AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 16:49   Link #101
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hey kuro, what's the significance of the women who appear in the sky after the monks die?
Old 2013-02-04, 19:48   Link #102
kuromitsu

Monks? You mean Koufuu? He wasn't a monk. Anyway, unless I missed something (in which case feel free to correct me) it has no special significance. Here's what I wrote in the episode thread:

Quote:
It's a random woman, presumably someone he loved once. I think the point was how beautiful and fragile the mirage was (Saki is like "and then a giant Rei woman appeared and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"), to underscore the "holy" aspect of humans and the "monster" aspect of the bakenezumi. (Maybe.) But since things like this tend not to work in anime, I think they should've just cut this part...
(...) It's just a mirage. Earlier on Satoru explains to Saki that the "ghosts" of Maria & Co. she saw were born out of her strong feelings of wanting to see them, projected on the water. Presumably the same thing happened with Koufuu, either with a woman he loved, or as an artist "releasing" his creativity or something like that.
If you mean Rijin (who was a monk), there was no woman appearing when he died, that was before when he wiped out the bakenezumi. In the anime it was one woman riding on a scythe, aww yeah wielding a scythe, in the novel it's many female apparitions with wings and scythes - either way it was the manifestation of the attack he used. Remember, the way their power works they have to visualize what they want to do. Rijin used kamaitachi (basically: a whirlwind that cuts as if it was some edged weapon) to destroy the bakenezumi, and apparently he visualized it as a bunch of women flying around in the whirlwind (or, in the anime, one sexy lady) wielding scythes because "kama" means "sickle." I suppose he could've imagined it as simply weasels with sharp claws or something along those lines, but that would have been less dramatic.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 21:06   Link #103
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well okay, Koufuu certainly didn't act like the other monks. But yeah, basically what I was getting at was why these two very high powered men who died, also visualized women as a part of their powers. I was hoping the novel would shed more light on it....but it seems like it was mostly just an interesting visual for the audience instead of, say, weasels*, or something actually significant.

*Which incidentally, gets a hilarious visual in my mind thanks to Weird Al's song Albuquerque.
Old 2013-02-09, 12:30   Link #104
Shadow5YA

Are you sure there's no death feedback when people attack the bakenezumi with their powers?

Saki and that other woman were visibly sick. Was it just because they exhausted their powers, or did they experience a weakened feedback since the bakenezumi aren't entirely human?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 13:43   Link #105
Kirarakim

I think there is death feed back because the queer rats somewhat resemble humans. I just think it isn't as strong because they aren't real humans.

Maybe my memory is faulty but I remember them saying something like this back when the monk was killing the queer rats in the early episodes when the concept was first introduced.
Old 2013-02-09, 15:14   Link #106
kuromitsu

Rijin started to get sick before the bakenezumi appeared, and according to Shun's most likely correct theory it was the physical kickback to the critter's holo image. (A mother and a helpless baby, I think that's the best defense mechanism ever against a human in that world. ) Even Saki & Co. who weren't actually involved in attacking it started to feel sick when the image appeared, and as for Rijin, his attack immediately ceased when he saw it (I guess the smell of burning flesh didn't help, even though it belonged to the crab-critters). The bakenezumi made it worse because their shadows made them look similar to humans.

Perhaps he would've survived (since in his rational mind he knew he didn't really kill any humans), but then the exploding dog happened.

As for whatshername being sick, well, it's not like these people are cold-blooded killers. Enemy or not, they just destroyed a large number of living beings, the smell of their burning flesh is heavy in the air, etc... it's no surprise it's taken its toll.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-02-09 at 15:34.
Old 2013-03-04, 11:07   Link #107
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quite pity the anime did not touch on Rahman subdivisions of Rahman-Klogius syndrome in the earlier eps....thought that bit was rather interesting
Old 2013-03-04, 12:47   Link #108
Raghar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Quite pity the anime did not touch on Rahman subdivisions of Rahman-Klogius syndrome in the earlier eps....thought that bit was rather interesting
Why don't you tell us details? Considering the most likely publisher decided to licence manga instead, it's quite unlikely we would see the book soon. As long as it's not a spoiler for episodes 22+, there is no reason not to share all juicy parts.
Raghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 03:49   Link #109
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Rahman Classes 1-4 are called chaos classes while Klogius 1-3 are defined as order classes.

They differ in terms of destruction and slaughter manifested.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:44   Link #110
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh one other thing...in case anyone's wondering, the pseudo-Minoshiro are products of Toshiba
Old 2013-03-07, 15:37   Link #111
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghar View Post
Why don't you tell us details? Considering the most likely publisher decided to licence manga instead, it's quite unlikely we would see the book soon. As long as it's not a spoiler for episodes 22+, there is no reason not to share all juicy parts.
It's not "instead", the novel is expensive to translate (page count!) and they've made it pretty clear how many copies they'd have to sell for it to be profitable. If the manga does really well, that will show them there's interest (=people willing to spend actual money instead of just gushing over it on tumblr/forums/twitter) in the franchise and they'll be more likely to pick up the novel.

They're a small publisher, they can't afford major risks. I am guessing given the little bit of extra service in the manga it was probably a more likely candidate, considering the average buyer. Here's the cruel reality of the situation: http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/...s-enough-thats
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:54   Link #112
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
It's not "instead", the novel is expensive to translate (page count!) and they've made it pretty clear how many copies they'd have to sell for it to be profitable. If the manga does really well, that will show them there's interest (=people willing to spend actual money instead of just gushing over it on tumblr/forums/twitter) in the franchise and they'll be more likely to pick up the novel.
Of course there's also the fact that the manga is very different from the novel and someone who is interested in one may not be interested in the other, so I hope they're not trying to gauge interest in the book based on interest in the manga. I'd support an English language release of the book because why not (except apparently I don't count because I'm not in the US or Canada? I'm not knowledgeable about licensing rights but it would be easier to get the desired number of preorders if they went international, people speak English outside of North America, too), but there's no way I'd buy something I don't like and don't want (and don't want to support) just for that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:48   Link #113
deadsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Rahman Classes 1-4 are called chaos classes while Klogius 1-3 are defined as order classes.

They differ in terms of destruction and slaughter manifested.
Sounds interesting, i wanna know more about that!
Old 2013-03-09, 19:32   Link #114
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
In this episode 23 thread, kuromitsu made a little bit vague post about the PsychoBuster. Can someone explain a bit more about it? Also the letter that goes along with the PsychoBuster... Thanks! I feel like there are so much detail we are missing.

Spoiler for Here is the quote:
Old 2013-03-09, 19:39   Link #115
Shadow5YA

So since Shun said Maria and Mamoru's child is not a fiend, does that mean he's just a "normal" kid, only with a bad upbringing by the bakenezumi? Is the reason why he could kill so easily because was never taught/conditioned on how to value other human lives?

If that's the case, then what exactly is a fiend? More than someone who can bypass death feedback, is a fiend, specifically a fiend like boy K, supposed to be a mentally ill psychopath, while Maria's child is just someone who doesn't know any better?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:33   Link #116
Moeterumoe
Banned

There must be at least SOME kind of a love confession between Saki and Satoru before the end right?

Maybe something original for the anime, after all they can't cut Saki and Satoru's
Spoiler for spoiler:
Moeterumoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:33   Link #117
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So since Shun said Maria and Mamoru's child is not a fiend, does that mean he's just a "normal" kid, only with a bad upbringing by the bakenezumi? Is the reason why he could kill so easily because was never taught/conditioned on how to value other human lives?

If that's the case, then what exactly is a fiend? More than someone who can bypass death feedback, is a fiend, specifically a fiend like boy K, supposed to be a mentally ill psychopath, while Maria's child is just someone who doesn't know any better?
Haven't read the novel, but from the stuff I've seen so far I'm really inclined to think that the problem with the kid is that he doesn't see humans as humans, but actually bakenezumi as humans. I've concluded this from the description that Kiroumaru gave Saki and Mamoru about his battle with Yakomaru/Squealer: It is never specified that the kid killed any bakenezumi, he just disarmed them.

Now, I really would like a kind soul to spoil me about how this ordeal with the bakenezumi actually ends.
Old 2013-03-10, 16:24   Link #118
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Haven't read the novel, but from the stuff I've seen so far I'm really inclined to think that the problem with the kid is that he doesn't see humans as humans, but actually bakenezumi as humans. I've concluded this from the description that Kiroumaru gave Saki and Mamoru about his battle with Yakomaru/Squealer: It is never specified that the kid killed any bakenezumi, he just disarmed them.

Now, I really would like a kind soul to spoil me about how this ordeal with the bakenezumi actually ends.
I really don't think you would want to know more than what's already evident: that Saki (and Satoru) survive. But I suppose I am rather spoilahphobic and thus shouldn't be hanging around here anyway.
Old 2013-03-10, 16:29   Link #119
kuromitsu

As for the psycho buster, a summary, though note that they may revisit this in the next episode:

Spoiler for psycho buster - the letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterumoe View Post
There must be at least SOME kind of a love confession between Saki and Satoru before the end right?
Well, the anime may do something original, but as far as the novel goes,
Spoiler for the book:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterumoe View Post
Maybe something original for the anime, after all they can't cut Saki and Satoru's
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for the book:
Old 2013-03-10, 16:35   Link #120
Moeterumoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
As for the psycho buster, a summary, though note that they may revisit this in the next episode:

Spoiler for psycho buster - the letter:

Well, the anime may do something original, but as far as the novel goes,
Spoiler for the book:

Spoiler for the book:
I KNOW, I READ THE NOVEL

I meant they could get an actual (original) love confession in the anime. I know I would LOVE to see that

And it's just that I thought they might show us the wedding in the anime. Also they need to show us that Saki is pregnant from Satoru and how they're gonna name their child...
Moeterumoe is offline   Reply With Quote