AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 08:48   Link #1
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
HALF & HALF by Seo Kouji

Not sure if anyone is reading but they have finally turned it into a serialization in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Synopsis

Nagakawa Shinichi and Sanada Yuuki both get involved in an accident and die together, but they are given a chance to live again. A voice lets them survive for seven more days. However, that after the time limit, one of two must die again. Also, their lives will be shared, including emotions (guilt) and physical sensations (pain). They are told not to leave the other's side, else both of them die. Now, with each of them wanting to save his/her own life, how will the next seven days of non-separation be like? Will they get along?
Old 2012-12-21, 09:13   Link #2
Aesthetic Shampoo

I remember loving the one shot, it was short and sweet.

That being said, the serialized version has a horny main character, selfish heroine, bastard best friend, and cheating girlfriend
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 10:32   Link #3
Insane
Banned

Hopefully it won't be a never ending, facepalmworthy drama series anymore like KNIM (which i had dropped long time ago because of such fact)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:35   Link #4
Kikuchi

I just read the pilot and the first 3 chapters of the serialization. The short story was good and everything, but it makes me wonder what they'll do with the ending here. Next chapter February 9th...

Third chapter was brutal for the MC, but I liked how the whole thing went down. What the friend did was a pretty good "fuck you" to shounen logic.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:41   Link #5
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I liked the oneshot and this seems to be great too.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 02:30   Link #6
alluka1509

Spoilers are out http://imgur.com/a/HVnBG
alluka1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 07:02   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Looks like it reached the part where they confessed to each other.. I guess Seo wants to keep ending the same

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 12:01   Link #8
Pesti13nce

Maybe it won't be tragic.... Maybe... Or maybe they both decide on a lovers suicide?.. I hope at least they study together.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 02:04   Link #9
konokon
Banned

Chapter 009 is released

CHAPTER 008 Shinichi and Yuuki said : I Like You

CHAPTER 009 is all about Love and as usual Last page Seo Kouji going Ecchi

Chapter 009 really romantic and emotional chapter and next chapter will be released on november 008

Shinichi and YUUKI showing the feelings of love is really beautiful to watch .

Last edited by konokon; 2014-09-13 at 02:38.
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 18:24   Link #10
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so is this like the oneshot but expanded upon? same ending and everything, except its just longer and fleshed out? i loved the oneshot. so much emotion out of 40 pages.

hahaha. nice chapter 8. so we know seo reflects on what people think about kimi..

ARJKG. what an infuriating time to pick this manga up... it seems like there's only a chapter or two left in the story. now i have to wait..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2014-10-27 at 20:47.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 06:04   Link #11
Nuvi

It does look like that it may follow the same ending as presented by the oneshot. I hope they both actually survives though, I don't want them dead. Surprisingly, this short manga is the only series authored by Seo Keoji which I actually like.

The God in this series is such a sadist, what's the point in killing one of them anyway? =/
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 06:06   Link #12
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvi View Post
It does look like that it may follow the same ending as presented by the oneshot. I hope they both actually survives though, I don't want them dead. Surprisingly, this short manga is the only series authored by Seo Keoji which I actually like.

The God in this series is such a sadist, what's the point in killing one of them anyway? =/
You don't like Princess Lucia?
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 06:50   Link #13
Nuvi

It's not something which I hold in high regard.

If there is one thing that is definitely true about Seo, it is that he is capable of creating characters that people care enough for to rage about the nasty things he does to them[eg. KNIM, H&H, and recently being Fuuka].
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 23:42   Link #14
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so speaking of which, the new chapter came out in whatever magazine recently right?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-12-01, 17:18   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

gahhh. its out. i was expecting an emotional sledgehammer this chapter, but got a glancing blow instead. perhaps it'll be next time. i hope there's a happy resolution to this, but i don't see it coming. i can only speculate that
Spoiler for my guess:

Old 2014-12-01, 17:57   Link #16
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
gahhh. its out. i was expecting an emotional sledgehammer this chapter, but got a glancing blow instead. perhaps it'll be next time. i hope there's a happy resolution to this, but i don't see it coming. i can only speculate that
Spoiler for my guess:
Spoiler for my guess:
Old 2014-12-01, 19:21   Link #17
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for my guess:
ooh, that's good. it does remedy the situation she presented this chapter.

Old 2014-12-02, 09:11   Link #18
qtjr168

Spoiler for My Guess::
qtjr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 19:57   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

a;kslsdjfadls;kfjlafsd. I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER. I WAS EMOTIONALLY PREPARED FOR IT. now i have 2 months to prep myself again..

so shinichiro will bear the burden of living alone. that's horribly sad.

Old 2015-01-22, 20:37   Link #20
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
a;kslsdjfadls;kfjlafsd. I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER. I WAS EMOTIONALLY PREPARED FOR IT. now i have 2 months to prep myself again..

so shinichiro will bear the burden of living alone. that's horribly sad.
hmm I'm abstaining from this until the complete mark shows up. The thing about Seo Kouji is that he doesn't write the kind of manga that I can enjoy the excitement of waiting for the next chapter without medicating. I love the kinds of characters he makes and stories are pretty good as well but it just seems like he throws in a few chapters that leave me with an enrage status for a few days after reading. So I have to wait for the last chapter to come out so that I can read them all in one or two days and the rage chapters are more like quickly pulling a thorn. It stings a little at first but once it's over with quickly I can read in comfort. That being said I look forward to reading this manga, I really enjoyed the one shot.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote