AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 18:30   Link #661
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I'm thinking that a parallel timeline between the events of volume 5 and 7 are most likely. As a side effect, we'll probably see more of the game research club as well.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:01   Link #662
Undertaker

Or it might be after v8 about Kuroneko's adventure in her new school....
Old 2011-05-28, 23:14   Link #663
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Or it might be after v8 about Kuroneko's adventure in her new school....
And that would fall under the number 2 of the braches i propose. KN would be no longer Kyo's kohai, you need to be at same school to be. So, the story would be about her and a new "sempai" ..... I would despise that if you ask me.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:38   Link #664
sleepingleo

Sorry for double post, but it's a different from the KN manga.

I watched Ep15 and final. It does look gives a -conclusive- image, like there might not be second season, but hell, with all the hype im sure there will be a second season by the time Vol.10 comes out or so.

My impressions:

Spoiler:

Anyway, final words for anime: Good show, but could've been better if they explained the missing shots like when Manami and Ayase actually met, the stolen novel, all the Kyo and Ayase shots, etc etc... 4/5
Old 2011-05-31, 05:16   Link #665
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Too many things i could only understand cause i read the novels (ok ok, summaries, but that's the point).
FYI, this chapter was completely translated into English (though the translation may suck).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 11:50   Link #666
sleepingleo

Oh, since i just went ahead with sean summaries a while ago i assumed there were not full translations. Ill find the one you mention for a more in depth understanding. Thanks.
Old 2011-05-31, 11:53   Link #667
larethian

there's no need to find. it's on baka-tsuki.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:53   Link #668
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Seriously, this episode, and in restrospective, much of this anime felt too much compressed and rushed. I felt exactly what I feel when i watch Hidan no Aria anime, they try to compress too much material in every episode that in the end watcher only get the impression: "Shitty show", and you can only see how awesome some works are reading the original work. I think that also happened to Zero no Tsukaima but way worse, JC staff destroyed the poor show, and it's an awesome work ;-;
[Off topic]I'm one of those that almost stop watching Hidan no Aria if not for Kugimiya...guess time for me to start reading the novel instead of relying on anime adaptation (for Aria of course, I've finished Oreimo already...)[/Off topic]

On topic, though, knowing that they only have one chapter to be adapt (Okay, one and maybe 10 sentences from end of Chapter 3, which could have been easily thrown in Ep. 14...) and they still have to rush it. At least they stay mostly loyal, that I appreciate...

Of course, nothing quite beat the manga pacing, 20+ chapters in and they're still at Ch. 2. AND they're making a spinoff as well...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 06:25   Link #669
katsudon
Part Time Translator

it's a cash cow... could become one of those forever series like bxxxxx or nxxxxx... *shudder*
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:27   Link #670
sleepingleo

Nah, i dont think the can make this a forever-going-on. When novel adaptations deviate too much from the book they end up like crap. They did that with Zero no Tsukaima, skipped too much plot, added too much fanservice probably with hopes of making it a cash cow, modified important bits of plot, etc. Result: Season 1 and 2 were, more or less, palatable, BUT season 3 was in one word, SHIT!. I havent read the novels but seems like they messed with the plot of Shakugan no Shana too, specially since they didnt even introduced the most important character for the last part of the plot (SnF), i wanna see how theyll try to fix that o_o
Old 2011-06-01, 22:30   Link #671
katsudon
Part Time Translator

oh... i don't remember reading it, but about the "intimacy" between kuro and kyo...they pretty much never got to the first base right?
Old 2011-06-02, 00:04   Link #672
sleepingleo

The term first base is too ambiguous, but the most they did was hold hands and KN's curse. afaik that's it.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:07   Link #673
Undertaker

I just read v8, didn't notice the Chinese fan-translation was complete until few days ago.

Spoiler for Thoughts on V8:

Now I just need to wait for V9 and the official Chinese version of V8.

Quote:
Sorry for double post, but it's a different from the KN manga.

I watched Ep15 and final. It does look gives a -conclusive- image, like there might not be second season, but hell, with all the hype im sure there will be a second season by the time Vol.10 comes out or so.

Anyway, final words for anime: Good show, but could've been better if they explained the missing shots like when Manami and Ayase actually met, the stolen novel, all the Kyo and Ayase shots, etc etc... 4/5
I like how they handles ep15. It was fairly conclusive (though I hate the image though, way too corny, would've be better if they just stick to a group happy shot or Kirino close up shot) that is there is no S2, S1 can be a stand along anime. But yeah, with all the hype and the sales, it's hard not to think S2 will be on the way. They even actually handled Kirino's dere side pretty well for a change. The only complain I have was that they cut out the scene while Kyosuke was deciding which route they should play.

As for overall impression, I agree with you. Its a good adaption, the real problem here is that they makes the series seem like a companion series to the LN. Too many details got caught that was needed to connect all the plot correctly. But that seems to be the problem for most of the LN based anime anyway. That, and the V3 fiasco. While I can now appreciate the "irony" () behinds it. It really wasn't funny when I first watched it. It also creates a potential conflict if there is a S2 as V8 took the queue and mentions that "ImoZora" is being animated. And lastly, the anime Kirino is just not cute (except in episode 3,12 and 15). It was hard to root for him without the LN knowledge. God knows how many times I have to defend her on this forum. But yeah, similar to Yakushi Ryoko anime, this anime gets extra point for LN reader. I'll even give is a 8.5. but if I hadn't read LN and didn't like Kuroneko or Sena it'll just be another slightly above average anime.

Speaking anime, I remember they did release face designs for Saori without the glass. But through out the series, there isn't a scene in which she revealed her face. ( I thought I would find a way to work that in at the beginning)

With that being said, it really made me appreciate what Gosick team has done. Despise some minor issue in the beginning they really have managed to capture the LN perfectly. Anything that they changed only make the Anime version better and flows more smoothly. At same time it also captures and retained the feel of every characters. Oreimo isn't bad in this regard, unfortunately the one miss they had happens to be the lead female....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-06-02 at 02:42.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 03:47   Link #674
sleepingleo

Seems like LN readers agree that anime Kirino doesn't hold as much charisma as LN Kirino, seems like yeah, they couldn't portray her all that well.

Now as for Ayase. God, I just dont know how people can like her, anime-Ayase and LN-Ayase ( from the bits i've read) it's just simple and plain an ANNOYING and disgusting woman. I mean, she even points it out herself in the psp game, she loathes lies but she is living one by acting as if Kyo were scum when she knows he is a good person that wouldnt hesitate in take hits for his sister. [aside-note: though I'm starting to dislike Kyo lately, by the stupid and ass way he dated Kuroneko, always thinking about Kirino even at the times he was with KN. In that regard, the irony, i'm a fiery supporter of a KN ending, but thinking cold, I'm glad KN and Kyo broke up. Ruri deserves better than an idiot like Kyo.]

Ayase just, I don't see any good points on her. She is a yantsundere with too much tsun for kyo, almost nothing dere and a WHOLE loadtruck of YAN. I just can't bring myself to like her.
Old 2011-06-02, 05:33   Link #675
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I wonder if Kuroneko's actions mean she's trying to play Kirino's route a little for that happy end. Sort of like capture the sister-in-law's good end to open the boyfriend's true end.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 07:06   Link #676
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Seems like LN readers agree that anime Kirino doesn't hold as much charisma as LN Kirino, seems like yeah, they couldn't portray her all that well.

Now as for Ayase. God, I just dont know how people can like her, anime-Ayase and LN-Ayase ( from the bits i've read) it's just simple and plain an ANNOYING and disgusting woman. I mean, she even points it out herself in the psp game, she loathes lies but she is living one by acting as if Kyo were scum when she knows he is a good person that wouldnt hesitate in take hits for his sister. [aside-note: though I'm starting to dislike Kyo lately, by the stupid and ass way he dated Kuroneko, always thinking about Kirino even at the times he was with KN. In that regard, the irony, i'm a fiery supporter of a KN ending, but thinking cold, I'm glad KN and Kyo broke up. Ruri deserves better than an idiot like Kyo.]

Ayase just, I don't see any good points on her. She is a yantsundere with too much tsun for kyo, almost nothing dere and a WHOLE loadtruck of YAN. I just can't bring myself to like her.
it is true, but we all know that kyo is most likely M.....kyo probably likes ayase more than most of us fans do, as he did say himself that ayase is the cutest girl he knows next to kirino. and therefore it would be more socially acceptable to both go after ayase and keep kirino with a sisterly love ending. now at this point, ayase will NEED more appearances to attract more fan for sure in the LN. as it stands now, KN is more deserving as she's got more development, which explains how popular she is. KN is the one who is pulling all the strings as she's the one who's playing the eroge to capture kyo.

in the PSP game, after finishing most of the endings, I enjoyed Ayase's more than anyone else. well, except for KN's as I need to complete all her routes to get ~100%, so far i have not seen anything special.
Old 2011-06-02, 08:17   Link #677
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I thought I heard somewhere that Ore no Imouto won't be going past 10 volumes.

Seeing as how my vocab is still not up to the challenge and can't comment much but from all the summaries and what not, it seems likely that Kyousuke is going to pick one girl... Manami basically gave him an ultimatum and for those who study literature can call this foreshadowing.

A Kirino end is highly probable but if it's in a non-incest way then it would be the status quo end. Basically a rather Boring end...

I myself am hoping for a KN ending... which of the main heroines are awesome and epic. At this point she's basically forced all the girls feelings out into the open.

I think the issue people have with an Ayase ending is if you base her character based only on her anime portayal. She is not bound to be the favourite, and the development between her and Kyou probably can't much KN and Kirino.

But as I said before been trying to read abit with my limited vocab so I'm basing this on comments made and well other sources than the book.
Old 2011-06-02, 12:41   Link #678
sleepingleo

Thinking cold, Kyo doesnt actually -love- Ayase, he -likes- Ayase as much as any man could -like- the finalists of Miss Universe (or name your favorite beauty constest), your favorite actress playing a role in tv/movies, seeing your most favorite car on somewhere, etc. It's like if you see a jawdropping beautiful girl on the street, you can say "I like her", but that is it. I don't think it needs to involve love feelings.

I think Kyo "appreciates" Ayase because she is pretty and Kirino's friend, but that would be as far as his feeling go for her.

[About the PSP KN route] Honestly, KN acts really bitchy most of the time in her route, all due her twisted way of thinking and a misunderstanding. And her route was that original, about 40% of the events actually DID happen in Vol8, you'll see what i mean. But all in all, i like it better than Ayase's. I do admit, Ayase's is a little funnier.

In ranks for psp game routes i'd rank:
1.- Kuroneko (i'm too biased for the character)
2.- Ayase (only cause it's a little funny, with train groping and ninja antics, and also, seeing KN vs Ayase is PRICELESS)
3.- Everyone else (Saori, Manami, Kanako are just plain boring)
(?).- Kirino (haven't played the route of the female lead, lulz)

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-06-02 at 12:56.
Old 2011-06-02, 19:00   Link #679
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Just b/c lots of people are waiting for Ayase to finally pull the nice boat end on Kyousuke for good since he's such an idiot. And Ayase got the best personality out of all the girls anyway...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 20:29   Link #680
Undertaker

I would agree, I won't mind any Ayase end if KN end is not possible. Though I'll agree that if the series really heads down that role, then any pretense that this an everyday sibling comedy will need to throw out the window.

But series, this series has so many awesome female characters its almost not fair.

My perfect ending: (Could offend some people, do not enter if you can't take some eroge humor.)

Spoiler for Harem end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I thought I heard somewhere that Ore no Imouto won't be going past 10 volumes.

That was just an theory by most of us back when V7 released and we learns that KN and Kyo will be going out. We figure after this V8 romance, it would be hard to not start taking care Kirino part which should lead staight to the ending.

But with V8 pretty much handles all these issue and back to a status quo. I can see Fushimi delay the ending arc for another 3-5 volumes.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings