nanafan
horo fan

a skip beat anime would be interesting.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 16:36   Link #263
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Blood Hound, I really like Kaori Yuki's stories and i hope some one of these days that great story will be animated

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 18:21   Link #264
FireChick

I think these should be animated.

Yoki Koto Kiku
Kon Kon Kokon
Wish (CLAMP manga)
Hibiki's Magic
Ouchou Haru no Yoi no Romance
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 12:02   Link #265
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
20th Century boys, one of the best manga I've ever read.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 12:45   Link #266
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Mx0 - An easy choice for one that should be turned into an anime.

Yotsubato- Another great comedy.

Ares- I know its a Korean manga giving it less of a chance than others, but it's one I really want to see animated.

Those are my top 3.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 22:24   Link #267
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wish I was filthy rich so I could be a producer to animes like Berserk to get remade.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:00   Link #268
rurouni_samurai

Rave Master and Fairy Tail are on my wish list.

What do these two have in common? Both mangas were done by Hiro Mashima. His works are awesome imo.
rurouni_samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 03:26   Link #269
2Fang
The Korean Hybrid

D. Gray Man,
Q.P,
WORST,
REAL.
2Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 09:30   Link #270
mdauben

IO

I think it really has it all. Love, adventure, mystery and a legitimate exuse for a number of cute girls to be wearing swimming suits all the time.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 10:36   Link #271
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
I've noticed the genres of the manga I read and the anime I watch are more complementary than overlapping. For anime I prefer action and comedy since those translate well to motion.
On the other hand, for manga I prefer more social themes. I read a lot of seinen and josei manga. Lot of which I like but wouldn't really have to see them being transferred to animated form.

But from the action/comedy manga I've got, I would choose these:

- Eden
Very suspenseful manga with lots of hair-rising tense action sequences. The storyboard would have to be good but if the tension would only partially translate to the anime this would be a very exciting.

- 20th Century Boys
Best Naoki Urasawa so far. I think the story and setting would work well for an anime.

- Yotsubato!
Azumanga Daioh anime was a really good adaption of the manga. An equeal approach could be used for Yotsubato and I'm sure it would turn out well.
Old 2008-08-15, 23:59   Link #272
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
I would so like to see Jiraishin by Tsutomu Takahashi animated. Heck, any Takahashi work would satisfy me immensely. Freesia by Jiro Matsumoto would be orgasmic as well. Engaging plots and complex characters compared to most lacklustre mangas out there. Too bad though they don't get much recognition aside from a cult following.
Me too for Jiraishin.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 06:19   Link #273
Same_Shark

The rest of Gravitation and Tsubasa and Gosick.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 07:58   Link #274
Tri-ring

I would definitely recommend 9S by Hayama Toru. Published by Dengeki bunko.

It has the feel of allgreat epic anime.
Various antagonists who has super power abilities, a secret mastermind who leaves clues but no where to be found, a group that tries to track the mastermind, various rival groups that wants the mastermind's secret stash to dominate the world and two protagonist who are caught in the middle.
What else do you ask for?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 08:23   Link #275
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The back portion of GetBackers.
Old 2008-08-17, 08:37   Link #276
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
I've noticed the genres of the manga I read and the anime I watch are more complementary than overlapping. For anime I prefer action and comedy since those translate well to motion.
On the other hand, for manga I prefer more social themes. I read a lot of seinen and josei manga. Lot of which I like but wouldn't really have to see them being transferred to animated form.

But from the action/comedy manga I've got, I would choose these:

- Eden
Very suspenseful manga with lots of hair-rising tense action sequences. The storyboard would have to be good but if the tension would only partially translate to the anime this would be a very exciting.

- 20th Century Boys
Best Naoki Urasawa so far. I think the story and setting would work well for an anime.

- Yotsubato!
Azumanga Daioh anime was a really good adaption of the manga. An equeal approach could be used for Yotsubato and I'm sure it would turn out well.
In case you didn't know, 20th Century boy is going to become a live action three part movie opening August 30th this year.

20 Seiki Shonen
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 09:13   Link #277
MooMooFarm

Ubel Blatt = must retain art style

Gantz again to the current arc. Retcon please. Lol at Nuri arc in anime form if given to Naruto studio.

UxU only if it can be done exactly like the drawing style/color palette/etc etc as the manhwa. This is the greatest paper form of entertainment coming out of Korea.

Maybe more of Im Dal's other works.

Vagabond and Shamo if they can do it without censoring/cutting parts out.

Superior = must retain art style quite "unique/old school beauty" in today's gen.

Air Gear continue to the current arc.

REDO BERSERK.

Deadman Wonderland.

Fairy Tail is a free ride, just One Piece it.

Mx0 = greatest overall japanese manga of it's generation (around the Naruto time or something? o.O well it's definitely the best WSJ along with ES21 though this has the most crappiest ending ever) Must retain quality art style

Highschool of the Dead = purely for perverts. I'm throwing it out there for those people though I don't even read this anymore T_T

Holyland if it continues a bit longer. Easy to get the mood right.

666 Satan = NARUTO IT FOR EZ CASH. NO SHIPPUDEN GHETTO BUDGET PLZ. RAWRRR IM GAI I GO SIX GATES BUT I MOVE SLOWER THAN ROCK LEE WITH FIVE. OH MY FACE TURNS RED BUT GOES NORMAL THEN GOES RED WITHIN THREE SCENES.

Prince of Tennis and Eyeshield 21 Retcon remake = PLEASE STOP BUDGETTING/BUTCHERING. How can there be ANYONE who thinks the anime counter-parts beats the manga with the crap they pull?

Red-Eyes = Yeah uh, this would be insane if someone could get it right. Lol, I don't even see any updates for this T_T why............

Oh and of course given ones being:

Redo Naruto Shippuden and Bleach without GHETTO YET WANTING TO BE IMPORTANT FILLER ARCS, GET A REAL BUDGET AND USE YOUR ANIMATION STUDIO (EVEN SOUL EATER OWNS YOU 3X AS MUCH). Comparing these two shows to something like Seirei No Moribito is a complete joke in terms of fighting quality, and the latter is a slice of life series LOLOLOL.

Oh other series I didn't mention but are alike the ones above like Worst, or Vinland Saga, or etc etc, is mainly because I believe it's 99.9% impossible to make the anime better than the manga counter-part. This is really big on those like Suzuka and other stories that don't have jack to benefit from animation and retains more cuteness/appeal/coolness with manga and would only give you the feeling of FILLER every time you had to watch some stupid scene that doesn't matter. =]
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 11:40   Link #278
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Highschool of the Dead = purely for perverts. I'm throwing it out there for those people though I don't even read this anymore T_T
AHH

Yeah, it's got a lot of ecchi in it (IRONIC that the mangaka for "HSotD" used to do hentai stuff), but I would like to see it animated because it's like what George Romero would do if he got in the anime/manga niche...

*throws out "Dawn of the Dead" cliche*
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:06   Link #279
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Mx0 - An easy choice for one that should be turned into an anime.

Yotsubato- Another great comedy.

Ares- I know its a Korean manga giving it less of a chance than others, but it's one I really want to see animated.

Those are my top 3.
Im gonna have to agree with you there.

Except for ares since i dont know what that is, but yotsubato and Mx0 is definately something i'd like to see animated.

Also my choices would have to be Fairy Tail, and Vagabond indefinately.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:21   Link #280
bob's your uncle

i'd like to see bitter virgin animated
bob's your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote