AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-10, 15:46   Link #21
Kayess
Guy From Canada

A spacial rift opens in the very space occupied by each of our hearts and quickly sucks in all matter within a 100 yard radius, leading it to an utter oblivion of nothingnessness.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:06   Link #22
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Here in America in certain states it is a requirement that we pass two years of Spanish to graduate from High School
actually... thats false... you have to take atleast 2 years of a language to pass high school and actually get into a colledge. And if that high school only has the spanish language, then you have to take 2 years of that, which is a rare case...

And if Naruto got dubbed, the worse that could happen is that the series would edit out the scenes with blood and put gay names for techniques, such as Ino's mind transfer technique changed into valentine technique.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:16   Link #23
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
6) Neji beating up Hinata is too intense for the kiddies. Hinata cut.

NOOOOOOOO NOT HINA-CHAN!!!??!?!?!

I think he just named the worse that could happen
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:18   Link #24
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
actually... thats false... you have to take atleast 2 years of a language to pass high school and actually get into a colledge. And if that high school only has the spanish language, then you have to take 2 years of that, which is a rare case...

And if Naruto got dubbed, the worse that could happen is that the series would edit out the scenes with blood and put gay names for techniques, such as Ino's mind transfer technique changed into valentine technique.
Oh excuse me language . So yeah Latin, French what have you its still a requirement for graduation thats what I was explaining to him. If Spanish was all you could take then my statement would be true though. The point was still the same.

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2004-11-10 at 17:44.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 17:29   Link #25
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
What's the worst that could happen if Naruto was dubbed?
they dub it in swedish
Agree, I live in Sweden too. And I have heard one (not so serious) dub.
They said "hokage-sama" på skånska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
Swedish would pwn ^_^

Skuggklon Tekniken!

Förvandlings Tekniken!

Spiral klotet!

Everything said with Rony & Ragge and Gunde Svan voices....>_> <_<

And he would finish very sentence with "Du vet..."

Jag vill äta nudel soppa, du vet. >_>
haha! OK it would be cool if ronny & ragge dubbed naruto and sasukes voices
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 18:09   Link #26
Bloodrage256
Naruto Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Bloodrage256 Send a message via MSN to Bloodrage256
Worst possible thing: 4kids...enough said.

I'd rather see the people who dubbed: Hellsing, Evangelion, Trigun...to do it. Those where the only good dubs I have seen so far.
Bloodrage256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 19:58   Link #27
Suiken-Of-Lee
SSEENNNPUUUUU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrage256
Worst possible thing: 4kids...enough said.

I'd rather see the people who dubbed: Hellsing, Evangelion, Trigun...to do it. Those where the only good dubs I have seen so far.
I completely agree with you. 4kids would literally be the death of the show. Might I make a couple of guesses?

1. Naruto's voice will be done by that kid who was Anakin Skywalker, or "annie".

2. Kage Bunshin = "Double/Triple/Quadruple-Me attack"

3. Jiraiya with be Naruto's long lost father.

4. All kunais will be replaced with rocks (for throwing purposes)
Suiken-Of-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 20:04   Link #28
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

I think everyone is getting too overworked about the dubbing. If you watch adult swim you see shows like tri-gun, cowboy bebop and inuyasha on there and they are dubbed well and Naruto is adult themed enough to where it will probably be shown on adult swim and they will just edit out the shits and fucks and they can leave it as it is.

I'd be more worried about Naruto becomming mainstream. I'd prefer Naruto to be this kind of secret thing in America instead of a "pokemon" except that as well all know the themes are different from eachother.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 20:51   Link #29
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

I become impotent. Seriously, if the Naruto series is dubbed less than perfect, I think Im going to lose my erection ability forever....

If youre reading this message, 4Kids or anyone else considering dubbing Naruto, I beg you to do the best dub job possible. My sex life depends on it. I mean, how will you sleep at night knowing a horrible dub job caused a healthy teen to lose his sexual drive? So please, for your sake and mine, dub Naruto like my sex life depended on it. Because it does.

Wouldnt it be weird if I put blow instead of dub in front of job? That'd probably mean I subconsciously am aroused at the thought of companies that dub Japanese anime. Pretty weird...but its better than being aroused by corpses, right?

Not that there's anything wrong with necrophelia, I mean, its probably against the law to copulate with a corpse, but hey, who am I to judge, I probably dream of getting it on with 4Kids every night.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 21:22   Link #30
winson604

It would totally ruin Naruto. White people can never do voices like japs can. The cute lil voices of the chicks, the high pitched voice. Some anime works out if they speak fairly normally but in Naruto it is stricly Jap or Cantonese only that would work
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 21:42   Link #31
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

LOL, those white people? Is there any reason for use to worry about someone like 4kids getting their hands on Naruto? I mean which companies are fighting over it right now? As far as the feminity of asian voices goes I think thats just being a little to picky. As long as the voice selection is good I wouldn't complain. Jaken from Inuyasha had this unbelievable voice in jpanaese I never thought they could duplicate. But surprisingly they had someone do a voice just like the japanese voice actor. All the absurdly strange squawks were toned down but it was close and the voice actor was good. Its all you could ask for without making the japanese actors leanr English really.

If it gets put on Adult Swim thats great it will be a hit. Though I wouldn't mind Naruto being as popular as DragonballZ and coming on in the afternon if they could fit it, just as long as it isn't overcensored its popularity doesn't matter. Thats just more people to talk about it with. I know several of you live outside the united States but wishing the worst for the dub isn't in American fan's interest. It means dubs won't be taken as seriously and we never have a grand market of anime. Fansubs are great and all but they aren't good for business. If we want anime to succeed its got to be dubbed and people have to like it. That way more merchandise comes over here and our favorite show goes beyond cult status, it becomes a success.

Even Kishimoto decided on making the show about ninjas so it had more mainstream success with a foreign market, he knew how popular shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in America and that would mean more money for him. He wanted to make it about Samurai but that had been done to death by the time he began drawing. Naruto has 3 Gamecube games out in Japan. Thats how popular it is! Not one of those games has come to America for fans to play because its not popular over here yet.
Naruto dubbed and done well is a good thing. The only problem is shutting own fansubs. I wouldn't complain as much if it didn't take them forever to do shows like Inuyasha when the anime is already complete in Japan. Ohwell thats how the anime market works nowadays.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 22:59   Link #32
iceyfw

they would say spells instead of jutsus
i would want bandai or geneon to dub it
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 23:41   Link #33
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra
"super doppleganger technique!!!!!!!!"
That right there is my biggest thing. If the episodes stick to the same extremely shitty translation the americanized manga did, then I will never EVER watch it in the U.S

I'll stick with my subbed episodes if that's the case
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 00:04   Link #34

kakashi and kurenai switch voices.
sasuke and naruto swittch voices.
sakura sounds like orochimaru.
orochimaru sounds like ino.
akamaru sounds like the third hokage.
tsunade sounds like zabuza.
shuriken replaced with tooth picks.
chidori turns to ''flash of lightning that blinds the enemy".
kage bushin turns to ''100 duplicates of me!!"
sharingan turns to ''3 pupil eyes"
sakura no longer chases after sasuke as her boyfriend, instead she thinks he's her brother.
in the chuunin exam when the snake swallows naruto, he will just throw up instead of exploding.
sasuke doesnt want revenge on itachi and only wants to thank him for uh nothing.
gaara uses medicine pills instead of sand to kill enemies.
ibiki's torture marks turn to permenant marker drawings.
kakashi summons rats instead of dogs to attack zabuza.
sasuke's fire techiques turn to gas techiques.
kyuubi is a 9 tailed cat instead of fox.
tsunade now pinches instead of super freaky punches.
instead of jiraiya drinking alcohol he drinks milk.
chakra turns to fighting spirit.

and worst of all..........
the opening turns to I LOVE U U LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!
012345789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 00:13   Link #35
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012345789
sakura no longer chases after sasuke as her boyfriend, instead she thinks he's her brother.
in the chuunin exam when the snake swallows naruto, he will just throw up instead of exploding.
sasuke doesnt want revenge on itachi and only wants to thank him for uh nothing.

I think a mass suicide by countless numbers of Naruto fanatics has a better chance of happening once the series is dubbed than this.
Old 2004-11-11, 00:22   Link #36
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012345789

I would personally hunt down every last bastard that took part in doing this and beat them into oblivion......I will keep them on the verge of death for as long as possible just to increase their torment.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 00:30   Link #37
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBattousai
I would personally hunt down every last bastard that took part in doing this and beat them into oblivion......I will keep them on the verge of death for as long as possible just to increase their torment.
And youre pleasure, right?

You know Im right...sadist
Old 2004-11-11, 02:11   Link #38
Kakashi8489

Dunno if this is true or not but narutomania.com fourms their saying that Naruto is being liscensed. I hope it's not true.
Kakashi8489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 02:29   Link #39
iceyfw

i can imagine when it gets licensed, we all watch raws and try to guess what they are saying hehe
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 02:44   Link #40
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
i can imagine when it gets licensed, we all watch raws and try to guess what they are saying hehe
Maybe, but there is a chance that there will be some groups willing to sub the series regardless of whether it's licensed or not.