Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-22, 17:51   Link #13481
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
oh and please have him kill Suzaku too
I can only see this wish of yours being fulfilled if and only if he somehow manages to use willpower to overpower the effects of Lelouch's geass over him and sacrifices himself honorably to save another major character (and not because he'll ever sympathize with Zero's cause).
Old 2008-06-22, 17:59   Link #13482
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
So... Britannia route for Kallen confirmed?

http://images.shareapic.net/fullsize3/009191386.jpg
Old 2008-06-22, 17:59   Link #13483
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oooh, insulting me now, eh?

Okay, how about this little fact: The Geass rewires the brain. You mind giving me a plausible explantion on how something like that gets repaired? And don't use Lelouch as an example because C.C. put protection on him that kept a backup on his memories if things went wrong.
Oh please don't pull the "insulting me now" card that you've done so many times. Your posts are provocative, don't be surprised that other people are going to retaliate.

The point is that you can never be 100 percent sure if something will happen or not, but you on the other hand claim that your own views are always right no matter what. Your too narrow minded to accept others views.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:00   Link #13484
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
and you know that how? because everything you come up in that brain of yours is automatically right huh?
Even if we assume you assumtion is right and the geass will wear off in time, it could be years, since Carve-tan is still trying to carve on the wall and it has been a year. You think Lelouch will sit on his plans for years just to have Suzaku's geass wear off? It would be more productive to think of a countermeasure for him rather then wait him out, which would be stupid and counter productive to his goals.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:02   Link #13485
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Even if we assume you assumtion is right and the geass will wear off in time, it could be years, since Carve-tan is still trying to carve on the wall and it has been a year. You think Lelouch will sit on his plans for years just to have Suzaku's geass wear off? It would be more productive to think of a countermeasure for him rather then wait him out, which would be stupid and counter productive to his goals.
It could be years, or it could be soon, nobody knows so I don't see how someone can write off my theory just becuase they "think" it will take years. I never said Lelouch would sit and wait for this to happan, I merely stated that if he founds out that carve-tan has stopped he would be informed that his geass has a time limit.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:03   Link #13486
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Oh please don't pull the "insulting me now" card that you've done so many times. Your posts are provocative, don't be surprised that other people are going to retaliate.

The point is that you can never be 100 percent sure if something will happen or not, but you on the other hand claim that your own views are always right no matter what. Your too narrow minded to accept others views.
I cannot recall pulling such a card "so many times" as you say. It's not my fault you respond as such.

When have I ever claimed my views are right no matter what? Don't presume to think such things.

And you never answered my question. How do you correct the fact that the Geass rewires someone's brain?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 18:08   Link #13487
calvinguy

Quote:
I cannot recall pulling such a card "so many times" as you say. It's not my fault you respond as such.

When have I ever claimed my views are right no matter what? Don't presume to think such things.
For instance you persistently claim that Lelouch will end up with Kallen, anybody else who disagrees with you is wrong even though the series has yet to finish. Thats the type of attitude you put out in your posts.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:09   Link #13488
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
And you never answered my question. How do you correct the fact that the Geass rewires someone's brain?
While I agree with Dann on the thus-far-indefinite effects of Geass, it should be pointed out that Lelouch's geasses respond to a primer. Carve-tan's activates at a particular time of day. Suzaku's activates only when he needs to protect his life. Etcetera.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:10   Link #13489
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
For instance you persistently claim that Lelouch will end up with Kallen, anybody else who disagrees with you is wrong even though the series has yet to finish. Thats the type of attitude you put out in your posts.
What you actually take what Dann-tan says seriously?
Old 2008-06-22, 18:13   Link #13490
calvinguy

Quote:

So what if geass can rewires someones brains? That doesn't mean it can't wear off... look at Euphie for instance, she was able to overcome the geass even though her brain was "rewired."
Old 2008-06-22, 18:14   Link #13491
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
What you actually take what Dann-tan says seriously?
I take everyone seriously unless its obvious that they are joking.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:15   Link #13492
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
So what if geass can rewires someones brains? That doesn't mean it can't wear off... look at Euphie for instance, she was able to overcome the geass even though her brain was "rewired."
Well as Lelouch suspected, if the order is something that is completely 180 degrees of what the person is, they will try to resist it but it'd be futile.

For Euphie's case, she was dying
Old 2008-06-22, 18:17   Link #13493
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

She was able to do so because basically every part of her being finds the geass order unacceptable or rather just totally alien to her. Even then it did not completely wear off, she was just able to fight it from time to time. However Carve-tan still shows no sign of having her geass wear off, it might not be permanant but Lelouch will have no chance to find out considering she is no longer in Area 11.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:19   Link #13494
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well as Lelouch suspected, if the order is something that is completely 180 degrees of what the person is, they will try to resist it but it'd be futile.

For Euphie's case, she was dying
Yes i know this case is a bit different. What i'm just trying to say is that we don't know the mechanics of geass well enough to claim that it can't be reversed. I know Euphie was dieing in this case, but if according to Dann her brain has already been rewired... so why would it even matter if shes dieing since the effect can't be reversed.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:25   Link #13495
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I just gave up trying to support a pairing that has no chance as was evidenced from comments from the staff and by the show itself. Oftentimes, some are unaware of certain info such as how some keep bringing up the kiss from season 1 which was confirmed to be meaningless and non-romantic.

I simply counter ideas. You do the same as does everyone in this forum.

Quote:
You mean you don't consider that relevant. Rewiring someone's brain isn't some little thing nor can it simply be repaired.

That is a bad example. Like SoD pointed out, it was a complete 180 on her personality. In the end, she couldn't reject it. The second time she was dying and had lost a lot of blood. This could have affected her brain.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 18:27   Link #13496
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
He'll fufill the all. Especially the first and last which are the most important.
He'll certainly try his fullest to. And if Lelouch is to have a happy/satisfactory ending, it means he'll have to fulfil all or most of those promises.

For Kallen's part it probably means that:
- If she's being held captive somehow (house arrest, On parole/surveillance), then he'll try his best to save her from that situation...
- If she'd mindwiped, either into becoming his enemy or simply a passive bystander, he'll do anything he can to undo the mindwipe.
- If she's being blackmailed into staying in a calm life or into fightning the OotBK (by the means of her mother, for example), Lelouch will try to find some way to undo that achilles heel so that she can return.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:29   Link #13497
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
If she's being blackmailed into staying in a calm life or into fightning the OotBK (by the means of her mother, for example), Lelouch will try to find some way to undo that achilles heel so that she can return.
Given the fact that she was now known as a traitor, don't you think the Britannians in general would've already done so with her mom?

Quote:
I think Dann has a strong case because as we see in episode 11,

"You plan on taking every one of my possessions away like that eh?"

I mean the guy's already treating Kallen as one of his possessions. I think she has a strong inside with him now.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:31   Link #13498
calvinguy

Quote:
I just gave up trying to support a pairing that has no chance as was evidenced from comments from the staff and by the show itself. Oftentimes, some are unaware of certain info such as how some keep bringing up the kiss from season 1 which was confirmed to be meaningless and non-romantic.

I simply counter ideas. You do the same as does everyone in this forum.
Its fine with me if you give up supporting a certain pairing, but there isn't enough evidence from the staff or the show for proof that Kallen x Lelouch will happen. I'm fine with you supporting Kallen x Lelouch ( or w/e you say you are ) I just don't like the attitude you display to others when they think otherwise.

Quote:
You mean you don't consider that relevant. Rewiring someone's brain isn't some little thing nor can it simply be repaired.

That is a bad example. Like SoD pointed out, it was a complete 180 on her personality. In the end, she couldn't reject it. The second time she was dying and had lost a lot of blood. This could have affected her brain.
Hahaha so losing alot of blood is suppose to change this "wiring" that can't be reversed according to you?
Old 2008-06-22, 18:33   Link #13499
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
He'll certainly try his fullest to. And if Lelouch is to have a happy/satisfactory ending, it means he'll have to fulfil all or most of those promises.

For Kallen's part it probably means that:
- If she's being held captive somehow (house arrest, On parole/surveillance), then he'll try his best to save her from that situation...
- If she'd mindwiped, either into becoming his enemy or simply a passive bystander, he'll do anything he can to undo the mindwipe.
- If she's being blackmailed into staying in a calm life or into fightning the OotBK (by the means of her mother, for example), Lelouch will try to find some way to undo that achilles heel so that she can return.
Doesn't matter what happens. He'll save her and they can be together. She'll probably become good friends with Nunnally as well since they need to get close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I think Dann has a strong case because as we see in episode 11,

"You plan on taking every one of my possessions away like that eh?"

I mean the guy's already treating Kallen as one of his possessions. I think she has a strong inside with him now.
Yep, she won. I don't see why everyone isn't celebrating. Her cares for her more than anyone save Nunnally maybe. He loves her and will stop at nothing to save her. She is the LI.

Old 2008-06-22, 18:33   Link #13500
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
If Jeremiah can really undo geass, as we've speculated, and if he's subdued by Zero, and Zero knows Kallen's been mindwiped, Zero would logically bid Jeremiah to undo Kallen's mind-wipe.

But that's far too much speculation in one sentence...
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers