AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 14:33   Link #41
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Chapter 70 released~

Yuan takes Xix out for a datebreather.

I don't mind the slowing progression of the story since we are getting up to 2 chapters per week instead of the usual one-per-week deal, but I hope we can get a good reason for Nex acting like an ass other than 'he's mad at the world' type deal.
He actually has good reason to be mad at the world more or less. His brother is dead, the girl he loves betrayed him and caused the death of his brother. He's forced to accept responsibility of protecting a world he was thrust in to (that initially also wanted to kill him) from an evil entity that's using his brother's corpse as a marionette. He can't even just walk away and be a hermit or start over.

Anyways, isn't the Serpent Princess and Xix's situation kind of incestuous? From the looks of it they're first cousins aren't they?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 16:16   Link #42
dark44

no they are not you mistake serpent with demon clan thats another one of the big clans
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 16:25   Link #43
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Chapter 70 released~

Yuan takes Xix out for a datebreather.

I don't mind the slowing progression of the story since we are getting up to 2 chapters per week instead of the usual one-per-week deal, but I hope we can get a good reason for Nex acting like an ass other than 'he's mad at the world' type deal.
Hes not mad at the world. He pissed that the village he lived got massacred. And he doesn't know that Siana is still alive. Although technically it was him who almost killed her. Don't hold your breath though. Story didn't get far even with the raws.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:32   Link #44
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Hes not mad at the world. He pissed that the village he lived got massacred. And he doesn't know that Siana is still alive. Although technically it was him who almost killed her. Don't hold your breath though. Story didn't get far even with the raws.
He's talkin bout Nex, genius.
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 17:11   Link #45
Used Can

Man... how many children has Nex got? They should start some campaign to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he also got laid with one or two of those servants at the palace. They're hot as fuck. Also, considering some of them bathe him...

Good things Depore isn't human. She'd probably have ended up with a baby or two as well.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:25   Link #46
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Man... how many children has Nex got? They should start some campaign to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he also got laid with one or two of those servants at the palace. They're hot as fuck. Also, considering some of them bathe him...

Good things Depore isn't human. She'd probably have ended up with a baby or two as well.
At the moment its Three ish. Siana, Xix(most likely) and the midget with the fox pet. The queen whose no longer a queen and serin? Whoever said Serin has twins is probably right.

Nex will forever be mad until he kills his brother. Cause its not his brother anymore. That and serin "betrayed him." Other than that I can't think of anything.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:05   Link #47
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hmm... I only say that he (Nex) is acting butt-hurt because that's how he acted back in Immortal Regis whenever he thought that Serin did something to him that was sooo~ horrible, that he had to hate her forever. I'm just exaggerating my words to make a point.

We now know that whatever Nex thought Serin did to 'betray' him, it was set up by his current wife Iffurita Noah or whatever her name is as part of her own revenge against the Demon Clan for what they did to her mother. It must have been serious if he locked her up for THIS long, but I can't help but think that he's saving her for later and doesn't want anyone to try and get to her again. There's no way that he can honestly believe Iffurita that she heartlessly betrayed him (yet again). But then again, this is Nex... >.>

Honestly, I don't mind Yuan and Xix's little rabu rabu story they got going on - I find it refreshing. As well as the pervert girl with them...XD
Old 2013-02-05, 20:24   Link #48
Used Can

Quote:
Hmm... I only say that he (Nex) is acting butt-hurt because that's how he acted back in Immortal Regis whenever he thought that Serin did something to him that was sooo~ horrible
Well, Serin did:
- Kill him
- Rip his heart out
- Bring his brother over to Chaos (and he ended up possessed by Cal as a result).

So, I think he was a biiit justified, just a bit, on getting "butthurt".
Old 2013-02-05, 20:37   Link #49
Flames

I wonder when this Siana and Xix issue will be solved. We already know Xix must likely will suffer a mental mind break that he the one who caused Siana death making his wanted to avenge siana death and living solely for that motivation useless. But it makes me wonder if Siana wants to kill him for giving her that wound. Cal did said she wanted to keep the wound on her clone body and that she is looking for him.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:02   Link #50
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Well, Serin did:
- Kill him
- Rip his heart out
- Bring his brother over to Chaos (and he ended up possessed by Cal as a result).

So, I think he was a biiit justified, just a bit, on getting "butthurt".
- Accident
- Needed to do so to be revived
- No one had a clue that it would have happened, except for the highest order.

His anger his justified in those situations but his reactions were nearly always so extreme, it's hard to feel sorry for him sometimes, especially when he drives himself into an uncaring, unfeeling corner, no one likes him, everyone is afraid of him and he's okay with it.
Old 2013-02-06, 01:14   Link #51
Used Can

How were his reactions extreme? Those were very serious/unpleasant situations.

- Accident or not, Serin killed him. That's reason enough for him to get seriously angry. Or would you simply have said "Oh! I see, haha! Shit happens!"?
- Serin had her reasons to rip his heart out, but when she did it, she did it without offering any explanation. She simply approached him and took his heart. It's obvious he'd get seriously angry.
- Even if she had no idea what would have happened, taking Jae-Hoon there was still extremely dangerous. Also, it falls down to every single one of these issues that have sparked Jae-Hyuk's anger on Serin, this being she could have told him, but refused to do it. So, when his brother suddenly appeared possessed by the big bad in front of him, it's obvious he was going to get extremely angry. Jae-Hoon was his only family. So, Serin hadn't merely put Jae-Hyuk in this complicated situation, but she also dragged Jae-Hoon into the matter as well.

I'm sorry, but Jae-Hyuk had very good reasons to get angry the way he did.
Old 2013-02-12, 06:32   Link #52
chancs

So the training had already started huh
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:34   Link #53
Xion Valkyrie

I believe there's actually another incident in between the ending of Immortal Regis and Cavalier of the Abyss that caused Nex to lock Serin up. Even if Nex is the savior they wouldn't have let him lock Serin up immediately. He'd have needed to gain political support and entrench himself as the Regis first. Not to mention Serin had his kids, so there must have been a lot more story that was not told in between.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 17:04   Link #54
Used Can

I actually think it's fairly easy. Not only was Nex the Regis at that point, but he's the only one with enough power to do anything about Caladbolg. So, if it ultimately came down to him saying "Do as I say, or get fucked" I'm sure things were bound to go his way.

Not to mention we don't know when or where Serin back-stabbed him. For all we know, she was seen by many. That enough would count as treason, and she'd be liable to punishment however the Regis saw it fit.
Old 2013-02-12, 23:28   Link #55
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I believe there's actually another incident in between the ending of Immortal Regis and Cavalier of the Abyss that caused Nex to lock Serin up. Even if Nex is the savior they wouldn't have let him lock Serin up immediately. He'd have needed to gain political support and entrench himself as the Regis first. Not to mention Serin had his kids, so there must have been a lot more story that was not told in between.
Quote:
I actually think it's fairly easy. Not only was Nex the Regis at that point, but he's the only one with enough power to do anything about Caladbolg. So, if it ultimately came down to him saying "Do as I say, or get fucked" I'm sure things were bound to go his way.

Not to mention we don't know when or where Serin back-stabbed him. For all we know, she was seen by many. That enough would count as treason, and she'd be liable to punishment however the Regis saw it fit.
There are so many questions unanswered Regis is the King. The supreme. I think the way Nex is hell-bent to find Semek, it (Semek) must have influenced Serin to go stab Nex. Semek was against Serin x Nex.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 01:09   Link #56
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
There are so many questions unanswered Regis is the King. The supreme. I think the way Nex is hell-bent to find Semek, it (Semek) must have influenced Serin to go stab Nex. Semek was against Serin x Nex.
Semek is one of the stones that help balance chaos or w.e if i remember correctly. But thats probably not the reason why hes looking for it. Since depore is weakended; semek would probably be the next great thing against cadablog or whatever his name is.
Old 2013-02-13, 01:51   Link #57
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
I think the way Nex is hell-bent to find Semek, it (Semek) must have influenced Serin to go stab Nex.
Unless I'm wrong, Nex didn't start looking for Semek until after Serin back-stabbed him. Before that, the one who carried Semek was Serin, and I believe this was well-known in Chaos, or at least, amongst the powerful people.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:17   Link #58
evil_kenshin

Quote:
- Even if she had no idea what would have happened, taking Jae-Hoon there was still extremely dangerous. Also, it falls down to every single one of these issues that have sparked Jae-Hyuk's anger on Serin, this being she could have told him, but refused to do it. So, when his brother suddenly appeared possessed by the big bad in front of him, it's obvious he was going to get extremely angry. Jae-Hoon was his only family. So, Serin hadn't merely put Jae-Hyuk in this complicated situation, but she also dragged Jae-Hoon into the matter as well.
I know this post is a month old but what else was she to do; Jae-Hyuk was Jae-Hoon's sole guardian and paying for his medical fees; the landlady was getting ready to kick them out as it was if she wasn't so afraid of Jae-Hyuk; basically if Serin didn't bring him to their world he would of been homeless and died very quickly due to his illness.
Old 2013-03-21, 00:52   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

What she did for Jae-Hoon was solely based off her good intentions for him. She realized that Earth's tech couldn't save Jae-Hoon so she brought him over for treatement, thinking that Jae-Hyuk would appreciate it. She had NO idea that Kal was gonna assimilate itself to Jae-Hyuk's brother because he was a pure human. I mean really, did anyone aside from the Clan Heads know that Kal wanted humans to assimilate with?

Yes, she was reponsible for bringing him over but her intentions behind it make it hard to blame her so much for it. The sort of irrational anger that Jae-Hyuk lashes out at the immediate problem with just destroys the bonds that he has/had with people.

He would have gotten over it and made up with Serin a long time ago if Depore wasn't meddling and arranging for Serin's blood to be sent back over the course of the years that they were apart. She consigned herself to a virtual prison of her own choosing in a way to atone for what she did. Not only was her magic being drained at an unbelievable rate, but she also made a point to have blood drawn to fill vials for Jae-Hyuk every 2-3 days. If that doesn't say something about how sorry she was and how much she wanted to make up for it, I don't know what does. Serin deserved beyond the shadow of a doubt for that one.

And since we know that Nex was tricked into believing that Serin did something awful 'again', from the Noah clan no less, so that Ifurita could have her revenge against the Demon clan, and also have Nex to herself, he just comes across as an idiot who needs to be beaten up again like he used to when he was a kid. Ruining the people around him by acting like this is no way to save the world.
Old 2013-03-21, 17:07   Link #60
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
I know this post is a month old but what else was she to do; Jae-Hyuk was Jae-Hoon's sole guardian and paying for his medical fees; the landlady was getting ready to kick them out as it was if she wasn't so afraid of Jae-Hyuk; basically if Serin didn't bring him to their world he would of been homeless and died very quickly due to his illness.
I'm not saying she had bad intentions, but that Jae-Hyuk's anger and distrust on some of her actions and rather well grounded and justified. Also, as Tempest35 said, Depore also played a large role on Jae-Hyuk and Serin not talking for two years... That, and both of them suck horribly at communication.

Anyhow, my point never was that Serin is a bad person or that she is solely to blame for the issues they had, but that Jae-Hyuk's anger on her didn't come out of nowhere, nor was it childish as some of the things she did at the time were questionable or hit him hard. Both of them did wrong, and the circumstances play a very large factor in their relationship, and sadly, those circumstances were almost never good.

Anyhow, I've been reading some spoilers.... Damn... I just don't know how things can get better.

Quote:
And since we know that Nex was tricked into believing that Serin did something awful 'again', from the Noah clan no less, so that Ifurita could have her revenge against the Demon clan, and also have Nex to herself, he just comes across as an idiot who needs to be beaten up again like he used to when he was a kid. Ruining the people around him by acting like this is no way to save the world.
I don't think the issue is whatever misinformation Ifrita gave him (who, at the time, was a good girl in Nex's eyes), but Serin's backstabbing (which is literal, we've seen a picture of it and Nex's wound). So, again, Serin is also at fault.