AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-14, 20:35   Link #621
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I didn't mind that Rin didn't hear, but I was bothered that Rin didn't react to Kengo or Masato disappearing. I thought she noticed at least one of them disappearing in the game. Maybe that was just me, but they could have made her at least ask where they went.
Old 2013-12-15, 00:23   Link #622
Zankoku12

Talk about Rin,did they ever reveal the reason why she was so shy around stranger ?
Old 2013-12-15, 01:28   Link #623
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Talk about Rin,did they ever reveal the reason why she was so shy around stranger ?
No, just that something happened when she was little which was similar to the events at the end of her route.
Old 2013-12-16, 22:28   Link #624
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

I wish they mentioned what happened to her so we could understand that part a bit better.
Old 2013-12-17, 19:50   Link #625
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I didn't mind that Rin didn't hear, but I was bothered that Rin didn't react to Kengo or Masato disappearing. I thought she noticed at least one of them disappearing in the game. Maybe that was just me, but they could have made her at least ask where they went.
I'm fairly sure her memories disappear with them, thus why she isn't bothered by it.

She'd have to recall them again, like she does later, to notice that they're missing.
Old 2013-12-18, 03:29   Link #626
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

So then, let's speculate...
Do you think they'll include the 'bad end' in next week's episode? Aka... "Is that enough?"
Old 2013-12-18, 05:41   Link #627
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

They have to include it for LB to work. There's no reason not to include it.
Old 2013-12-18, 06:33   Link #628
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
They have to include it for LB to work. There's no reason not to include it.
Winces. I anticipate a horde of "WTF Just happened", and" Deus Ex Machina accusations" and that "the anime should have ended at episode 11 leaving the fates of everyone open ended "in the coming weeks
Old 2013-12-18, 10:12   Link #629
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Winces. I anticipate a horde of "WTF Just happened", and" Deus Ex Machina accusations" and that "the anime should have ended at episode 11 leaving the fates of everyone open ended "in the coming weeks
Yeeeah I'm looking forward to the shitstorm XP
Old 2013-12-18, 15:05   Link #630
Ringil

Quote:
Uh, the game really should have ended at the hospital after Riki and Rin got away.... The other stuff was really quite lame.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:46   Link #631
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Uh, the game really should have ended at the hospital after Riki and Rin got away.... The other stuff was really quite lame.
Yeah, I actually walked away from my laptop and had a fit of laughter after reading just how he overcame his narcolepsy...
Old 2013-12-18, 22:37   Link #632
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post

If that is the case, and Riki's rescue of everyone was unrealistic in the extreme (and actually, it somewhat felt unrealistic, to be honest), then the Little Buster's can't be saved.....

It suggest a troubling prospect - had the Bus Accident not happened, Riki x Rin could never had happened, because that very Summer, Kud would have won by the simple fact that her momentum with Riki is not disrupted by the summer holidays, unlike all of her unfortunate rivals. And not only that, it was accelerated by having to share the same room with Riki for the Summer! That is, if you treat Kud Wafter as a canonical Alternate Universe.

But if the Bus Accident happened, and it is impossible for Riki to rescue anyone, then Riki x Rin would be a rather unhealthy relationship created by tragedy alone. Which I don't think Rin fans want to contemplate - really, the Rescue Best ending was probably the best terms for a Riki x Rin relationship, as was the classroom scene.

It's the rescue that felt very lamely written, IMO. Episode Rin still managed to pull at my heart strings. Episode Riki was par for course. It was the rescue that.... felt weakly written.

Although, if I was to put money on which of the Little Buster's girls regained consciousness first after being dragged out of the bus ( since it's mention that some of them did regained consciousness to aid in the rescue), I'd put it on Anego. Unless, of course, she took the role of Kengo and Masato during the crash combined, and saved at least one, if not two of the Little Buster's girls within reach by absorbing some of the impact.
Old 2013-12-19, 00:40   Link #633
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

As I have mentioned many times before, I hope they do a better focus on the bus crash scene and the actual bus crash happening than the VN. That was the weakest part for me. I had known about the ending for years before I played the game. So when it did happen, this part felt very underwhelming to me.

I want them to show it crashing with some highlights before it happens, like how Kyousuke sneaked on for example. Then they need to show how a crash would actually be after an accident with people screaming in pain and so on. There was really nothing of that. I would really love focus and mention of the actually girls being on the bus and being pulled out. I'm pretty damn sure they weren't even mentioned at all.

I just hope the whole scene is handled better than it was, that is for damn sure.

Quote:
Oh yeah can't wait for that to happen XD I know it will come, unless JC Staff can make it work better. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Yeah, I actually walked away from my laptop and had a fit of laughter after reading just how he overcame his narcolepsy...
I'm not really sure how he really overcame it actually. I didn't quite get that part at all.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:15   Link #634
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
As I have mentioned many times before, I hope they do a better focus on the bus crash scene and the actual bus crash happening than the VN. That was the weakest part for me. I had known about the ending for years before I played the game. So when it did happen, this part felt very underwhelming to me.

I agree with you. The crash scene should have paid more attention to the state of the girls.

There are some ways to improve the Post-crash scene itself too. Since some students actually regained consciousness during the rescue, helping Riki accomplish the goal of saving everyone, they could wake at least a few of the Little Buster's girls in time - I'm also curious to know whether there was an equivalent to Kengo and Masato among the girls , who shielded someone else at the cost of greater injury to herself- Kurugaya is the most likely candidate. That's of course, assuming that the girls all were in the Little Busters, even before the crash, and a variant of the Common Route did take place.

The thing is , it's the girls that gave Rin the push and the determination to aid Riki in the rescue. Hopefully, JC Staff makes intelligent changes with that in mind, else Episode Rin is cheapened, because Rin's first priority is doubtlessly to rescue her female friends. Bluntly speaking, if it's Komari and random person X, she would go for Komari first, that's why Rin's forcing herself to overcome her weakness in the first place, and disprove Riki's assessment of Rin being a liability, which was Riki's initial justification for running away.

I suspect, at least, Komari and Rin had prior history with one another even before the crash - as did Haruka and Kurugaya, even if none of them were in the Little Busters. I wonder whether the crash could be used to shed some of the dynamics between the girls, in the Real World too. And there was a generic "female class mate helped" . My eyebrows raised - we have a good proportion of the girls in Riki's class in the group - if they wanted to do a DEM , they might as well go all the way and wake some of them up.

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-12-19 at 04:24.
Old 2013-12-19, 03:51   Link #635
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

From what I understood, Riki's narcolepsy isn't true narcolepsy but is rather a symbol of his weakness. After he and Rin escape the first time, he creates a world where he can truly cope with the sadness and loss he faces with the death of his parents ("the encounter is more important than the loss" scene). And because of the dynamics of the "fake world time reset" stuff we know with Kyousuke, he reset back to the scene of the crash, this time with his narcolepsy gone.

So yeah, Key magic.
Old 2013-12-19, 09:19   Link #636
novalysis

The only way they can avoid a shitstorm is if they make Episode 12 so tearjerking that everyone would accept a Deus Ex Machina just to get that Happy Ending, and have them agree with Riki with the "It is not enough" choice. Can JC Staff do that? I'm not sure.

I've also come to another realization. I think Maeda was testing the concept of what would happen, if those in his Dream worlds knew they were in the dream, with Saya's route and her multiple "deaths" - I think he got the idea for Angel Beats main source of Comedy, from Saya's route, and how well it was received, and ran away with it by making all his characters go through the same thing for laughs in his next work. Unless Maeda did not write the Saya route, as I am assuming. The more I think of it, the more I realized that the ideas of Clannad when through one mutation with Little Busters, and then another mutation to give us Angel Beats. And not just in Saya's route.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:37   Link #637
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
From what I understood, Riki's narcolepsy isn't true narcolepsy but is rather a symbol of his weakness. After he and Rin escape the first time, he creates a world where he can truly cope with the sadness and loss he faces with the death of his parents ("the encounter is more important than the loss" scene). And because of the dynamics of the "fake world time reset" stuff we know with Kyousuke, he reset back to the scene of the crash, this time with his narcolepsy gone.

So yeah, Key magic.
That is how I thought happened and that he sort of became reborn and then I was like um.....but just left it at that I missed something.
That should have been handled a bit better imo too. i guess we will see what they do. Maybe if they explain it in a certain way, it won't be such a yeah um okay....moment
Old 2013-12-20, 07:00   Link #638
Mcfart

Yeah finishing at the sad end would have been better, since it was more impactful and THE WHOLE GAME was forshadowing that. Tho I still think Komari's wish just left them in another dreamworld...
Old 2013-12-20, 12:27   Link #639
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Why are you guys talking like it's already happened? It airs tonight, and there's every possibility that they'll end the episode on the "Is it enough?". That's what I'm hoping for personally, and looking at the previews on the website, it's looking quite possible.
Old 2013-12-20, 12:58   Link #640
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Why are you guys talking like it's already happened? It airs tonight, and there's every possibility that they'll end the episode on the "Is it enough?". That's what I'm hoping for personally, and looking at the previews on the website, it's looking quite possible.
I actually wonder, looking ahead - will we get additional OVAs based out of the Drama CD, especially the one that happened directly after the final scene in the Little Buster's VN, when the group are leaving for their trip?

Also, I wonder whether JC Staff really will adapt Kud Wafter too, as they claimed quite sometime ago. In-fact, since there's no Kick the Can that's likely going to be animated, I really wonder - are they saving this for a possible Kud Wafter anime, since at least, in the Kud Wafter manga, Kick the Can occurs right at the very start of the Kud Wafter story.

In-fact, since Kick the Can seems to be very popular, I really wonder whether JC Staff deliberately left it out of the main Little Busters anime, so as to lure those who aren't particularly enthused about Kud to at least watch the start of Kud Wafter, if indeed, a version of Kick the Can is animated there.

Spoiler for Kud Wafter Spoilers:
Closed Thread