AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-20, 10:54   Link #221
Santah

The hospital song battle was so retarded. Alto had the best dialogue ever:

Ranka Sheryl Ranka Sheryl!!!
Old 2008-07-20, 11:04   Link #222
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santah View Post
The hospital song battle was so retarded. Alto had the best dialogue ever:

Ranka Sheryl Ranka Sheryl!!!
When has the series portrayed him as anything other than a dumbass?
Old 2008-07-20, 14:04   Link #223
The Sandman

The fact that it was, in essence, a recap episode was a bit annoying. The added insight as to what in the heck has been going on, however, was nice. And the duet had damn well better be on one of the soundtrack CDs, because it was amazing.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:37   Link #224
jho

When someone says "moe" deathstar, what exactly does the moe part mean? I notice it referred a lot to Ranka.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:41   Link #225
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
When someone says "moe" deathstar, what exactly does the moe part mean? I notice it referred a lot to Ranka.
Moe is a term referring to the usual stereotypical characters (mostly female) that appear on video games, manga and/or anime. Ie. ones that you probably won't find a counterpart to in real life.

Most of the time, they are the big-eyed, cutesy, innocent types (at least by physical appearance).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:48   Link #226
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Moe is a term referring to the usual stereotypical characters (mostly female) that appear on video games, manga and/or anime. Ie. ones that you probably won't find a counterpart to in real life.

Most of the time, they are the big-eyed, cutesy, innocent types (at least by physical appearance).

- Tak
ahh I understand now...abundant in anime and rare in RL

is that the case for GAR characters too? (abundant in anime but rare in RL?)
Old 2008-07-20, 20:53   Link #227
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
ahh I understand now...abundant in anime and rare in RL

is that the case for GAR characters too? (abundant in anime but rare in RL?)
Yes, because you and I both know that such individuals with attitudes on each end of the spectrum would be few and far in between in real life

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:19   Link #228
Tabris

Yeah, but GAR characters be characters so manly, blah blah blah, also making you gay for them. You get more GAR in real life than you do moe...unfortunately.

Most people miss that last bit out though (about being gay for another guy)
Old 2008-07-21, 01:10   Link #229
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:

its code name for RUN REALLY FAST

ussually some loli style girl whose drawn overly cute

meh, sheryl=better
Old 2008-07-21, 01:30   Link #230
ReddyRedWolf

I'm starting to see parallels in this ep as sides are made.

Densha Otoko (Richard Bilrer) VS 4chan Anonymous (Grace O'Connor + Galaxy Anonymous)

Ouji-sama (Brera Stern) VS Hime-sama (Saotome Alto)
Old 2008-07-21, 04:41   Link #231
dee32

For a recap ep. this was a really good one. Way better than the ones from GS and GSD, that I've seen.

Though I'm trying to figure out how Grace made Sheryl sick this time or is it that Sheryl hasn't full recovered from when Grace made her sick the last time. So Sheryl has been trashed by Grace. I'd like to see how Sheryl reacts when she finds out Grace is now Ranka's manager.

I see Grace planning some kind of hit on Sheryl next week. I see Sheryl joining SMS because she basically has no where else to go. She'd be alot safer on the Quarter than any where else on Frontier. She could the sound force for Skull squadron. I wonder when will they replace her lost earring? I see her pilot a purple VF-25.

I'm glad Alto got promoted to 2Lt. If Michael and Alto are 2Lt., what is Luca? I mean no one has ever mention his rank before. Is Alto being groomed to lead Skull squadron when Ozma dies or would Canaria take over since she has a higher rank than Alto. Another right now whose second in command of the squadron now Michael or Canaria?

Will Ozma recognize Brera?
Old 2008-07-21, 05:06   Link #232
Wesley84

Why'd they promote Alto? Does this mean he'll get a couple of underlings he can order around?
Old 2008-07-21, 05:07   Link #233
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Glorified recap. Hated pretty much everything except the end where Pillard was playing with his 1/2 scale town. Feels like I'm watching Gundam OO all over again...
It could be worst, you could be watching Gundam SEED again with its 3 recap episodes and Destiny's what 4.
Old 2008-07-21, 05:09   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why'd they promote Alto? Does this mean he'll get a couple of underlings he can order around?
General heroism, I guess. He saved two songstresses in one battle. It's vaguely possible he now outranks Luca. I don't remember about Michel.
Old 2008-07-21, 05:54   Link #235
ReddyRedWolf

That and Mr. Bilrer has a plan.

In MW somebody said that Bilrer and Galaxy are playing a game of chess.

Brera Stern is Galaxy's knight piece, their ace.

For Bilrer his knight piece is Alto Saotome, his trump card.

Not only is Brera's VF rival but Alto has the key to the hearts of both Q1 and Fairy 9.
Old 2008-07-21, 06:29   Link #236
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I see Grace planning some kind of hit on Sheryl next week. I see Sheryl joining SMS because she basically has no where else to go. She'd be alot safer on the Quarter than any where else on Frontier. She could the sound force for Skull squadron. I wonder when will they replace her lost earring? I see her pilot a purple VF-25.
You know I don't think she will be piloting anything any time soon. She will have to have many many more hours of training and flying before they let her in a cockpit again. If you didn't notice, she didn't exactly fly Michael's VF very well.

Quote:
I'm glad Alto got promoted to 2Lt. If Michael and Alto are 2Lt., what is Luca? I mean no one has ever mention his rank before. Is Alto being groomed to lead Skull squadron when Ozma dies or would Canaria take over since she has a higher rank than Alto. Another right now whose second in command of the squadron now Michael or Canaria?
I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.

Quote:
Will Ozma recognize Brera?
Good question. I don't think so but we'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That and Mr. Bilrer has a plan.

In MW somebody said that Bilrer and Galaxy are playing a game of chess.

Brera Stern is Galaxy's knight piece, their ace.

For Bilrer his knight piece is Alto Saotome, his trump card.

Not only is Brera's VF rival but Alto has the key to the hearts of both Q1 and Fairy 9.
This makes a lot of sense since we know that Bilrer is probably much more knowledgeable about what is going on behind the scenes than we realize. I don't know at what point he figured out the Galaxy was involved but I pretty certain he does. He probably also knows that Ranka is special and holds powers over Varja more than simply Deculture. Not sure if he knows her designation as Q1 but you never know. Grace can't be the only operative moving about.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:37   Link #237
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.
I can see promoting Klan to Major and making her CAG. Then promoting Alto to Capt. or 1stLt. and making him Skull Leader. I hope Cathy joins SMS, I'd make her first officer and promoted her to Capt.

Pixie Squadron
Pixie 1 Major Klan Klan - Pixie Leader and CAG
Pixie 2 Nene Rora
Pixie 3 Raramia Rerenia replacement

Skull Squadron
Skull 1 Capt. or 1stLt. Alto Saotome - Skull Leader
Skull 2 1stLt. Michael Blanc
Skull 3 2ndLt. Luca Angeloni
Skull 4 WO Sheryl Nome
Rabbit 1 Capt. Canaria Berstein
Old 2008-07-21, 07:56   Link #238
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Cathy hasn't exactly shone as an officer, so far, though.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:59   Link #239
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Cathy hasn't exactly shone as an officer, so far, though.
Well, she had a rather cold receival from Bobby and was very cautious, because her orders were that Frontier should occupy an observers role in the battle, but otherwise she did her job like the other bridge bunnies.

It has been shown repeatedly that already she has integrated quite well with the bridge crew, chatting over Alto, Ozma and Bobby and Monicas feelings about the captain.
Old 2008-07-21, 08:07   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, she was OK, though her culture (obedience, prudence) clashes a bit with SMS's on occasion. But she didn't show the kind of brilliance that'd justify her being promoted over everybody's head. She's just another bridge bunny, who's not even relied on for advice, at that.
Closed Thread