useless if the tenpai jousai is directed at yuji/Sof, thats why SoF got scared when shana threatened him about the move
May I know why you think the Azure is useless against Tenpa Jousai? Do you have any proof for that?

In the movie which, we all agree, is more truthful, Azure protected Yuji from being incinerated by Alastor's flame. In my opinion, the merging of Yuji with the Snake of the Festival should not charge that fact. I could be wrong, but I still believe that Azure is still capable of protecting SotF Yuji.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:17   Link #58
Senshigeia

Quote:
Well, Shakugan no SHANA The Movie reanimates the first 6 episode of Season 1. Then again, the movie is more faithful to the novel material, thus we should preferably use the content of the movie as a guideline, rather than the anime.
Ohhhhh....
Now I get it!!
I was shocked to read volume 8 and to find out so many content removed or altered in the first season (and good content - at least I loved the volume much more than the episodes in the anime).
Anyway I skipped that movie because it is very different from the anime, which I saw in the first place. Thanks for making this clear!

Old 2012-01-12, 21:03   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The last five minutes of this episode from when Shana and Yuuji go all out through Shana delivering the kiss of oath to Yuuji and to the Serpent of the Ritual physical form, finally, coming into the real world were highly epic.

I would so have wished that Sabrac's moments hadn't been bland, because I got a good deal about his motivations, and I definitely believe that the novels laid all the content necessary that explained his past and what drove him to become a mercenary.
Pretty much the anime chopped up lots of important tidbits of novel information that couldn't make it due to pacing and planning in all three seasons.
Old 2012-01-16, 00:33   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

ARRGH MARE.....WHY YOU DIE.....

At least now a shit ton of Flame Hazes are going to be butchered in return hehe

Ep highlight: Hecate's expression seeing the Prof's nuttiness...

Snake really looks like a giant catfish.....keep thinking of eating him....