Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-11, 23:26   Link #521
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Music has always been a crucial part of the duo that is Eila and Sanya. Sanya's piano most especially, which is what made the ending to this episode especially powerful. The first season character song, "Sweet Duet", back with a new arrangement to guide them along. Beautiful scene at the end. The second season focused a little more on Eila's role in the relationship, which is a nice example of how though things are much the same this season, they're also somewhat different, too.
There was the big question a few clicks back about watching this series, and I'll say it's about this-^. The character interaction between each other and the ties of friendship are one of the best things about this series, and for me, I sure enjoyed it. Especially with this weird week I'm having, I needed something pleasant for a change and this episode gave it to me. I really liked that we finally got more Eila-chan, and Perrine-chan... haha she needs an episode to herself badly.

I'll admit I got a bit of a laugh when I saw Eila's and Sanya's wardrobe, stocking up on spare clothes seems to be the lesson learned from season 1's episode 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
A freaking orbital elevator grade neroi! Now that's really pushing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
hmm, finally some weird/different neuroi than usual... but still, this is not witches-in-a-pinch yet.
You know, this guy is probably the biggest yet, and still no regenerating. What's the matter, not enough air up there?

Quote:
a certain M-guy should be really happy by now, 'cause we got some nice Minna shot.... and next ep should be pure bath-fanservice for her!
M-guy? Who is this M-guy you speak of??!? Answer me! I will have his head on a silver platter! *seppuku's self*

Oh, that guy

Quote:
anyway, awesome ep, but not so awesome censors... that's some weird moonlight... rotfl
Let's face it, bud. That moon be a pervert, stealing all the views from us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
I guess Sanya and Eila are (almost) officially lesbian couple now.
Pfft, they've always been the couples in this series are just as plain as day like the Miyafuji x Lynne, Perrine x Mio, Minna x mangatron, Erica x Trudy, Lucchini x Shirley, etc. wait, is mine the only male x female relationship in this series? The rest of these girls need some love! I hereby nominate myself as the new male protagonist of the 501st

Quote:
And yay to the preview of the next episode! My prediction come true, episode 7 gonna be a PANTIE-LESS GALORE!! And above all, there is a high possibility of Minna in PANTIE-LESS mode! Oh shit, I got nosebleed just from imagining it. Oh right, give me PANTIE-LESS Sakamoto too.
Haha, everyone predicted that. It is the eventuality of the inevitable continuity, where the inexorable probability of our desire for a continuation of previous events of old, where history was bound to repeat itself in a fashion of wanton satisfaction to our delectable expectations of delight and pleasure.
I know I lost my head there lol
In short, we're getting what we wanted And hands off my Minna-chan! You are not allowed to even dream of her, heck I'll be sure to telepathically invade anyone's dreams of my Minna-chan and replace it with some... some... Micchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz
Episode 6 was awesome, I'd honestly never noticed that Eila hadn't used a shield before, finding out that she could see into the future was pretty awesome!

The ending was great too. ^_^
I think they mentioned her ability in season 1, but I didn't know she never used her shield before. Ah.... I wonder if she's my kind of girl, I sure would like to clash predictions with her

And I'll admit, honestly, I really thought they'd kiss at the end. Now, that's not the pervert in me speaking, that was my scientific conclusion to the deduction of their feelings towards each other. Honest!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 00:24   Link #522
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Pfft, they've always been the couples in this series are just as plain as day like the Miyafuji x Lynne, Perrine x Mio, Minna x mangatron, Erica x Trudy, Lucchini x Shirley, etc. wait, is mine the only male x female relationship in this series? The rest of these girls need some love! I hereby nominate myself as the new male protagonist of the 501st
So you're Minna's former lover who was killed by Neuroi in the city attack. I see, so you're already dead...may your soul rest in peace.

...joking okay?

Quote:
Haha, everyone predicted that. It is the eventuality of the inevitable continuity, where the inexorable probability of our desire for a continuation of previous events of old, where history was bound to repeat itself in a fashion of wanton satisfaction to our delectable expectations of delight and pleasure.
I know I lost my head there lol
In short, we're getting what we wanted And hands off my Minna-chan! You are not allowed to even dream of her, heck I'll be sure to telepathically invade anyone's dreams of my Minna-chan and replace it with some... some... Micchan
Bring it on. I dare you to try to telepathically invade over a million dreams when the next episode start.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 00:38   Link #523
mangatron

Quote:
So you're Minna's former lover who was killed by Neuroi in the city attack. I see, so you're already dead...may your soul rest in peace.

...joking okay?
Actually I'm the off-screen officer giving her her marching orders.

What, you didn't think that base manages itself, did you? Someone's got to pay the lighting bill

Quote:
Bring it on. I dare you to try to telepathically invade over a million dreams when the next episode start.
Ha, there would be too much of the other girls for anyone to dream dreams of the dream of dreams of my Minna-chan. Now that I got reinforced with an HTC HD2, a stupid iPhone 3G, a temporary laptop and having pilfered my PSP back from my brother, there will be no room left in a photo to enforce my Minna-device love

Speaking of lessons learned from season 1 ep07, seems like Perrine-chan now keeps her glasses off in steamy areas
Old 2010-08-12, 04:40   Link #524
Lesca

Episode 6 was nice, I liked the song played, guess Eila and Sanya have their own theme tune now?
Found it a little odd how they was explaining Sanya's gun and night trips to Yoshika though. Would have thought after the first season she'd have known all that, but maybe that's just me
Old 2010-08-12, 04:41   Link #525
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd say it's the best episode of Strike Witches so far , though i have such a soft spot for this pair.
Old 2010-08-12, 05:07   Link #526
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

(Kidnaps Lynette-chan)

I'm Taking Her Home With Me!! (Runs off Higurashi style).
Old 2010-08-12, 08:35   Link #527
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
guess Eila and Sanya have their own theme tune now?
That song's been around for a long time. It's "Sweet Duet", from the first season batch of character songs. This was a new arrangement of it. It is a sweet song, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 09:01   Link #528
SanyaChan

after watching episode 6 i could nearly feel tears rolling down ;___; that episode will forever be engraved in me!
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 09:02   Link #529
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

The way they took off from their base somehow reminded me of a Super Sentai move.

So that's why the girls wear the same stuff everyday..

Eila/Sanya's cab reminded also reminded me of Dexter's Wardrobe in Dexter's Lab.. (boy I'm so old school) Oh well, It's supposed to be uniforms anyway so la..

Both of them seem to float already up there.. almost Zero air resistance or Eila and Sanya were flying very fast.. It seemed more like being in the Thermosphere already where things can go orbital..

But I'm pretty clueless about the Earth's atmosphere layers so I'm most likely wrong la~
Old 2010-08-12, 09:15   Link #530
SanyaChan

Quote:
hoho then will the same fate happen to u as the guy with minna ? XD
and i forget to add i was kinda blaming on miyafuji for spoiling their friendship even though she didnt do anything lol >_>( no offense) and i shall rewatch it again and again! sanya screens made my heart skip a beat >_>
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 09:29   Link #531
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Fox View Post
Aww, don't hate on Belgica. Then again I am a bit biased because I've lived in Belgium for a couple of years. Bwahaha! Belgium rules! They are the true inventors of the 'French fry'!

On another note, what I really wanna see in the anime are two things: ground-based Neuroi, and non-witches actually doing something to the Neuroi instead of just scratching its paintjob a tiny bit... I mean, I know they suck against them, but an entire fleet of battleships should at least be able to take out one Neuroi.
D..D... Damn you Belgium..... sniff, but anyway putting the GRUDGES aside. Seeing how LOWWWWW standard the production quality this season of SW has become (I'ma staring at you AIC) I hardly think they would actually try and create ground types since nearly all of them have multiple legs that move unless they create some sort of hovercraft but I don't think they where used back in the day. And well yeah unless they have some sort Engine which creates artificial magic I think those normal humans are like doomed to fail. But they did manage to destroy the bottom part of that neuroi this episode.

Quote:
Watched episode 6. Glad to see that Neuroi are starting give trouble to the witch. A 33,333 feet flying pillar Neuroi, now that's what I call alien technology. Just once, I would like to see the witches fighting a desperate or losing battle. Also, nice song at the end there. I guess Sanya and Eila are (almost) officially lesbian couple now.

And yay to the preview of the next episode! My prediction come true, episode 7 gonna be a PANTIE-LESS GALORE!! And above all, there is a high possibility of Minna in PANTIE-LESS mode! Oh shit, I got nosebleed just from imagining it. Oh right, give me PANTIE-LESS Sakamoto too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
That episode went by really, really fast. The scene with Sanya and Eila up in the stratosphere reminded me a tad bit of the last episode of Busou Renkin. The music worked well, especially because they said that there wouldn't be any noise up there.

And by the look the preview, it seems that next week is another episode 7.
Doesn't ANYBODY think it's Rather Cliché that it is Exactly 33.333 METERS high and not only that but that they have equipment in that Time to precisely measure that ting up. And not only that they said there is no Noise up there... Excuse me but being in the stratosphere only means that the air is just a little ail but that doesn't mean there ain't no air and air equals sound right!! or am I wrong.

And I just think they used that as an excuse to use a couple song, which was really nice especially how they synced the images with the song lyrics, as a way to avoid having to go to the trouble to input sound effects in the background while the duet is being sung. And I'm not even gonna begin talking about the fiasco at the beginning where Mio said she was gonna check out the neuroi tower (of Druaga) then suddenly in the next scene the tower was INFRONT of the mountain instead of behind it like Quality control anybody... AIC Quailty Control anybody.
And I'm not even gonna begin about the OVERKILL of 3-D models they used again for this episode.

But ALLL of that aside the episode was pretty fun the setup was great and the little get together between Hartmann and Litvyak. And dammit what did Eila say to Sanya the first time was was it "Love you" or " I'm Sorry" and Why!? didn't they go kissy kissy Yuri style DAMMIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Is there possible punishment for those two (Elia, Miyafuji) for violating the direct orders?
I think there punishment is more like confinement to your room for a couple of days, and yeah with Eila is confined to her room I bet we won't be seeing Sanya either for the same period that Eila is confined. And another thing why was there a to be continued in that last panel, that completly baffeled my mind there wasn't even a to be continued in season 1 where Minna flipped a freaking gun out of nowhere and pointed it at Mio. What is there to be continued .... hot lesbian XXX scenes .... is that what's going to happen in the to be continued... what WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO CONTINUE !!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Armor vehicle based Striker Units seem shorter than aircraft based ones.

I'm thinking the tank leg units are almost the same length as with girls' legs.
It would be just impossible for the tank threads to slide up and down the leg units.
Unless it cuts through the witch's legs knees and ankles..

What I'm saying that is likely to be official is the fact, Tank Witches DO skid along the ground... unless they run ^
Yeah I kinda Guessed it would be like that, since some of the more radical Tank Witch designs from Fumikane have rather impressive feet designs that really can't rotate backwards. And for the knee and ankle parts..... Magic ???? I don't know >.>

And I was thinking that in season 2 is more of a resemblance to Adriatic Campaign which was a smaller part of the Battle for Italy. Because it used more Naval and Air missions and is more located in the northern of Italy just like in the Second Season.

And since the second season is really following the 1st season like trail of breadcrumbs I'ma hoping that just like in season 1 then in Ep9 there is going to be the Return of NEUROI-GIRL yeaaaaah I really hope they bring her back. But not as an enemy but as an ally where suddenly as a plot twist like in season 1 there is some Neuroi civil war or something and they end up being forced to join together with neuroi -girl because they are over run by like 3 moving core large neuroi types at the same time or something and neuroi-girl saves the day..... or something

Hellz yeah go Neuroi Girl..... oh and I want to see somebody shot down again :3

Last edited by Blue-Ultimate; 2010-08-12 at 10:28. Reason: Spelling check :p
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:11   Link #532
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
I don't have a lot to say about your post, but just FYI, you can't hotlink images from Danbooru. Mirror them on PhotoBucket or something.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:10   Link #533
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

@Blue-Ultimate: I've been wondering what that Soviet Tank Girl represents..

What unit is she supposed to be? Some sort of Russian Equivalent to the German Elephant tank?
Old 2010-08-12, 11:32   Link #534
Bluejay
Paintballer/Drummer/Nerd

Quote:

What unit is she supposed to be? Some sort of Russian Equivalent to the German Elephant tank?
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an IS-1/2/3 or something along those lines.

And speaking of those extra uniforms that Sanya and Eila had in their closet... Why then, did they have episode 7 last season? I dont know about the other girls who lost their panties, but Eila and Sanya had their leggings stolen, and those can be seen in the closet rather clearly... Oh well, I guess they HAD to animate episode 7 some time :P.
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 12:53   Link #535
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
hoho then will the same fate happen to u as the guy with minna ? XD
Heh, that guy was a loser. "Oh, I'll wait where the battlefield is, seems to be a lot safer" pfft yeah right. Me, I'd take her away from war and all that and set up house in the mountains or something, she gets preggy, and-.....

Oh wait that was another series....

So uh, I guess we can take it from this episode that Lucchini prefers a noisy environment. From this it can probably be said there are certain sounds she does not like. Hmm... lol Shirley seems to like playing dress up with Lucchini

And I'm glad they covered the area about how do they breathe up there. I had always thought that Jet Striker episode was nigh impossible to breathe at such speeds
Old 2010-08-12, 13:37   Link #536
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:

Well looking at the the 4 tank treads which is very rare and quiet unique I'd have to say it's a Super heavy tank or more precisely the Obyekt_279 But this Tank was unfortunately created in 1959 so no Strike Witches cameo Sob. And most personally I think what makes this one so sexy super heavy tank is the night vision search light on that thing, that's probably why she would need the mask for for extra protection and night vision awesomeness.

But I'm trying to figure out how Fumikane is Designing all the Tank strikers because when you look at the Aerial strikers you can clearly see that it's just a plane but only with the propellers at the tail instead of the front, which makes it not that hard to turn an RL plane into a striker.
But I really would like to know how he decide s to design all these tank strikers.
Because all I can see in his designs are that the treads are the lower legs,
the Front of the Tank is the upper legs,
the overall shape of the body is designed into the feet.
and the extra hooks and cable and light of the tanks are either attached to the torso as back pack equipment and such,
and well yea the canon for the weapon of course.

But if I look at the Tiger Tank, It's completely different it has platform to rest your arms on the Treads are on the side and it has a arc to support the Canon. Does anybody have any idea how he might do these things.
Because the Matilda II was a Heavy tank class and it is the standard leg design, but when you look at the Tiger from the SW Africa manga's it suddenly turned into a mecha walker. The Matilda II was probably the lightest of the Heavy tanks but still it is a heavy tank class.... continuity

(by the way does anybody know what Tank Striker the 3d image, the brown one, is because I can't find any to match it)

Still trying to find out how he classifies the real life ones with the designs he makes.
Also these

THE CRUSADER

the Type 95 Ha-Go

(AND look at those LEGS how the hell will the squish their feet into that??)

These 2 are based on Light tanks classes or for the crusader the cruiser class which is practically the same. Does anybody know why the Tiger Striker Design and the Matilda II Striker designs are so different while they have the same Class. I know each country has a a different classification for their own Tank units but I only know the General classification so anybody else who knows a little but more about that subject.
Did the Tiger tank have a class of it's own ???? anybody????
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:58   Link #537
Qikz

This may sound silly, but what are those tank girl designs for? I'm pretty sure they've never appeared in Strike Witches anyway, just interested because those designs are pretty cool!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 15:39   Link #539
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely my favourite episode so far. Probably since I like Eila and Sanya the most anyways. Nothing like settling a discussion while pretty much in space . Nice job with using that song and overall was a nice moment up there. Pretty much knew about Eila's ability, but hadn't actually thought about her never using a shield.
Old 2010-08-12, 15:51   Link #540
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
(by the way does anybody know what Tank Striker the 3d image, the brown one, is because I can't find any to match it)
It's an Assault Gun Sturmgeschütz III http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmgeschutz
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume