AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 12:51   Link #61
Iridium
Defective JSM-01L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Did you know, btw, the person behind the concept of this anime (I believe she thought out the whole story and all - she directed Mahou Tsukai Tai if I'm not wrong), she actually went to places in Austria and Germany... and while she was there she studied and took photos and detailed observations of various places there, and used them as a base for all the various places in Kinkan-chou... She designed and laid out the whole of Kinkan-chou; I think this is somewhere on the Japanese website.
Ikuko Ito has to be one of the more talented people in the industry. I particularly like her character designs -- not just Tutu and Mahou Tsukai Tai, but Sailormoon SuperS as well. It's just a shame that she isn't involved in more projects than she has been, but I suppose quality outweighs quantity.

She put an amazing amount of research and planning into Tutu. Supposedly, she started on it before she even began Mahou Tsukai Tai. Like you mentioned, the Japanese website has this amazing little Flash map of Kinkan-chou that shows several parts of the town side by side with the actual photographs that she took in Europe in doing her research.

http://www.imagica.com/shop/tutu/background/index.html
Iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 14:01   Link #62
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Aw dammit, now I'm not the only person with a Princess Tutu avatar But I'm the only one with a Fakia avatar...
Lol. Sorry! =P Anyway, didn't Ikuto Ito do "Pretear" also? I just watched that recently, too. It was very good. I think she has an attachment to knights. ^_^

Anyway, do any of you know of any sites with good Princess Tutu fanfics?
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 13:39   Link #63
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
... though Rue's seiyuu Nana Suzuki has done more well known roles (I've siad this before: Kururu from BF (sang one of the ED too), Minazuki from Happy Lesson, Taeko from PA, Hinata from Naruto, Nana from Shichinin no Nana (coincidentially she sang the ED...), blah blah)
It's Nana Mizuki (Mizuki being her surname), not Nana Suzuki.

And Mizuki Nana's had a lot more roles than that... off the top of my head, she was in Happy Lesson, Gravion, and of course she was Kururu in Bottle Fairy. =p
Old 2004-06-01, 14:25   Link #64
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Thank u for the linkIridium that was really cool to see the actual places! i had no idea that much planning was put into Tutu. Well, it really paid off.
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 05:00   Link #65
wao
OK.

For some odd reason, I still haven't found many fansites (fanfic or fanart even) for Princess Tutu... I've found a nice Princess Tutu webring in Japanese, there are some fanart sites there that are pretty nice. http://www.webring.ne.jp/cgi-bin/web...list Of course, this is a pretty easy site to find... I did bookmark a really good one before, but I lost it... There was one pretty funny site that did a sort of crossover with LOTR and Princess Tutu. It was quite weird, but there was this funny poster... Lord Of The Pieces I can't seem to remember who was who... I think Ahiru and Fakir were Frodo and Sam, or something. Meh.

And it seems that someone out there has an Ahiru avatar as well Someone else used to have a Neko-sensei avatar. I haven't changed mine in ages... like my MSN avatar of Tomoe from Rurouni Kenshin...
Old 2004-06-04, 12:11   Link #66
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Bonjour says Ahiru

LOTR cross w/ Tutu? That's gotta be odd!!
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 02:05   Link #67
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Princess Tutu dubbed Ahiru becomes Duck??

According to animeondvd.com and advfilms.com, Ahiru (the main character of Princess Tutu) is going to be renamed "Duck" in the dub (if not subtitled as this name as well, which would really suck since that's the version I would be watching). Yes, I know Ahiru means duck literally, but Duck is not a good name at all for such a cute girl! Why couldn't they have left it Ahiru, and explained that that means duck? Even Duckie I would have taken, cause at least that's cute... but Duck?!? Anyone else think this is really wrong?

link:

http://www.advfilms.com/Press/2004Au...ounced2832.asp
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 02:09   Link #68
Secca
nya`
*Artist

noooooooo Ahiru-chan >_<

People's name should not be translated ever.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 02:30   Link #69
wao
OK.

Argh! While it makes some sense, that's just... wrong sounding! Even though to the Japanese it must have been weird for someone always being called "Duck", it's more common in anime there... to have an animal-sounding name and stuff. But Duck? Argh... It doesn't fit... Ahiru isn't that hard to pronounce either...

Ahhh....quack. :\
Old 2004-08-29, 03:08   Link #70
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I had a horrible premonition that this was going to happen. I am not even a little bit surprised, just very very disappointed. I was hoping despite my judgement that this would not happen.

At the very least they could have done as Jenichan suggested and named her Duckie. That would at least have had the saving grace of being cute.

Brace yourselves everyone. I think we're going to be very unhappy about what they are doing to one of the greatest anime ever.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:18   Link #71
donna8157

Duck?!?! Why couldn't they just stick with the Japanese name, although it still meant duck literally. Sigh. =( That's some really upsetting news because .. can you imagine the little description in the back:

There once was a girl named Duck . . etc etc.

Sigh. =(
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 03:00   Link #72
Secca
nya`
*Artist

It's just doesn't sounds right to translate names.

Ahiru = Duck
Nemu = Sleep
Rakka = Fall down
Naruto = Fish Cake
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 03:44   Link #73
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, they should just stick with the japanese names while putting some notes on the meaning of the names, like

Ahiru = Duck
Kenshin = Heart of Sword

something like that...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 10:52   Link #74
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
The beggining of description on ADV website reads

"Duck is a duck, who has been transformed into a girl. ..."

T_T duck is a duck....that sounds....weird
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 05:48   Link #75
bluemist
i am the mist

The first sighting of a Princess Tutu English dub will not be by ADV, but on the all-anime cable channel Animax-Asia (only available around SE Asia and select Asian countries).

The series will premiere on September 24.
Old 2004-09-02, 05:51   Link #76
wao
OK.

I heard about that somewhere - and me being a big Tutu fan, you can't believe how....

Exasperated I am T_T

I can't believe I can't get to see it on that ONE NETWORK that Singapore is so screwed to not have...

*deep sigh*
Old 2006-01-25, 22:39   Link #77
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Wow I haven't been here in a while. Anyway I just got my volume 3 dvd which contained eps 10-13. And all I have to say is awesome. That ending was great especially the dance off. Anyway anyone seen the Japanese pre-production promotional video? If you haven't watch it asap you dont want to miss fakir and duck action and her full transformation; sooo cute. I hope the rest of the series lives up to the first half.
Off topic: Anyone know where I can get the OST to this?

Last edited by SmartChick; 2006-01-25 at 22:56.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:28   Link #78
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Princess Tutu is one of the most AWESOME mahou shoujo series EVAR!

Fakir's the smex. XD I love him paired with Ahiru-chan-they're the cutest younger girl/older boy couple since Mitsuki and Takuto...*squee*

Is anyone else enjoying the outtakes of hilarity ADV put on for an extra?
*dies*
I think the company has done an outstanding job with this series. There's a very good reason why Ahiru was changed to "Duck" (if they hadn't, a couple scenes wouldn't have made sense in English). There's a commentary on the first DVD that explains it in detail.
Old 2006-02-01, 21:53   Link #79
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Good News people Ikuko Itoh is considering a sequel

According to wmchichiri who went to her panel at Ushicon wmchichiri and others asked her a variety of questions about princess tutu. If your a fan I highly suggest reading this article http://community.livejournal.com/pri...utu/57459.html Enjoy!
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 22:39   Link #80
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
According to wmchichiri who went to her panel at Ushicon wmchichiri and others asked her a variety of questions about princess tutu. If your a fan I highly suggest reading this article http://community.livejournal.com/pri...utu/57459.html Enjoy!
Concerning the sequel... Unfortunately that is the same answer she gave two years ago and the sequel has not yet materialized.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote