AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 15:53   Link #161
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Taking into account that there was probably 2-3 weeks since the Tosei game in Season 1 with the current game in Season 2, it's really a short time to expect much progression in terms of character changes/growth. In Episode 10, we got to see the other side of Tajima which we have very rarely seen - his serious side - as he immediately took charge when Abe was down. The best part of the episode for me though is how they showed and handled the sheer frustration and helplessness of Abe as he held on tightly to Mihashi's right forearm in a wordless apology.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 10:59   Link #162
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

By the way, does anyone know when will the full version of the ED song (Shishou Densha) be released. I used to check up on gendou for these, but I can't open up gendou saying HTTP 403 (forbidden).
Old 2010-06-07, 14:52   Link #163
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Eps 10
Spoiler for Wow I'n never expect this:
Old 2010-06-09, 19:36   Link #164
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

10 is subbed!

Holy crud, I knew Abe/Mihashi would get injured sometime (that promise pretty much assured it) but it's still a shock to see it happen. Although, since the other team seemed to know most of Abe's pattens, maybe having another catcher/Mihashi making calls on his own will throw them off enough to prevent more runs. They did seem a bit flustered when Mihashi started "shaking off" signs, methinks there will be a lot of training for everyone after this match, win or lose.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 20:40   Link #165
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Only in the shoujo-riffic, puppy-dog, fairy-dumpling universe of OoFuri could you see a baseball series where the guys engage in tickle fights and hand-holding on the mound . This stuff is really priceless - nothing else quite like it.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:15   Link #166
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I tell you, this is payback for all the moe shows men have made over the 00's.

edit: ep 11 raw is out

Spoiler for ep 11 raw:

Last edited by Proto; 2010-06-10 at 22:31.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 12:41   Link #167
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

OoFuri=Finally, some moe for the ladies.
Old 2010-06-16, 23:30   Link #168
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Subs out for ep 11.

Dang it... they are in a big bind here. I'm beginning to wonder if they can pull it out, or if this is the end.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 23:38   Link #169
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Ok.. I must admit I haven't read further that's why I'm so excited. It's really too bad that the "new" battery never really had time to practice, they would have prevented a run if they did. I really hope they win. 2 runs more for a tie!!!!
Old 2010-06-17, 18:03   Link #170
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Only in the shoujo-riffic, puppy-dog, fairy-dumpling universe of OoFuri could you see a baseball series where the guys engage in tickle fights and hand-holding on the mound . This stuff is really priceless - nothing else quite like it.
Even though Oofuri is seinen right?

At first I thought it was shounen but it is serialized in Afternoon. Wow!

Anyways I think it just goes to show manga target demographics can be misleading. I am sure this series is the biggest hit with female fans.
Old 2010-06-17, 19:17   Link #171
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I actually wouldn't have been surprised to hear the series was shojo, it seems so clearly aimed at girls (I once heard the characters described as "bi-curious" and I must admit it rings true ).

As for 11, hoo boy, they're doing as well as they can but with all the new plans being made up on the fly I'm pretty worried. And the preview for 12 doesn't look good either, must resist looking at RAWS!
Old 2010-06-17, 20:16   Link #172
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I actually wouldn't have been surprised to hear the series was shojo, it seems so clearly aimed at girls (I once heard the characters described as "bi-curious" and I must admit it rings true ).
It's just bro-mance. There are certain circumstances that make a good bromance acceptable to male viewers.

1: War
2: Sports
3: The (hopeless) Pursuit of Women

This falls into the category of Sports, but it has a certain intensity a bit higher then normal for most team sports because it is focused on the love between a pitcher and his catcher. It's closer in feel to a boxing bromance focused on a boxer and his trainer.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 05:09   Link #173
firehawk12

Has there been an official announcement on the number of episodes they're doing?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 08:00   Link #174
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Has there been an official announcement on the number of episodes they're doing?
13. It says 13 is the final episode in Newtype - July.
Old 2010-06-18, 11:06   Link #175
Ziziphus
Whatever

^ Why so short? I'll be lonely without Oofuri. And I can't even resort to the manga, what's with the turtle-speed release and all...

Btw, some trivia that I don't get: what's the meaning of the water splashing thing that Hamada often does to the oendan (does that even have a meaning though)? I can't remember where that scene is at the moment, but I will try to find it later if ppl don't get what I mean.
Old 2010-06-18, 19:37   Link #176
Connavar

Sure there are some female touches on the tickling,hand holding but only in anime,manga world would a series about male friendship look like they are gay.

Broromance is not unusual when you are fighting so hard in sports.

If it was shoujo i would not be as interested for natural reasons. Oofuri is one of few sport series that is great mostly because of its characters and not just the sport. Most sport series has generic characters that you see in every shonen.

It reminds me of early Hajime No Ippo when it comes to characters. Great characters who can carry their series sports series or not.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 23:37   Link #177
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just watched ep. 12 raw...

Spoiler for ep 12:
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 01:10   Link #178
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
^ Why so short? I'll be lonely without Oofuri. And I can't even resort to the manga, what's with the turtle-speed release and all...

Well, technically there's enough material to make another series of 13 episodes at the end of this one. They decided to split because... well, you'll understand it. Personally I think it is the correct choice to do so.

As for the gender popularity. There are quite a lot fujioshis that like this title, but they were upset in the past chapters by some inner declaration of heterosexuality from all the team members and also because Asa-sensei continues to draw the hairs on the players' legs. Fujioshis would prefer them hairless. They complained a lot about these two issues ....

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 09:48   Link #179
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 12 is safely the best episode in this 2nd season. Mihashi has come a long way. I've already rewatched the episode about 4 times already. Good stuff.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 22:02   Link #180
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

One of the best ED songs for the season

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports