AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 17:49   Link #361
Jetzero Infinity

So it's intended to be GITS for the new generation eh? I find that to be very interesting, and I'm glad that they seem to seriously want to do something innovative rather than trying to milk otaku. I'm trying my best not to get unreasonably hyped for this(especially after Guilty Crown) but I get more excited the more I hear about it.

Anyway I really hope this works out well for Production I.G. since it sounds like they have a lot of hope for this.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:57   Link #362
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
So it's intended to be GITS for the new generation eh?
I'm highly suspicious of this "new generation". I fear superficial attemps at being "cool" and "accessible" will supersede more serious attempts to understand the human condition (in the context of Japanese animation).

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've become increasinly sceptical of any "new" and "original" animation projects in the past few years.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:35   Link #363
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It actually appears that Akane is being pushed as the lead more so than Shinya. She's the rookie who joins the force, has to learn the ropes, and there are high expectations of her, and then... she meets Shinya which is apparently when the story starts to develop.

Here are more details from the full interview in Newtype between Koji Yamamoto (FujiTV, noitaminA producer) and Takeshi Wada (Production IG, currently runs Wit Studio and is producing Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes):

- The idea originally came up because Sony was remaking Spiderman. Yamamoto felt that Production IG also had strong properties which have been dormant for some time - Ghost in the Shell, and Patlabor. But instead of remaking them, he thought it would be good if they made something brand new in that same direction instead. The concept being "a cop series".

- The project started coming together about 2 years ago. They decided who would be the producers and the chief director pretty early. It seems the chief director (we know its Motohiro now) was definitely something FujiTV wanted.

- What Yamamoto wanted for the show was something like Inception, but done in an anime form which can show off the Japanese animation industry's ability to also create major scifi works like that. Inception is very popular, Ghost in the Shell is very popular, people overseas respect these works, etc. You get the picture.

- Yamamoto was also the one who had the idea to get Amano involved in the character designs. The reason for this is because he feels that her artwork has a more adult taste in them, and she's also popular with both male and female demographics, so it would be a more gender neutral style which can appeal to older audiences as well.

- The story and science-fiction world setting is something which the chief producer and the script writer (Urobuchi!!) planned out together. Some of the details and ideas evolved along with Amano's designs however. It seems that both the Dominator gun and the wrist bracelet computer they use to calculate Psycho-Pass measurements are things which developed from Amano's preference for gadget designs.
this confirms it!!! this is the CyberPunk anime that Production IG is been working on that will be as awesome as Ghost In The Shell said on this youtube video - http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=262

thanks for those infos duckroll!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:28   Link #364
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It actually appears that Akane is being pushed as the lead more so than Shinya. She's the rookie who joins the force, has to learn the ropes, and there are high expectations of her, and then... she meets Shinya which is apparently when the story starts to develop.

Here are more details from the full interview in Newtype between Koji Yamamoto (FujiTV, noitaminA producer) and Takeshi Wada (Production IG, currently runs Wit Studio and is producing Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes):

- The idea originally came up because Sony was remaking Spiderman. Yamamoto felt that Production IG also had strong properties which have been dormant for some time - Ghost in the Shell, and Patlabor. But instead of remaking them, he thought it would be good if they made something brand new in that same direction instead. The concept being "a cop series".

- The project started coming together about 2 years ago. They decided who would be the producers and the chief director pretty early. It seems the chief director (we know its Motohiro now) was definitely something FujiTV wanted.

- What Yamamoto wanted for the show was something like Inception, but done in an anime form which can show off the Japanese animation industry's ability to also create major scifi works like that. Inception is very popular, Ghost in the Shell is very popular, people overseas respect these works, etc. You get the picture.

- Yamamoto was also the one who had the idea to get Amano involved in the character designs. The reason for this is because he feels that her artwork has a more adult taste in them, and she's also popular with both male and female demographics, so it would be a more gender neutral style which can appeal to older audiences as well.

- The story and science-fiction world setting is something which the chief producer and the script writer (Urobuchi!!) planned out together. Some of the details and ideas evolved along with Amano's designs however. It seems that both the Dominator gun and the wrist bracelet computer they use to calculate Psycho-Pass measurements are things which developed from Amano's preference for gadget designs.
After reading all of this I am even more hyped for this now than I was before. I try my best to not get too hyped over anything, but I just can't help it with this, lol.

Thanks, duckroll.
Old 2012-09-12, 02:35   Link #365
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
I'm highly suspicious of this "new generation". I fear superficial attemps at being "cool" and "accessible" will supersede more serious attempts to understand the human condition (in the context of Japanese animation).

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've become increasinly sceptical of any "new" and "original" animation projects in the past few years.
Well I think if you know the script writer then this shouldn't be too much of a worry, since we know what he's all about.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:07   Link #366
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
since we know what he's all about.
That's precisely why I would be worried. I don't want all that emo in my scifi.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:20   Link #367
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
That's precisely why I would be worried. I don't want all that emo in my scifi.
Psycho-Pass will be a CyberPunk anime so emo+sci-fi is bound to happen... i guess we got one less viewer for this show now
Old 2012-09-12, 04:26   Link #368
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
Psycho-Pass will be a CyberPunk anime so emo+sci-fi is bound to happen... i guess we got one less viewer for this show now
Tell me where GITS(Innocence excluded cause that was in a Mamoru Oshii pandering league of its own) was Zero/Madoka emo. And no, I'm not going anywhere before seeing a real PV.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:35   Link #369
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Tell me where GITS(Innocence excluded cause that was in a Mamoru Oshii pandering league of its own) was Zero/Madoka emo. And no, I'm not going anywhere before seeing a real PV.
maybe we got a different view of what emo is then... any unstable mental condition for me is emo... so CyberPunk is emo with sci-fi elements to me, a hi-tech lifestyle but natural human conditions are being deprived or that human emotional states cannot evolve/adapt fast enough against the faster progress of technology
Old 2012-09-12, 04:36   Link #370
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Cyberpunk as a setting is pretty bleak, cold and hopeless. From A Scanner Darkly, the original short story, to the more recent Deus Ex Revolution.

EDIT: So yeah, it's pretty much Urobuchi's alley, the man himself is a huge Equilibrium fanboy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 05:36   Link #371
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
I like how you keep using the word emo like it's not a vacuous buzzword. Try 'wangst' next time. It's just as meaningless, but not nearly as dated.

I don't want this to be GITS for a new generation, I want this to be Psycho-Pass for as many generations it can be. Why the hell does GITS even need a generational update? This is the first time I've heard of a nine year generational gap.

Also, designs are cool.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 08:03   Link #372
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://ieee80211abgn.blog58.fc2.com/...ntry-2542.html

Full staff listing and OP/ED performers leaked on the official poster. Looks like they're going all out with the reveal this week, or they're going to look dumb. :P

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Makoto Fukami, Aya Takaha
Original Character Concept: Akira Amano
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Color Setting: Emiko Ueno
Art Director: Koji Eto
3D Director: Atsushi Satou
Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
Editing: Yoshinori Murakami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Animation Production: Production IG
Production: Psycho-Pass Production Committee

Opening Theme by Ling Tosite Sigure
Ending Theme by Egoist

Edit: There's an extra VA announcement there too. Takahiro Sakurai voices Shuugo Makajima (sp?) in Psycho-Pass. Probably the white haired character at the end of the last PV.

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-09-12 at 08:29.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 08:49   Link #373
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

That look promising, it's been a while since we got a descent SF/Cyberpunkinsh show.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:01   Link #374
blue_sora

Takahiro Sakurai will be in it?! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

But why Egoist as ED singer? Actually the real question is why they still exist? I thought they were created solely for Guilty Crown as fictional band. Why not just supercell?
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:12   Link #375
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Takahiro Sakurai will be in it?! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

But why Egoist as ED singer? Actually the real question is why they still exist? I thought they were created solely for Guilty Crown as fictional band. Why not just supercell?
I think it's the name you're gonna see used to indicate that Chelly is doing the vocals.While just saying supercell wouldn't indicate who's singing.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-09-12 at 13:35.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:36   Link #376
Kirarakim

Takahiro Sakurai...this just keeps getting better & better!
Old 2012-09-12, 13:03   Link #377
suntaclaus

Perhaps the opening theme song is 「abnormalize」 by Ling Tosite Sigure.
As group's twitter says, NEW SINGLE will be released on November 14.
https://twitter.com/sigure_official/...61206686613504

Download song:
凛として時雨 - abnormalize.mp3
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:05   Link #378
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntaclaus View Post
Perhaps the opening theme song is 「abnormalize」 by Ling Tosite Sigure.
As group's twitter says, NEW SINGLE will be released on November 14.
https://twitter.com/sigure_official/...61206686613504

Download song:
凛として時雨 - abnormalize.mp3
There's also a B-side on the single called "make up syndrome" so it could be either...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:12   Link #379
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

When I listen to the opening theme by Ling Tosite Sigure, I didn't like it much (but the change of tempos and voice switchs looks nice, which reminds me of Lama), so I preferred Spyair or Vivid to do it. Despite this, it somehow fits it I think.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:21   Link #380
Jetzero Infinity

Well if it does turn out to be the opening it sounds pretty good to me and it definently gives off a cyberpunk vibe. By the way do we know who the distributor is yet for this? Just curious...(can't assume Aniplex since it's not enough promotion for their usual campaigns)
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller