Old 2006-06-23, 16:01   Link #121
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/ms_ig...episode02.html
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 19:14   Link #122
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
I don't need motion and English to tell what happens there...
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 20:30   Link #123
brightman
Ancient Member

lol... Some nice Ball action there... Something we haven't seen in Gundam since the 1st ep of 08th MS team.

Though was the outcome any surprising? Nope.
Old 2006-06-24, 00:36   Link #124
Nesty

just finished watching the whole vid, awesome stuff. but it makes u wonder what that last "unit" will be when the engineer guy at the end was like "what the hell is that...."

and about the chick, i think she's gonna play a big role in the final ova. i can't wait!
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 00:51   Link #125
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
You gotta love those scenes in war scenarios where both combatants have run out of ammunition and resort to other "barbaric" means
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 06:44   Link #126
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Though was the outcome any surprising? Nope.

Actually it was...

Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 14:18   Link #127
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

Watched ep 2 of apocalypse 0079. Glad to see that they put all those older OVA designs (GM Type C from 0083, Ball K from 08th ms). waiting next episode with excitement.
Huhtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:00   Link #128
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Honestly, I must admit that the episode suprisied me, as, despite the formulamatic way the IGLOO stories are done, they still manage to pull a few punches that caught me off guard. In this case, focusing on the young cadets that Zeon was using during the battle of Aboaqu was a very good idea. This was alluded to in the original Gundam series, but never shown much in direct detail.

Also, they caught me off guard... while I more or less expected her brother to die, for a split second I thought they were actually going to let him off the hook until the Salimis class ships entered the scene.

Overall, another good episode. I can't wait til the final one...
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:38   Link #129
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty
just finished watching the whole vid, awesome stuff. but it makes u wonder what that last "unit" will be when the engineer guy at the end was like "what the hell is that...."
It's the BIG-RANG and you can bet its huge when it has a Bigro as its head.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 16:00   Link #130
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
It's the BIG-RANG and you can bet its huge when it has a Bigro as its head.
that thing looks sweet ^_^

i too thought for a second that the kid would get off the hook but alas, it didn't happen
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 17:12   Link #131
Commander 598
Zeonic

Translation courtesy of Google:

"It appeared in the [a] [baoa] Kuu battlefield as a 忽 way the enormous mobile armor of the fuselage color which designates “red” as keynote. It was built by the MIP corporation to 1 year war mid term to adopt “MA-05 [biguro]” to the unit which forms the core of the [bigu] lung, it constitutes. Furthermore, “Ad” of model number means “Ammunition Depot” (the bullet equipment replenishment factory)."

It makes it's own ammunition?!
Old 2006-06-24, 19:49   Link #132
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Actually it was...

Spoiler:
Bah... I was expecting this exact ending when I read that Monique's brother would be featured in this ep from the website, what, 3, 4 months ago?

I agree that its a good ep... But they really should have at least let a pilot survive an episode in which he is introduced in.
Old 2006-06-24, 20:41   Link #133
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
Translation courtesy of Google:

"It appeared in the [a] [baoa] Kuu battlefield as a 忽 way the enormous mobile armor of the fuselage color which designates “red” as keynote. It was built by the MIP corporation to 1 year war mid term to adopt “MA-05 [biguro]” to the unit which forms the core of the [bigu] lung, it constitutes. Furthermore, “Ad” of model number means “Ammunition Depot” (the bullet equipment replenishment factory)."

It makes it's own ammunition?!
I think it just means it stores a large amount of ammunition to replenish its weaponry.

Though eitherway, that means that thing is one giant bomb. All that ordinance is spells trouble.

Quote:
Bah... I was expecting this exact ending when I read that Monique's brother would be featured in this ep from the website, what, 3, 4 months ago?
THat's always been the trend. It's basically a "Monster of the week" that gets killed.

As someone noted awhile ago, "So...what metal coffin will that guy be dying in?"
Old 2006-06-24, 21:05   Link #134
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Does somebody always have to die with igLoo?
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 21:16   Link #135
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
THat's always been the trend. It's basically a "Monster of the week" that gets killed.

As someone noted awhile ago, "So...what metal coffin will that guy be dying in?"
I know. But the question is, why doesn't it break out of that mold? The good or interesting episodes of a typical "monster of the week" show is typically those that bring someone back, or those that introduce a recurring "monster".
Old 2006-06-24, 23:32   Link #136
Commander 598
Zeonic

Well considering that it is a small series of incidents spread out over the course of a year, it would be hard to break out without turning it into it's own full series.
Old 2006-06-25, 17:21   Link #137
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I know. But the question is, why doesn't it break out of that mold? The good or interesting episodes of a typical "monster of the week" show is typically those that bring someone back, or those that introduce a recurring "monster".
Well it's been turning into Pyrrhic victories (Or in cases like that Serpent cannon). Most of the fights Zeon have won but at the cost of these " monster of the week" guys.

The last episode involves the final battle so I suppose they HAVE to break this pyrrhic trend by having not just the monster losing but Zeon losing.
Old 2006-06-25, 20:31   Link #138
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well it's been turning into Pyrrhic victories (Or in cases like that Serpent cannon). Most of the fights Zeon have won but at the cost of these " monster of the week" guys.
Is that really true though? Ever since Ep 3 of THOYW, Zeon has been on the losing side of the war, and the desperation of their situations have been pretty clear... The fall of Odessa and the Jaburo stuff of last ep were signs that Zeon were losing. So yes, they succeeded in their missions (and losing pilots along the way), but on the whole, Zeon has been losing nevertheless. The fact that they are introducing yet another new mobile weapon next ep seems to indicate that we'll indeed get another one of these "monster-of-the-week" episode (with maybe the Big Rang actually completing its mission before getting blown up), with Zeon's surrender serving to end the Jotunheim's missions.
Old 2006-06-26, 00:14   Link #139
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Is that really true though? Ever since Ep 3 of THOYW, Zeon has been on the losing side of the war, and the desperation of their situations have been pretty clear... The fall of Odessa and the Jaburo stuff of last ep were signs that Zeon were losing. So yes, they succeeded in their missions (and losing pilots along the way), but on the whole, Zeon has been losing nevertheless. The fact that they are introducing yet another new mobile weapon next ep seems to indicate that we'll indeed get another one of these "monster-of-the-week" episode (with maybe the Big Rang actually completing its mission before getting blown up), with Zeon's surrender serving to end the Jotunheim's missions.
Well when I meant Pyrrhic victory for Zeon I was pointing specifically to the situations the Jotuheim crew was thrown under. Maybe I should've rephrased it.
Old 2006-06-26, 05:47   Link #140
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well when I meant Pyrrhic victory for Zeon I was pointing specifically to the situations the Jotuheim crew was thrown under. Maybe I should've rephrased it.
Yeah, I know. But like I said, what's to say that the Big Rang wouldn't have a "Pyrrhic victory" for Zeon too? That doesn't mean that Zeon itself wouldn't lose.

So my point is that they don't "HAVE" to break the trend in the final ep... Though I sure wish they do.