AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-28, 21:48   Link #1
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Question Capture Card

My father gave me his capture card, I dont know what its model. Before inserting it in my PC, I want to know if I must replace it with my current video card or not?
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 22:22   Link #2
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
My father gave me his capture card, I dont know what its model. Before inserting it in my PC, I want to know if I must replace it with my current video card or not?
Video Capture Cards are PCI; most Video Cards are AGP. In other words, you cannot replace your current video card with a video capture card; don't try it. Just stick the video capture card in an empty PCI stop on your motherboard.

However, that being said, there exists video cards marketed by ATI call "XXXX All in Wonder". These cards are merely regular video cards with onboard video capture cards.

I'm sure you're wondering: how can I tell if its one or the other?

Sorry about the bad quality, but I'm using a laptop's onboard camera here. As you can see in the picture, the one on the left is a PCI card and on the right we have an AGP card. You can tell the difference because: (1) the PCI card connector is divided into two pieces while the AGP is divided into three pieces and (2) all AGP cards have that little hook type thing (marked with an arrow) to keep it seated into the slot.

If you have an All in Wonder card, if will be an AGP card. Your system may only have ONE AGP card installed at once; therefore, if this is the case, you must replace your old video card.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 23:58   Link #3
ShadowX114
is my nickname

thx a lot for ur explaination.
My video card is not made by ATI, so i dont think its a AGP but of course ill check. Thats a good news that Its possible to instert both cuz i really dont want to replace my video card, its a really good one.

but, where can I see where the "All in Wonder" written? is it written on a label that is stuck on the card?

Last edited by ShadowX114; 2004-07-30 at 01:03.
Old 2004-07-30, 01:09   Link #4
ShadowX114
is my nickname

NOOOO , my video card is an AGP
I'm not paying fully attention about the capture card right now cuz im trying to fix the HD problem. But I will come back to it after i finish the HD thingy.

I tried to remove my video card but its stuck! I removed the screw but its still stuck. Is there something else that could be sticking it?
Old 2004-07-31, 13:05   Link #5
kree

Unfortunatly I cannot currently post a picture to help, but it is fairly simple and most likely will not need one.

Almost all Mother Boards have a little white or brown "knob" that slides into the hook KeinikuSuki pointed out.

You simply have to pull on the knob before the card will slide out of it's slot.
kree is offline   Reply With Quote