AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 11:18   Link #81
FireChick

Okay, I seriously LOVE that ED theme song!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:07   Link #82
Dr. Casey

why's nobody talking about AnoHana, didn't this air like four hours ago

Hope this is a two-cour series, it looks really good and stories with this many main characters (5-6, looks like) can really benefit from being longer than just the usual 12 or 13 episodes.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:47   Link #83
FireChick

I would, but I don't see any RAWs around yet (though I'm eagerly wanting to watch it), let alone subs.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:55   Link #84
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hope this is a two-cour series, it looks really good and stories with this many main characters (5-6, looks like) can really benefit from being longer than just the usual 12 or 13 episodes.
It's a NoitaminA show, so it will most likely have 1 cour of 11 episodes. The only NoitaminA anime that had 2 cours in the years have been Honey & Clover (2005), Nodame Cantabile (2007) and Shiki (2010).
Old 2011-04-14, 16:53   Link #85
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
It's a NoitaminA show, so it will most likely have 1 cour of 11 episodes. The only NoitaminA anime that had 2 cours in the years have been Honey & Clover (2005), Nodame Cantabile (2007) and Shiki (2010).
Adding onto that, two shows have already been confirmed for the summer season (Usagi/Bunny Drop and No. 6) so it's only going to be 11 episodes. And as Firechick says, you find us subs, we'll watch them and talk about it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:09   Link #86
Dr. Casey

Eh, I wasn't bitching about the thread's quietness. I was just confused.

Yeah, I'll just wait for the subs then... I'm curious to see what the opening's like. It will be hard for the opening to outdo the ending though, that was a great song.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2011-04-14 at 17:36.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:33   Link #87
InternHertz
.lone.....

Wow that first episode was amazing.
Best surprise this season so far...good job A-1.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 18:05   Link #88
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

You know what? I think this might save the noitaminA from the chain of bombing...
Old 2011-04-14, 21:02   Link #89
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Seeing the preorder ranking, this season's haken (hegemony) will be the hard fight between Steins;Gate, Ano-hana and Nichijou. (Tiger & Bunny is iono due to insane fujoushi involvement.)

Although all three cannot beat Madoka Magica anyway, lol.
Old 2011-04-14, 21:17   Link #90
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Highly anticipating this show. A blog that I rate in high regard gave it a 90% rating. Looks like Mari Okada is on fire this season with this and Hanasaku Iroha.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 21:45   Link #91
Kakkou
Tch.

Another solid show that started well. I was pretty hyped up for this and it met my expectations so far. Man this season is really brimming with good shows.

I really can't stop listening to the ED despite having looped the original so many times before the show premiered.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 22:06   Link #92
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
You know what? I think this might save the noitaminA from the chain of bombing...
...by crossing over into territory that is at least partly occupied by otaku. So many great noitaminA shows (House of Five Leaves, in particular, my favorite show of last year) bomb because they are not aimed at any Japanese audience's sweet spot. This might just hit enough of one to succeed.

Nice first episode. Story well set up. Nice work by Irino Miyu (so what else is new?) and by Tomatsu Haruka. And I'm closer to accepting Kayano Ai's extreme little voice than I was from the trailer.

I enjoyed both the OP and ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:45   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2011-04-15 at 00:00.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:04   Link #94
LusterFlare
Lost.

Solid first episode. Really tugs at your heartstrings, especially when that ED song rolled D:

One of my more anticipated shows this season. Unfortunately, it seems like this is one of those good shows that fly under the radar.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:18   Link #95
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's probably quiet because subs just came out.

It was a really, really good first episode. I was really surprised, since I thought Hanairo would be my favorite of the season, but this started out stronger than Hanairo. I have to agree with what serenade_beta and LusterFlare said. They took everything I wanted to say.

This is one amazing season.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:18   Link #96
Raiga
tl;dr

A great first episode. ^^ Looks like lots of drama's been set up already, but it looks like lots of heartwarming is in store, too. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Old 2011-04-15, 01:27   Link #97
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This anime was highly anticipated, and it didn't let me down!

Seriously, Ano Hana just upstaged Hanu-Saku Iroha.

Very emotional first episode. I don't usually get so emotionally into a show so fast. Okada outdoing herself this season. I really am interested in where we're going with this show.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 02:19   Link #98
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First episode just confirms it; undoubtedly this is my #1 show of the season. A notch below in visual as Hanasaku Iroha, about the same depth, but the first episode had twice the impact then both episodes of HI combined IMO.

Oh yeah, can't forget about having three times the moe as well for me, but that's neither here nor there...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 02:21   Link #99
winkel

The show of the season right here, a worthy continuation of the NoitamA slot. After Horou Musuko, I was excited to see what's next, but I wasn't expecting anything like this... beautiful and touching, all within the span of the first episode.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 02:22   Link #100
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I just realized...
Spoiler for Episode 1:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy