AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 38 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 33.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 12.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-16, 10:11   Link #81
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't understand why Battler hasn't done anything about the kid's strange behaviour. Otherwise I'm starting to like this anime more and more.
Old 2009-07-16, 10:23   Link #82
Coruja

Nighteyes is an awesome track, but wouldn't work for the anime, in my opinion.
That being said, this was the best episode yet, I really liked it. If not for some minor issues, it would have been almost perfect (for an anime adaptation, obviously).
Old 2009-07-16, 10:28   Link #83
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Actually a pretty good episode, much better than the last two. Cuts are minor and within reasonable limits. I actually quite enjoyed Maria's "crazy face"

The stake design...is that Natsumi Kei version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
Eheheh, I'm apparently alone, but I liked most of Maria's expressions in this episode. I just thought they were cool looking. Also, I swear one of her expressions used this episode was one that was in the manga. So that was pretty cool.

Um, besides that, Battler had some great "I AM A BADASS" facial expressions this episode. *swooons~*

Also, while I like the tune Nighteyes, in the anime, I don't think it would of really fit in that scene. It's a bit overpowering in THAT particular spot. (I can see it being used well later though.)

Ahahaha, I noticed that she had the Death Note vibe going for a bit at that point too XD .
I add myself to the list of people who actually enjoyed Maria's facial expressions. I particularly loved the part when Hideyoshi asks her about the magic cirlce. Maria changes expression thrice in a row, I loved that!
I do think that in some cases they are exagerrated, and I wish they would try to still keep her cuteness which not always happens, but overall I'm positively impressed.

I really enjoyed this episode, even though I admit my pleasure came mostly from seeing animated a novel that I really love, even so this episode included many awesome things. I can't say that Deen is doing an awesome job, there are many many defects on the animation on certain choices are odd, but that's Deen I wouldn't expect anything different (sigh, me wishes IG did it, but even JC would be better).

Anyway it's the story the thing that really matter. Battler jumping in the servant conversation was pure awesomeness. And Maria challenging Battler's certainty was also a pleasure to see. I'm talking in particular about Battler looking behind himself, even though the VN implied that, seeing it has a completely different flavor and that's why I'm glad this anime exists.

Another great thing was the scene in the parlor when Battler and the cousins start talking about the murders, and then little by little the adults join the conversation until everyone including the servants are all gathered around them. This is yet another thing the Novel couldn't perfectly convey, seeing this whole scene was great.

I lol'ed at the dynamic reconstruction of the events described by Battler, Kinzo hiding under the bed was funny. Yeah the idea was really funny since the beginning, but yet again, seeing it has a completely different flavor.

This episode brought up the two things that I really love about this series:

The clash between rational thinking (magic can't possibly exist) and fantasy thinking (magic exists, else how can you explain it?) and Battler's battle of (twisted) logic with chessboard thinking who can turn over practically every theory upside down.

Oh and then the music! I just wish the volume was higher, if I didn't know these bgm already I probably wouldn't notice them >_<

Old 2009-07-16, 11:00   Link #84
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Agreed on Maria's expressions, I liked them. Sure, they're crazy, but in the VN it was stated that Maria was like a completely different person, and this seems to fit the bill. The whole thing is supposed to be really weird, and if they'd kept it low-key, that would have been a real shame.
Old 2009-07-16, 11:16   Link #85
MikaMikado

Watching this I realized how awesome a Phoenix Wright anime would be. I loved when Battles drew the phoenix each time, (against Maria and Eva).
Old 2009-07-16, 11:35   Link #86
Marion
The Great Dine

I think nighteyes wouldn't have worked only because the entire part of Natsuhi raising the gun is cut up and goes straight to Battler. It's almost funny because no one even seems to care that she's pointing a gun at Eva, except for like a couple still shots of the servants and Hideyoshi. It's like they're more afraid of the actual gun than of Natsuhi pointing it at Eva.

Spoiler for 1-3 spoiler:

But some music would be nice, if that part was a bit longer.
Old 2009-07-16, 13:04   Link #87
ameskitty
Kupo

Quick rant/review:

Spoiler for Ep 1-3:

I'm expecting tons out of the next episode .
Old 2009-07-16, 13:38   Link #88
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Wow, I love ep 3. Definitely the best episode yet. I love how almost the entire episode focuses on the characters trying to solve the murders themselves. It makes me thinking alongside the characters.
Battler is also proving to be a great main character. He seems fearless, collected, and intelligent despite the creepy behaviors of the servants and Maria.
The only con that I have is how predictable the next 2 victims are based on the epitaph. I was thinking it's too obvious to be Eva and Hideyoshi and there'll be a twist, but I guess not.
Overall, love it. It's been so long since I watch a series where I can't wait to see what will happen next episode
Old 2009-07-16, 13:47   Link #89
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah yeah, but that was easy, they were the only couple left alive. Now if you get who will be the very next victim, that would be pretty outstanding :3

Old 2009-07-16, 14:01   Link #90
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I liked the episode...but how come NO ONE in the anime is reacting to maria talk like that? And her little weird "KI HI HI HIH IHIH AHAHAHA" 's and her weird facial expressions. Plus the fact that she speaks differently now...no one is gonna point that out?
Old 2009-07-16, 14:09   Link #91
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I liked the episode...but how come NO ONE in the anime is reacting to maria talk like that? And her little weird "KI HI HI HIH IHIH AHAHAHA" 's and her weird facial expressions. Plus the fact that she speaks differently now...no one is gonna point that out?
Battler tends to lightly smack her in the head whenever she does the whole "KIHIHIHI" thing to shut her up. Your second point should come up in the next few episodes.
Old 2009-07-16, 14:17   Link #92
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually it should have happened already. The anime skipped it. Battler and the cousins discuss about Maria strange double personality soon after the little discussion in kitchen with the servants.

Old 2009-07-16, 14:36   Link #93
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

I thought this episode moved pretty fast...but I still enjoyed it. Maria's facial shots with the "Kihihi" got seriously annoying, though.
Also am I the only who....

Spoiler for just being careful:
Old 2009-07-16, 14:45   Link #94
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Battler tends to lightly smack her in the head whenever she does the whole "KIHIHIHI" thing to shut her up. Your second point should come up in the next few episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Actually it should have happened already. The anime skipped it. Battler and the cousins discuss about Maria strange double personality soon after the little discussion in kitchen with the servants.
Thanks. Though, as a non-game novel reader or w/e, i find it extremely weird that they haven't mentioned it. It just doesn't seem to fit you know?
Old 2009-07-16, 14:55   Link #95
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

there isn't anything extremely important in that discussion. To sum it up, everyone agrees that Maria's behaviour is odd, however they explain it by saying it's somehow natural for a child of her age to play the part of an outstanding figure, which in the case of Maria is a witch.
Then Battler goes on remembering how he pretended to be a member of the earth self defense force and Jessica told them that when she was that age she tried to learn things noone know and do things noone else did to become popular. It is also said that Rosa knew this odd behavior and that to her was as problematic as the "uu uu".

Old 2009-07-16, 15:16   Link #96
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hi Jan Poo, thanks for replying. But you might want to delete that part, as it technically is a novel "spoiler" right? And i don't think it's allowed to be posted here, even under a spoiler tag??

Thanks though, i'll +rep you for the info however. But before you get in trouble you might want to remove it
Old 2009-07-16, 15:22   Link #97
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I think there is a sort of debate about the possibility to tell things that a Novel reader at the same point of the story would already know. Generally speaking I think this should be dealt on a case by case manner. This particular thing I said doesn't seem to be really important to me and the Novel Reader at this point of the story already knew it.

Anyway Klash is reading the forum right now, if it is unacceptable I trust he would delete it ^^;

Old 2009-07-16, 16:10   Link #98
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

mh liked the episode, watched it just now <3 poor Eva, but when she sat there with Hideyoshi, I thought they'd be next, and it serves her right for treating Natsuhi like that, after all. still I liked her a lot =/
Old 2009-07-16, 16:31   Link #99
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko View Post
mh liked the episode, watched it just now <3 poor Eva, but when she sat there with Hideyoshi, I thought they'd be next, and it serves her right for treating Natsuhi like that, after all. still I liked her a lot =/
I agree, she was much cuter when she was talking with hideyoshi. But the way they sat together and how it panned outside their window...i knew it was them next...*sigh*
Old 2009-07-16, 16:41   Link #100
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

damn but really, if one hates her all the way to this episode, but when they are together it's like soo cute ;_; wonder who's next though... there are some friends always wanting to spoiler me, but I won't let them.

Is it just me or is it much less cruel than Higurashi? maybe I'm just used to it now...

Maria sorta annoys me a lot sometimes, but she's cute anyway. and from this episode on, I really like Battler, he sure is SO Phoenix Wright x3 cute one..

can't wait for next week.
Closed Thread