AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 14:03   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP itself is obviously holding over until it has more to it, but the song is a blast.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 18:21   Link #42
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

'__')/wai~~~~~~~~~
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 22:00   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Episode one was just the usual Hidamari, for better or worse.
The strangely lack of movement near the end of the episode and the stillframe ED was interesting though. Come to think of it, Vampire Bund's ED was also a single frame...
Shaft, you okay? Not going Gonzo on us, are you?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 00:41   Link #44
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A nice little story to remind us of the old character dynamics, and quite the peaceful and chuckle inducing introduction for the new characters. A nice episode overall, it reminded me of how much I love this series. Now if the animation staff can keep up with the release schedule I'd be all the happier.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:30   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now to wait and see how long it takes until the first sub is released, as usual.
Old 2010-01-08, 08:08   Link #46
Dop
Mmmm....

I am so looking forward to this, and seeing how the new characters affect the dynamic.
One of my most awaited shows of the season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 09:09   Link #47
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I am so looking forward to this, and seeing how the new characters affect the dynamic.
Spoiler for details of first episode:

In a still frame of the gas meters outside the apartments, there's a number --
Spoiler for gas meters:

Last edited by nojay; 2010-01-08 at 09:26. Reason: Just spotted something:
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 11:03   Link #48
sirn
田舎者言うな

Takahashi Yuma (same propaganda producer as Bakemonogatari) said in today's event the OP and ED will probably changed by episode 3. Looks like they're not finished it on time.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:48   Link #49
Midonin
Last Engage

That's a decent time frame to wait for full animation.
Old 2010-01-08, 17:48   Link #50
scr
my sides are in orbit

Wow, the 3rd season of Hidamari Sketch is a very major animation upgrade. And because it's Shaft, it's unlikely that the quality will go down throughout the episodes. Just for this time, i'm personally acknowledging that Bakemonogatari is a massive success.

Anyway, for now there's not enough Nazuna and Nori on-screen for me to say whether i'll like them.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:53   Link #51
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The subs usually slow for this one?
Old 2010-01-08, 18:12   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari's never had the fastest subs. But the wait is worth it. Plus, it's in widescreen from the start this time.
Old 2010-01-08, 20:40   Link #53
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Hidamari's never had the fastest subs. But the wait is worth it. Plus, it's in widescreen from the start this time.
…and in HD! Blu-ray release is also planned this time.

Quote:
That's a decent time frame to wait for full animation.
Producer Tanaka said SHAFT has worked on it until Thusday morning and still can't made it in time. Hence the animators for the OP/ED are still uncredited. But I think it's going to be good, since the opening director seems to be that person who brings us this awesomeness.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 23:39   Link #54
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

(Missing) OP and ED sequences aside, this was a good first episode. I'd totally forgotten about the first story - I thought they'd just jump into Nazuna and Nori (I'd jump into Nazuna and Nori, if you know what I mean). Second half was a buildup to the episode's conclusion with the appearance of our two new tenants.

HS is a ray of sunshine during these winter months. I take back what I said about my initial impressions about the OP (was it here?). It's a fun track and I'm looking forward to the actual sequence accompanying it. Also, widescreen for wide faces ^__________^
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 04:07   Link #55
SamCurt

It appeared to me that thy only finished the OP up to the title card. Are their schedules actually this tight?

And, also observed were the symbols for Nori and Nazuna (mouse and Nazuna's... hair thingy). Nazuna's didn't came as a surprise, as it followed the precedents of the more girly tenents (Hiro and Yuno), is Nori that much of a geek? My reading of the manga did not reveal that.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 05:51   Link #56
Zippicus

More hidamarii sketch is always a good thing. As long as they keep making it, I'll keep watching it.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 05:52   Link #57
firehawk12

Quote:

Has anyone confirmed picking it up?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 05:56   Link #58
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Has anyone confirmed picking it up?
Its already subbed. Its been posted 2h ago on JT (the new TT).
Old 2010-01-09, 11:38   Link #59
Midonin
Last Engage

Kana Asumi certainly got a chance to show off her English skills in this one. I also liked Miyako turning the news of Nori and Nazuna moving in into a game of telephone. Another display of Miyako's great sense of language was her "What does IT stand for?" answer. (The answer: In Ternet!)

Credit to Hitomi Harada as Nori. Her voice is different compared to her other major role this season (Mizuki Himeji in BakaTest) and Tomoe last season. Chiaki Omigawa also looks to be doing a good job as Nazuna.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:00   Link #60
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The way Yuno said "stew" and those other words in English was quite adorable and even attractive.

I definitely already like Nori and Nazuna. The series is off to another nice start and will likely continue to remain one of my favorites.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life