AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 20:57   Link #201
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonos View Post
Episode 1 was pretty enjoyable, though it wasn't as funny as I had hope for like in the manga. Hopefully it'll be like that later on.
lol I think it still funny.
this anime is like.. Yugi-oh or those lame battle animes.
the thing I love in this anime is the effects, graphics, and the kawaii artwork.
Even its like card, summoning, whatsoever battle the summoners are cute like chibi yeah.
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:06   Link #202
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's the point of Class A challenging Class F?
I don't remember who declared war first on whom in the novel, but I do know there's a good reason for Class A to want to challenge F, which might surprise you (though there were a couple hints this episode, and in the OP for that matter).

I'm not sure if that's the reason the anime's going to use but it seems the most plausible to me.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:19   Link #203
tsunade666

the one who declare it is F on A. Yuuji think up a clever scheme to lure the A to agree with it.
And that scheme requires the battle on other class but the anime skips it and ended up with A challenging them which shouldn't be the opposite of it.

Yap the first episode gives hint in the novel it just hit me big time with only one clue but I ignore it.

Giving 2 hints will prove the anime will do the same and it will help in further development.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:29   Link #204
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If only academic marks today could be this interesting...I would dedicate A LOT more time to studying and working instead.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:49   Link #205
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
If only academic marks today could be this interesting...I would dedicate A LOT more time to studying and working instead.
ya, it'll make studying so much fun. Studying = grinding for levels. I'll be so jealous of those people that don't study and still do good at school. Having good grades so that my summon(being) can have awesome armor/weapon and skills would motivate me to study hard.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:51   Link #206
Isekaijin

Quote:
I agree, I totally would like a chibified version of myself with a golden armor and a lightning sword.

That was my level way back in high school at least.

Anyways, the first episode was different from what I expected, but I hope they won't twist the main story... As expected Hideyoshi was... cute. Damnit, after seeing the first episode and the christmas special. I spent three hours watching bishoujo animes to supress that first impression of him.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 01:21   Link #207
tsunade666

christmas special?

Don't worry your not the only one who will be trapped and will not be the last person to be trapped.

I kinda expect they would make yoshii the acting clown of the show but not to the extent of making fool of his syokanju.

I love the seen where it tripped and got damage
Old 2010-01-10, 01:35   Link #208
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Is it me or does Minami Shimada remind me Aka Onda(bottom right)@REC or Mina Hayase(top right)@SexFriend.
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2010-01-10, 02:06   Link #209
tsunade666

I don't know about aka ondo about I know about mina hayase from sex friend... .and I just download a raw version of it yesterday.....

Their is more likelyness from mina hayase with the same color of hair and hair ornament but I'm not sure about aka ondo because it looks differ and she has a long hair.

But I'm sure that mina and minami are different. Their chest said so.
Old 2010-01-10, 02:09   Link #210
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Or.... she simply reminds you of all the countless GIANT RIBBON wearing female protagonists in anime. Like Sohara Mitsuki in Sora no Otoshimono?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:18   Link #211
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I don't remember who declared war first on whom in the novel, but I do know there's a good reason for Class A to want to challenge F, which might surprise you (though there were a couple hints this episode, and in the OP for that matter).

I'm not sure if that's the reason the anime's going to use but it seems the most plausible to me.
I figured it had something to do with the blue haired girl, especially since in the OP you see her grab a certain someone, and she asn't too happy with him making that speech to Class F.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:46   Link #212
tsunade666

sohara had a different color hair.... I think her hair is brown. But the chest the CHEST.

Ah that certain someone is really special and will be a special character in the future. But if you watch the op you will clearly see that the guy is been grabbed by only the hands and the figure isn't clear but assuming on what's happening in his speech in the class you can guess who it is.

The anime is trying to be original from the novel if you ask me which I think is okay.
Old 2010-01-10, 02:51   Link #213
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm pretty sure you see a flash of hair when that guy gets grabbed. I watched the OP enough lol

Quote:
In terms of appearance, can we tell the siblings apart?
If you look at the novel covers in the OP for this thread and compare novel 4 to 8 you'll see the slight difference in hair style.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-01-10 at 03:58.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 04:02   Link #214
Fandal

What interest me about this show is it's deeper implications on the power of THE BIG TEST.

Countries like China & Japan strongly depend on a single test which can determine one's future. I watched a documentary a while back and it was quite interesting to see how powerful that test was in countries like that. At least in Japan I think you can take it as many times as you want. I hear in China you only get 1 shot and only 1 shot. Your entire life is determined by that test and if you get sick or ill on that day - too bad - just live life as a regular peasant even if you were a genius for every other day but that day.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 05:56   Link #215
ac3y

First episode completely blew me away (relative to what my expectations were, anyways). Man, I wish school was actually like that.

Is it just me, or does the abundance of soft pastel-y colours and patterns remind anyone of Bakemonogatari?

Last edited by ac3y; 2010-01-10 at 06:38.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:01   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
Is it just me, or does the abundance of soft pastel-y colours and patterns remind anyone of Bakemonogatari
Shin Oonuma (the director of Baka Test has worked under Akiyuki Shinbo in the past, plus he also directed an episode of Bakemonogatari, so it's not surprise.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-01-10 at 06:39.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:32   Link #217
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
First episode completely blew me away (relative to what my expectations were, anyways). Man, I wish school was actually like that.

Is it just me, or does the abundance of soft pastel-y colours and patterns remind anyone of Bakemonogatari
Haha, I thought I was completely nuts to get a Shaft vibe from the episode but it seems like I'm not the only one.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:43   Link #218
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Haha, I thought I was completely nuts to get a Shaft vibe from the episode but it seems like I'm not the only one.
Nope you definitely aren't the only one.
Old 2010-01-10, 06:58   Link #219
tsunade666

If their is a school like this in a real world. Going to school will be fantastic or rather having a decent events in school that can be really enjoyed ( my country sucks at this ) will give me enough drive to even go to school or even work a bit harder..... but reality sucks just as how sucks the government is.

Man it sure is will become one hell of a fun to have a school war.
Old 2010-01-10, 10:04   Link #220
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Shin Oonuma (the director of Baka Test has worked under Akiyuki Shinbo in the past, plus he also directed an episode of Bakemonogatari, so it's not surprise.
OMFG I saw alittle Bakemonogatari animation style in there also but I thought it was just a coincidence or I was just seeing things.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen