AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 17:28   Link #41
Avisch
Reality Blender

Just my statements on this anime. I became addicted to the manga, though I first heard of the anime being in production.

I guess I'm excited for the anime, I don't think hey can alter the story much.
For some reason I'm dying to hear the opening. I don't know why but maybe it's because I've heard good things about KOTOKO's songs (I've only heard two of her songs though).

On the voice acting. I thought Nagi and Maria both sounded like my expectations (but I wouldn't mind if there voices were different from my expectations). Hayate's voice sounded yong to me, but then I realized "Oh right.....he's 16". And that I hadn't thought about his voice at all.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 10:04   Link #42
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I cant believe the animation company is still unknown :S
The timeslot and the... name of the op are rather discouraging for me, but oh well, at least it is sung by Kotoko
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 22:39   Link #43
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
The timeslot which replace Mar seems to be right to me, I mean there is really not that much objectable martial in the manga to be rated higher then PG
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 13:42   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah Rie Kumumblia. Champion of the Spazfreak, player of young males, angry loli???? Anyone ever notice that Rie Tanaka and Rie Kugimiya seem to be in a lot of the same shows together. No just kidding, it's the same as saying that Kumumblia always plays Tsundere lolis.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 14:37   Link #45
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Anticipating HQ scans (thumbnails):

I can easily see as Kugimiya Rie will shine as Nagi
Old 2007-03-12, 17:22   Link #46
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This is one of the many series I am looking forward to watching this spring . i had heard about this manga a lot now I finally get to see it
Old 2007-03-12, 18:15   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

We now know who is going to be the Animation Production Company. They are called Synergy SP. I never heard of them before although they have co-produced one series called Kirarin Revolution which I didn't see. Kirarin Revolution is also a comedy/romance genre. Someone who has watched a few episodes from that series probably can give us an idea as to what to expect from this animation studio.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 19:05   Link #48
SinsI

Well, Kirarin Revolution has a pretty low level of animation: no CG, a lot of static pictures and close shots, no shadows/lighting, not much details for backgrounds or characters. It's a little worse than Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge, as it has less creativity. Well, that kids story doesn't deserve anything better, but if they are making Hayate... It's a cause for worry.
OTOH, they do a pretty good job in-betweening, so the main question is: "Who's the animation director/key animator?"

Last edited by SinsI; 2007-03-12 at 19:18.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 19:18   Link #49
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I saw the images and looked at the synopsis, it looks pretty funny .

My main question is for manga readers, is it mainly a comedy/silly show or does it also have seriousness in it too?
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 19:21   Link #50
SinsI

Nah, comedy only.
Old 2007-03-13, 01:19   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I won't call it comedy only, just more humor orinated. There have been some serious issues, like Hayate's abandonment(s) and Nagi's anti-social behaviour.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 03:06   Link #52
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I won't call it comedy only, just more humor orinated. There have been some serious issues, like Hayate's abandonment(s) and Nagi's anti-social behaviour.
But such serious issues become used as more reason to poke fun at the characters.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 03:13   Link #53
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's like...Keroro Gunsou without frog aliens.

Let's leave it at that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 06:47   Link #54
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Is that mean this series is going to last at least 26 episodes or even 52?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 15:21   Link #55
Avisch
Reality Blender

That's unknown. Though the creator of the manga hopes it will be longer than a normal twenty-something (24-26) episode count. I don't know what I'm hoping for (except)

Spoiler for manga:
. But I can already predict that they'll be animating most the major scenes.

Last edited by monir; 2007-03-13 at 23:04. Reason: This is an anime-only thread. Hence, one needs to sensitive when revealing manga spoiler. Added spoiler tags!
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 22:44   Link #56
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Well, Kirarin Revolution has a pretty low level of animation: no CG, a lot of static pictures and close shots, no shadows/lighting, not much details for backgrounds or characters. It's a little worse than Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge, as it has less creativity. Well, that kids story doesn't deserve anything better, but if they are making Hayate... It's a cause for worry.
OTOH, they do a pretty good job in-betweening, so the main question is: "Who's the animation director/key animator?"
And I thought this series screamed BONES... well, I dont want this to turn into the next YNSH, it will be two of my mangas getting bad conversions :S

It all about waiting, in the end.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 01:17   Link #57
SinsI

OK, watched the trailer/CM. Since usually the best bits are choosen for them, one must look for the worst animated parts to estimate what the average level will be. Seems like they've progressed a little (better backgrounds, character designs more detailed) but not much.
Old 2007-03-14, 02:13   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

If it is a dialogue oriented show where the purpose is to deliver comedic moments, then there might be some hopes yet that this studio will be able to do a decent job. Shows like Sumomo aren't very big on animation, but still does a pretty good job at executing the comedy. Here is the CM for anyone who wants to watch it:

After taking a look at it, I believe SinsI is right on the money about the general animation to be expected from this series. The only other worry would be how faithful this studio will remain to the source material.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 02:39   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There're bound to be some changes I guess. If not it'll end up like DN and have people NOT watching it because, and I quote: 'It's the same thing anyway...'.

Changes in scene I can accept, but changes in character personality is a much more serious sin.

I was abit worry when I saw Maria beating Hayate... That wasn't suppose to happen!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 09:09   Link #60
MeganeShounen
Huh?

From the looks of the CM, it DOES look like Keroro Gunsou. Without the alien frogs. I think Hayate does have the Keitaro gene...

Plus KOTOKO singing the OP automatically wins this show extra points in my book.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp