AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 04:21   Link #261
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Even if Belzard defeated 2 Hakuryukous it doesn't mean that Boosted Gear is the best. Since it is implied that both Sacred Gears are equal, cases like Belzard only happen once in a while. Furthermore since SGs are given randomly to human, it could also mean that those 2 that Belzard defeated are amateurs with DD. It only comes down to the skill of the possesor itself rather than which of the 2 SGs are the better
Thats what i said but people said DD was better then BG .
And Belzard was the strongest male Red Dragon Emperor. I take that the 2 White Dragon Emperors he beat as being strong.
But this maybe speculation.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:03   Link #262
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Thats what i said but people said DD was better then BG .
And Belzard was the strongest male Red Dragon Emperor. I take that the 2 White Dragon Emperors he beat as being strong.
But this maybe speculation.
maybe the reason Belzard become strongest sekiryutei is cos he defeat 2 hakuryuukou, and don't forget about the different in their age. maybe when Belzard facing 2nd Hakuryuukou their age different is 30 years, so basically that time Belzard already an middle aged man.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:16   Link #263
ImperialFlameGod8190

@skyblack relax man depending on what purpose divine dividing is better. BG is better as a support role Divine dividing is an excellent battle ability because u take their power and give it to yourself. Although this is a reference few people will get DD is Like El Drago from beyblade metal fusion
Old 2012-05-30, 13:58   Link #264
bludvein

If there were no limits to the possessor I would say DD is stronger as a concept, because the boost is negated by the divide, and DD's second ability would put it on top in a power struggle. The problem with that is twofold. One, the possessor has a a power limit, they just can't continue to power up. Two, after BB they both hit their limits almost instantly, so then its cancelled out.

So after they both hit max power, its completely even and up to the possessor's skill. Because of this, I would say BG is better because it has a pretty beast support ability that DD just doesn't have.

Sorry if any of that was incoherent or anything. Im dead tired atm.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:43   Link #265
Awrya
U mad?

From my view, DD and BG are about equal. The most obvious use of DD is to halve the opponents strength and take it for yourself, with BG you boost your power and use that to dominate your opponent. But both Ise and Vali demonstrated creative ways of using that power: transferring BG's power to the DD wings and cause an overflow (Ise) or use DD to halve magic attacks to literally nothing (Ise&Vali).

There is one major difference between normal SG mode and BB mode for both, DD gains the additional ability Half Dimension, which has to be used strategically to maximise the effect. BG's ability is maximum boost, reaching the maximum number of boosts in an instant.

In SG mode I'd say DD dominates BG, since BG has a charging time while it is unknown whether DD has one as well. If DD halves your opponents strength every 10 seconds like BG boosts, BG will never go beyond the second boost if both are activated at the same time.

In BB mode it solely depends on who can produce results in the shortest time, as the abilities eat away your BB time.

Edit: just noticed this whole conversation would be better off in Speculations&Theories thread...
[Mod Edit: Posts moved.]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-30 at 15:27. Reason: posts moved
Old 2012-05-30, 17:57   Link #266
sky black swordman

^ Thats what I was trying to say.
Old 2012-05-31, 14:43   Link #267
willx
Nyaaan~~

The only thing in the discussion above I'd add is that "double" doesn't really seem to mean double anymore. If you think about how powerful Ise gets in the future, he says he manages to shoot normal "dragon shot" as powerful as the one that carved the mountain when he first started training without even using boost.

Now, imagine the collateral damage for that when it's doubled? And then doubled 2-3 more times afterwards? You're talking about near nuclear soon when he uses Boost x N .. I feel like the author didn't have a good grasp of exponential math when he talked about so much doubling..
Old 2012-05-31, 17:12   Link #268
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
The only thing in the discussion above I'd add is that "double" doesn't really seem to mean double anymore. If you think about how powerful Ise gets in the future, he says he manages to shoot normal "dragon shot" as powerful as the one that carved the mountain when he first started training without even using boost.

Now, imagine the collateral damage for that when it's doubled? And then doubled 2-3 more times afterwards? You're talking about near nuclear soon when he uses Boost x N .. I feel like the author didn't have a good grasp of exponential math when he talked about so much doubling..
Seeing that Ise faces people with haxing powers, compared to them his "Dragon Shot" looks weak actually. Nuclear power terms isn't considered that strong here with those of Vali etc levels
Old 2012-05-31, 17:20   Link #269
Mammon

Willx@ that's just how powerful ise is,and at the start it was just normal dragon shot(had to double loads of times to be powerful)but then it moved to BB shot which used the same power roughly as his normal shot and then it goes on to more powerful things.
I feel that it's not the author but ise reaching new stages in power(plus don't forget that ise still had a seal on him when he didnt have BB so that was a difference)
I Kind of took that to seriously
Old 2012-05-31, 19:00   Link #270
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

Actually Issei already surprassed Nuclear. Nuclear Bombs only contain enough energy to destroy a mountain (more or less a average mountians). Issei destroyed a mountian in volume 2. He has since gotten way stronger. You do the math.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:26   Link #271
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@log idk where u heard that nuclear bombs can only take out a mountain but they just diffused one in texas which they were planning to drop in the cold war in worst case scenario it wouldve taken out most of russia and any country near russia just saying man.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:38   Link #272
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
@log idk where u heard that nuclear bombs can only take out a mountain but they just diffused one in texas which they were planning to drop in the cold war in worst case scenario it wouldve taken out most of russia and any country near russia just saying man.
You don't know what you are talking man.
First of all look at some map how fucin big Russia is.
Second go to http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16 and try to drop a Tsar Bomba which was the biggest nuke ever tested. Then compare it to Russia size, then multiply how much bigger that nuke would need to be.
Then you can drop asteroid which killed dinosaurs.

Seriously people this days ^^.
Old 2012-05-31, 21:02   Link #273
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Actually I said that nukes only have enough energy to take out a mountian. It couldn't actually take out a average sized, let's say 350 meters in height and 2 kilometers in base due to the fact that nukes are designed for large area of effect hence they spread out their energy. Due to the spread of energy only parts of moutains would be destroyed hence a decently sized moutain would be more or less intact.

Also LOL at a nuke destroying Russia.

And yes I realize this discussion is of topic.
Old 2012-06-01, 00:41   Link #274
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Actually I said that nukes only have enough energy to take out a mountian. It couldn't actually take out a average sized, let's say 350 meters in height and 2 kilometers in base due to the fact that nukes are designed for large area of effect hence they spread out their energy. Due to the spread of energy only parts of moutains would be destroyed hence a decently sized moutain would be more or less intact.

Also LOL at a nuke destroying Russia.

And yes I realize this discussion is of topic.
Actually, anything larger than the Tsar Bomb (if it's what I think it is, largest bomb ever detonated) could have taken Russia... and the rest of the planet. The reason they stopped making bigger bombs was because the intensity of the blast increases far quicker than the actual blast radius. Nukes were reaching the point they would have burned away the actual atmosphere, essentially doing the same thing as the "Dinosaur Killer".
Old 2012-06-01, 16:59   Link #275
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well if you're gonna talk mass destruction, let me see if this fits Isse better for that.

Imagine if you will, another version of his "gift" on Rias's breasts, but instead of using them as a battery for powering up, he instead reverses the energy direction, and not only that, but spreads the effect to within a certain radious or even over the entire (under)world to any female to use their breasts as long range homing energy canons... all aiming at the opponent(s) of the day. Each "Oppai Gun" (2 per female) with the same destructive power as his "Mountain Destroyer" shot, and with homing capability so they NEVER MISS.

The effect would probably need the entire harem to have it "gifted" on to use, and say Akeno, Rias, Asia, Rossweiss, and whomever else has some magic capability "transmits" this gift shot to all other females like a radio transmitter antenna. If need be, the power can even be "boosted" with each person participating to further spread the effect out even more or increase the potency of the shot.

In this case, whomever the unlucky fool is that is the target won't know which direction to defend because they would be attacked literally from everywhere. Add insult to injury, each attack from each person also take on that person's power affinity, be it power (Kinetic/physical), elemental (fire, water, etc.), technique, or like Rias, POD or other unusual power traits.

With that kind of power, an attack like that could possibly even hurt Great Red, I won't say kill him, but it would certainly get his attention. But since Isse's now indebted to him for his new body, that's not a likely thing to happen. Just thinking of what could happen if that were to happen in, or near a large city. The villain would see all these glowing lines shooting out of buildings and other places where people are, and seing them all turning toward him/her, and after perhaps deflecting or dodging a few from closer participants, they come to realize that soon they will be overwhelmed with millions of these shots and the ones dodged are coming back. I think they would be sure their last words would be an expletive, like "oh crap!" or "F**k me!".

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2012-06-01 at 17:16.
Old 2012-06-01, 17:25   Link #276
Xaturas

^^ Almost like Goku's Spirit bomb.

Ise put hands up, says Oppaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Bomb, and magical lights fly from every dirrection hitting the target. Of course before it happens you see all girls over the world gathering oppai power before shoot, pointing their boobs into the air.
Never underestimate the power of oppai.
Old 2012-06-01, 18:44   Link #277
Azure-Priest

^^ Yes, the author could do that! Both wildly amusing and horribly terrifying at the same time!
Old 2012-06-01, 18:58   Link #278
sky black swordman

^ Thats funny Oppai bomb . But I think we all Issei will never use if it cant be help a move that makes his harems breasrt get smaller. Vol 11 to us that . Issei won but in his head at the cost of his GF's breast ., the oppai he loves.
Old 2012-06-01, 22:33   Link #279
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

What he could do also is use Bilingual to contact all the girls in the underworld and tell them to bear their breasts so he can gain energy from them.
Old 2012-06-01, 22:41   Link #280
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ah, but the good thing is, it wouldn't be at the cost of breast reductions. In fact, it might even increase their busts by a cup size or 2. Remember this, I thought this up as a "reversal" of his Oppai Battery technique, though not a full 'true' reversal.

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life