AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-09-16, 18:27   Link #2081
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
When they were solving the epitaph they figured out that instead of literally "killing" the sacrifices chosen by the key it meant to eliminate certain characters.
Lol i was talking about the red truths not the epitaph, that's a completely different matter

@Dlanor

Spoiler for ep5:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 19:08   Link #2082
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

damn it...there goes my theory eh heh well I guess I'll put this epitaph to rest for another time.
Old 2009-09-16, 19:32   Link #2083
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Why not? your hunches are correct imho, the problem is you still need to solve the riddle regardless of that °°

Old 2009-09-16, 20:49   Link #2084
luckyssol

Spoiler for Epitaph theory:
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 21:05   Link #2085
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode5:

Old 2009-09-16, 22:01   Link #2086
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for episode5:
Spoiler for Response to first part:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode5:
Spoiler for Response to second part:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode5:
Spoiler for Response to third part:

Anyway, besides the true intention behind the epitaph what comments do you have regarding the method I thought of for solving it?
Old 2009-09-16, 22:28   Link #2087
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for Episode5:

Quote:
Anyway, besides the true intention behind the epitaph what comments do you have regarding the method I thought of for solving it?
The idea that maybe the 6 sacrificies aren't letters to be eliminated isn't bad. I've thought something different though. I have imagined that that "raise" meant you need to move the selected letters to an upper row where the solution of the riddle will form. However the hints in ep5 makes me think that this isn't the right path.

As for the rest I've never been a fan of the "name" theory nor a fan of the "kanji" theory. There's been a lot of theories that revolve around the people names, but I always thought this isn't the right path. More than saying that both ep3 and ep5 never mention this as a possible solution and that Maria wasn't even supposed to be named Maria I don't know what kind of other argument I should bring up for this. Of course your idea that the way Eva and Rosa used to solve the riddle is the wrong one, and there is another one to solve it opens up a whole different dimension, but I already said why I think this is unlikely

In conclusion even if this second method exists, I'd rather use my brain to try and solve the riddle in the way that I'm sure exists, rather than in a way whose existence isn't even certain. Which doesn't mean you aren't entitled to speculate on that, it's just that I personally won't.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-09-16 at 22:49.
Old 2009-09-16, 22:51   Link #2088
luckyssol

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode5:
Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2009-09-16, 22:58   Link #2089
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Spoiler for Ep5:
Kamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 22:59   Link #2090
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode5:

Old 2009-09-17, 05:23   Link #2091
Leinne
Who... am I?

Has anyone thought that the treasures that are dispalyed are really to put the pieces again where they were before. I mean, the resurrection of all dead can mean retrieving all the lost characters andthe resurrection of lost love is the complete opposite to the 2nd, tear apart those who are close, then it menas make them one again. Just a thought, I have theries for murders, but for the epitaph it's another thing. Still, I noticed that all nights (twilights) with the excepstion of the second are six syllables in Japanese. Fasuto naito, zarudo naito... Still just random thoughts
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 07:05   Link #2092
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I dunno about that last bit

as you can see here

The katakana transliteration is actually more like this:

FAASUTO
SEKANDO
SAADO
FOOSU
FIFUSU
SHIKUSUSU
SEVUNSU
EITUSU
NAINSU
TENSU

Old 2009-09-17, 19:16   Link #2093
Qilin
Romanticist

Something really bothers me about Virgilia.
In EP3, she is shown to be an ally of Battler with an air of benevolence. By the end of EP3 until all throughout EP4, she turns out to be a villain, a very obvious villain (though mostly played for laughs in EP4).

My question: Given her 180 degree turn in character, is the profile of her listed in the TIPS even accurate?

She "devoted her life to the smiles and happiness of many people". I don't see how her villainous portrayal fits with such a description... Even if she changed somehow during her last thousand years, I just can't imagine how someone as benevolent as her could transform into someone as cruel as Beatrice.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 19:36   Link #2094
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Are you sure she's cruel? Virgilia is simply on Beatrice's side. Although she doesn't really like the methods her disciple uses, she understands what she's trying to do, and she helps her at the best of her possibilities. And being on Beatrice's side, doesn't necessarily mean that she's Battler's enemy.

Old 2009-09-17, 20:11   Link #2095
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Are you sure she's cruel? Virgilia is simply on Beatrice's side. Although she doesn't really like the methods her disciple uses, she understands what she's trying to do, and she helps her at the best of her possibilities. And being on Beatrice's side, doesn't necessarily mean that she's Battler's enemy.
Fine. I'm not so sure is she's really cruel or not, but the EP4 depicts her as a stereotypical villain. Her sinister looking sprite reinforces that notion as well. What exactly is her disciple trying to do then? Killing a group of people endlessly for enjoyment? That sounds pretty much like the opposite of the "smiles and happiness of people".

I haven't read EP5 yet, but that's what I gather so far.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 20:34   Link #2096
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well she does comfort the siestas, and she does play the villain there. But the scene where she actually kill someone is the same scene where Krauss defeats a goat with a single punch after bringing is power over nine thousand!!!! In other words does that really happen? Or is Virgilia just playing the role as part of Beatrice's plan?

Old 2009-09-17, 20:42   Link #2097
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Well she does comfort the siestas, and she does play the villain there. But the scene where she actually kill someone is the same scene where Krauss defeats a goat with a single punch after bringing is power over nine thousand!!!! In other words does that really happen? Or is Virgilia just playing the role as part of Beatrice's plan?
I've wondered the same thing. I mean, there's no way a witch who can almost beat Beato and make such a strong impression be degraded so much that she can't even handle a few humans even WITH minions.

I think she was just acting. After EP3, it's not hard to believe that she'd be a good actress either.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:15   Link #2098
Key Board
Carbon

At this point I'm certain the following is not the master mind:

Battler, at least, Battler as we know him
Krauss. Too damn inept to plan anything. Might be an accomplice, though
Natsuhi. Delusional, but not master mind material. Might be an accomplice
Maria. Too young
Kumasawa. Too old
Eva. The was most likely an accomplice during one of the games, but she's not the master mind. The episode 3 ending happened because an argument broke out between her and the master mind. ( Hideyoshi was killed among other things )
Hideyoshi. See above
Ange. Obviously... she's more a victim
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:18   Link #2099
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, you can always assume that there is more than one group of conspirators. Or a scenario similar to Agatha Cristie's Orient Express. Ad infinitum.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:50   Link #2100
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
At this point I'm certain the following is not the master mind:

Battler, at least, Battler as we know him
Krauss. Too damn inept to plan anything. Might be an accomplice, though
Natsuhi. Delusional, but not master mind material. Might be an accomplice
Maria. Too young
Kumasawa. Too old
Eva. The was most likely an accomplice during one of the games, but she's not the master mind. The episode 3 ending happened because an argument broke out between her and the master mind. ( Hideyoshi was killed among other things )
Hideyoshi. See above
Ange. Obviously... she's more a victim
I agree with all these and I especially agree with not having Kinzo on this list.

I want to know exactly who it was that everyone recognized as Kinzo in episode 4. I hope episode 6 gives us more details.