AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-01, 23:25   Link #1
Nihgthawk

Tenchi Muyo GXP [Light Novel]

Taken from Mangaupdates:
"Seina Yamada may just be the unluckiest guy in the world. As Tenchi Masaki's classmate, this walking time bomb seems to spread destruction and bad fortune wherever he goes. But when a suprise encounter with a beautiful woman leaves him with lipstick on his face and a Galaxy Police pamphlet, it seems his luck is about to turn around. Now, he has become a member of the GP Academy and is about to face the challenges of squaring off against space pirates, adapting to a new advanced society, and sneaking out after curfew with his friends"

Started in 2003 Tenchi Muyo GXP is a retelling of the the anime of the same name by Masaki Kajishima, one of the original creators of the first Tenchi Muyo series, in greater detail and how he envisioned the series to be. Currently the series is on its 10th volume and if equated to anime would be around episode 17ish. As for major differences compared to the anime the NB character is almost non existent and the cast from the Tenchi Muyo series play a slightly larger role or at least show up more often.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 12:40   Link #2
SILENTANIMELOVER

The series is up to 12 volumes.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 13:31   Link #3
SILENTANIMELOVER

I think the series finished up at 14 volumes. Anyone got illustrations from each of the volumes?
Old 2016-06-03, 20:23   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I loved the anime it actually got a true harem end, when the original keep getting remakes and shit.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and this, the spin-offs better than the original lololol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 00:57   Link #5
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I loved the anime it actually got a true harem end, when the original keep getting remakes and shit.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and this, the spin-offs better than the original lololol~
Actually the original author of this and the OVAs has been releasing side information since the second OVA that has confirmed Tenchi will end as a true harem the last few years have been about about the lives of Tenchi's daughters and Seina 's sons.Tenchi is also confirm ed to have at least one son but it isn't stated who the mother is but given his red spikey hair it's likely Washu but Ryoko is still a possibility .
Spoiler for the kids and future husbands:

I'm not sure the GXP novel series has ended while volume 14 is where the show ended it was only released on 4/20 and from what I can tell it's not stated to be the end.
Oh and there is an other LN series related to Tenchi called Paradise War
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 20:29   Link #6
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTANIMELOVER View Post
I think the series finished up at 14 volumes. Anyone got illustrations from each of the volumes?
Here

I'm reading volume 13 at the moment.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 10:59   Link #7
SILENTANIMELOVER

You think you could summarize the last two volumes when you get the chance?
Old 2016-06-14, 08:05   Link #8
Tri-ring

Quote:
You think you could summarize the last two volumes when you get the chance?
Finally finished reading the two volumes.
The basic story line is the same except for he picks up another girl on the planet. The robot actually had a name, "ZINV" and also had an AI which has an astral soul. The robot and the AI named D is 3 billion years old but D loves curry rice and spaghetti.
The three clones of Fuku is implanted with an astral soul with their memories intact, one being D.
The robot is speculated as the original archy type of what Renza republic worships.

As for a second arc picking off from the end of the anime I believe it will happen. It seems as if GXP is the bridge between the original Tenchi Muyo! stories and Isekai no Seikishi. I also believe the next installment of Tenchi Muyo! OVAs are the jump board in connecting the two.
Old 2016-06-14, 08:14   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Finally finished reading the two volumes.
The basic story line is the same except for he picks up another girl on the planet. The robot actually had a name, "ZINV" and also had an AI which has an astral soul. The robot and the AI named D is 3 billion years old but D loves curry rice and spaghetti.
The three clones of Fuku is implanted with an astral soul with their memories intact, one being D.
The robot is speculated as the original archy type of what Renza republic worships.
So it links up with Dual! in the end it seems.....The D look alike on the cover is the same D from Dual! then?
Old 2016-06-14, 14:04   Link #10
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So it links up with Dual! in the end it seems.....The D look alike on the cover is the same D from Dual! then?
Not the same being but an alternate version of her they also brought in a bunch of others from the series from the illustrations there might be some summaris of volume 13 on uselesstenchi.org

There is already a bridge for Isekai no Seikishi. Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru Tenchi Ban 13.08 and 13.12 explain everything why Reia crossed over all about Kenshi's training for when her was going to be sent over.

If anything hopefully OVA 4 will link a bit more into MK 's latest Tenchi works the Tenchi if books that deal with his and Seina's kids and Paradise War were Seina makes a Cameo.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 07:24   Link #11
Tri-ring

FINALLY!!

Fujimi Fantasia Bunko is going to publish Tenchi Muyo GXP! Vol.15 on March 18th according to Dragon Magazine March issue.

http://ranobe-mori.net/news/2017/01/?page=5

No we can read about what happens after the wedding moving to the Renza Republic arc.
Old 2017-01-31, 15:35   Link #12
darkofficer
just a devil

that's some good news

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 00:27   Link #13
SILENTANIMELOVER

Good to know this series continues the story.
Old 2017-02-01, 00:28   Link #14
cyberdemon

Now if only someone would translate all of them. I liked the anime and want to see how things changed in the LN/
Old 2017-02-01, 00:30   Link #15
SILENTANIMELOVER

Same here. Personally, I'd be happy with just the illustrations of the volumes.
Old 2017-03-11, 00:17   Link #16
SILENTANIMELOVER

Just a reminder. Volume 15 will be released this month in Japan. Let me know what it's about.
Old 2017-03-11, 09:09   Link #17
Tri-ring

Quote:
Just a reminder. Volume 15 will be released this month in Japan. Let me know what it's about.
Unfortunately looks as if the publishers had pushed it back a month. Now various sources tells me it will be published on April 20th.

http://www.e-hon.ne.jp/bec/SI/BunkoS...1704&listcnt=0
Old 2017-03-17, 22:48   Link #18
SILENTANIMELOVER

Bummer. Still looking forward to it. Keep me posted.
Old 2017-03-18, 21:32   Link #19
Tri-ring

Quote:
Bummer. Still looking forward to it. Keep me posted.
Looks as if they pushed it back again and will be published on May 20th.

http://ranobe-mori.net/news/2017/03_014953.php
Old 2017-03-19, 13:44   Link #20
SILENTANIMELOVER

This just keeps getting better, doesn't it?