AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 00:51   Link #321
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
His middle school self looks badass and high school self is... blah is it really necessary for him to change that much in order to get into a decent high school? Rikka made into high school just fine with her chuunibyou still active.
Is it already established that he changed in order to get into high school? I thought it was either he grew out of it or a point for future plot. Hopefully that wasn't a spoiler..

In any case, my impression is a bit different. I think his high school design is "normal" while the middle school give off an impression of an annoying brat, which is appropriated I'd say.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:10   Link #322
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Is it already established that he changed in order to get into high school? I thought it was either he grew out of it or a point for future plot. Hopefully that wasn't a spoiler..

In any case, my impression is a bit different. I think his high school design is "normal" while the middle school give off an impression of an annoying brat, which is appropriated I'd say.
Since I haven't read the novel, my guess is as good as yours, but it's quite funny his change is quite a leap from badass to ordinary MC appearence wise. Normally, it's suppose to be the other way around: from ordinary MC to badass after something happen to change him.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:23   Link #323
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I would not consider Togashi's middle school self "badass" in any sense of the word.
"Entertaining", maybe.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:37   Link #324
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
This week KyoAni has added comments by the revealed cast on their website. In addition, they informed that the latest issue of the fashion magazine Ranzuki will feature an article on the show. They've also updated character designs for Yuuta, Nibutani, Kumin, and Dekomori. Here's a comparison for Yuuta:
[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg4/ultimatemegax/yuutacomparison.jpg[IMG]
They all have cute expressions (even Yuuta ), but Kumin's are the cutest of all. It's kinda funny how Yuuta has the most variations in expressions, but I guess it makes sense since he's the main character.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:33   Link #325
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Source
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:05   Link #326
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Something feels wrong. Yuuta's expression for one, and then there is the teddy.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:09   Link #327
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Something feels wrong. Yuuta's expression for one, and then there is the teddy.
That uncomfortable feel when a female friend is blissfully unaware of "personal space" and invades yours cheerfully without a care for what it does to your hormone levels and resultant physical reactions.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:24   Link #328
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Point to note: that is somewhat official. It is drawn by the original character designer, Nozomi Osaka, on her pixiv page. It's not directly official, but I can't imagine her being allowed to post it without approval from KyoAni.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:27   Link #329
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm afraid that I may end up hating the lead male. He looks like just another generic "straight man" who hates having fun and always ruins the punchline of every joke.

I know that I like Kyon from the Suzumiya Haruhi series, but that character was exceptionally well written and his lines were actually funny and clever, unlike the vast majority of this archetype.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 18:34   Link #330
sky black swordman

Is the little girl his sister ? She looks like him. Well the hair and eye color do anyway.
Old 2012-08-26, 18:36   Link #331
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Is the little girl his sister ? She looks like him. Well the hair and eye color do anyway.
Ah, come to think of it, she's not been seen in anime art outside of a couple scenes in the PV. Yes, that is Yumeha Togashi, Yuuta's little sister. She's 5 yrs old.

Old 2012-08-27, 01:18   Link #332
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Ah, come to think of it, she's not been seen in anime art outside of a couple scenes in the PV. Yes, that is Yumeha Togashi, Yuuta's little sister. She's 5 yrs old.
Interesting, I'll definitively watch this anime now. By the way, thanks for giving the name.
Old 2012-08-27, 10:03   Link #333
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Yes, that is Yumeha Togashi, Yuuta's little sister. She's 5 yrs old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Interesting, I'll definitively watch this anime now.
Watching for possible incest?:
Old 2012-08-28, 03:07   Link #334
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Watching for possible incest?:
yeah ... but mostly because she's "old enough" :Pedobear:
Old 2012-08-29, 15:51   Link #335
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Dude, 5? -_-

Why don't you take a seat over there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm afraid that I may end up hating the lead male. He looks like just another generic "straight man" who hates having fun and always ruins the punchline of every joke.
He looks like Taichi from Kokoro Connect.

Not getting a good vibe from him either, but all judgments are off until the anime actually airs.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 01:16   Link #336
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I finally got around to seeing the PV for this.

I have to say, that is an excellent PV... if this show was going to be the next Shakugan no Shana or Raildex.

Seriously, if I knew nothing else about this anime, that's what this PV would make me think of: A show that mixes supernatural/sci-fi action with slice of high school life like Shana and Raildex do.

I honestly feel a bit sorry for KyoAni's animators. It's so incredibly obvious that they'd like to do a more action-y show, but they're just not given those sorts of projects to work on.

So while the PV is excellent in and of itself, I wonder if it'll cause a "bait and switch" effect for some people who watch the show? Well, probably not for the hardcore KyoAni fan, as they've already read up on this series a lot. So they won't get tricked by this PV, and will simply get excited by it.

But for wider audiences, I can definitely see that PV setting expectations that this anime just isn't designed to meet.

The PV has reinforced my decision to at least give this show a chance though.
Old 2012-08-30, 01:25   Link #337
Skane
Anime Snark

I dunno, if anything I do applaud them for trying something different. People ragged SHnY's first, they ragged about Lucky Star's first episode, they ragged about Hyouka's lack of mystery, but eventually people got won over and those series became lauded by the majority.

The only miss they have recently, in terms of sales, is Nichijou, which I guess was too niche.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-30, 01:59   Link #338
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Why don't you take a seat over there...
Mr Hansen, it's not what you think! I was just going to tell her it's not good for such a young girl to appear in such a picture with all those lolicon Otaku on Pixiv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Seriously, if I knew nothing else about this anime, that's what this PV would make me think of: A show that mixes supernatural/sci-fi action with slice of high school life like Shana and Raildex do.

I honestly feel a bit sorry for KyoAni's animators. It's so incredibly obvious that they'd like to do a more action-y show, but they're just not given those sorts of projects to work on.
I think many feels the same way about them ... and frankly speaking, despite how much he loves little girls, the dude here is waiting for a new FMP or if they're planning on animating Kyoukai no Kanata in a near future.
Old 2012-08-30, 02:30   Link #339
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Update! In addition to news that the anime will have articles in the latest Nyantype and Megami, we have new character designs!

Yuuta's Mom: (勇太の母)
The person who gave birth to the Dark Flame Master.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
umx note: While the design is new to the anime, this character is not.

Kuzuha Togashi: (富樫樟葉)
The first sibling who shares the blood of the Dark Flame Master.
Images
umx note: While the design is new to the anime, this character is not.

Yumeha Togashi: (富樫夢葉)
The second sibling who shares the blood of the Dark Flame Master.
Images
Makoto Isshiki: (一色誠)
The Dark Flame Master's brethren. This demonic being constantly plans every day to become the best partner one could want in their lives. He continues to add information to his database, the Index Revelation.
Images
umx note: This is the most drastic novel-to-anime character design change thus far. Here's what the novel version looked like:
Images

Old 2012-08-30, 02:33   Link #340
Skane
Anime Snark

I guess they wanted to animate... more hair? They do seem to love their hair pron.

Cheers.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen