AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 23:12   Link #1721
fazri
blacksun king

nagi lolicon tendencie starting to show up.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:42   Link #1722
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I think NOT! If Nagi had loli tendencies, he would be doin' the teacher. Also, the woman in his dreams is NOT the young Rinne. (Did the woman in his dream look loli to you?)
This plot crosses a line with memories from previous lives in front of present reality. If you buy the plot direction, irregardless of how things are now, previous things are more weighty.
Don't think after this many chapters things are gonna go to the darkside....
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 20:22   Link #1723
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
I think NOT! If Nagi had loli tendencies, he would be doin' the teacher. Also, the woman in his dreams is NOT the young Rinne. (Did the woman in his dream look loli to you?)
This plot crosses a line with memories from previous lives in front of present reality. If you buy the plot direction, irregardless of how things are now, previous things are more weighty.
Don't think after this many chapters things are gonna go to the darkside....
Have you read Ai Yori Aoshi yet?
Old 2012-07-05, 21:10   Link #1724
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hey Drago, for those of you who don't know, can you tell the viewers at home what darkness was shown in A.Y.A.?
Old 2012-07-05, 21:20   Link #1725
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hey Drago, for those of you who don't know, can you tell the viewers at home what darkness was shown in A.Y.A.?
Other than the past that Kaoru went through, there's not much to talk about. There is the very end when the 'other' Kaoru tricks Aoi into a trap and completely takes over things [kicks the residents out of the house, traps Aoi in the estate, forces Aoi to get engaged to him against her will].

But all of that isn't really all that dark... and I remember that being pretty much the darkest places the story went.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:37   Link #1726
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

until now the practice of marrying 12 years old is not forbidden or shocking in eastern or asian...
at least often escape eventough there are law..

Last edited by alchem1st; 2012-07-05 at 21:56.
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:52   Link #1727
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchem1st View Post
until now the practice of marrying 12 years old is not forbidden or shocking in eastern or assia...
at least often escape eventough there are law..
???? I don't really understand what you are saying... I think you are trying to say that Nagi can marry Rinne, even if it's not legally.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 22:05   Link #1728
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think he's trying to say, don't be so surprised IF the story takes the route of Nagi and Rinne ending up together since some cultures have rules like that and it's not weird for them. Quite honestly, except for a dark gory sad ending that some users seem to want since they can't stand all the happy go lucky romancey stuff, I won't be surprised with what route they may take for the story.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:58   Link #1729
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Yes, I did read A Y A.
I don't see anything in that story-line that put a main character at cultural odds with anyone.
There was some general sexual horseplay and innuendo but no real loli plot lines.
Same with this tale. If you wanna see Rinne in the bath, it's there, but in cultural context.
When I say "darkside" I mean that the plot loses it's upbeat," happy-go-lucky" quality.
If say, Rinne and Nagi hole up on the secret Island and (ick), The whole suspension of disbelief would kick in pretty hard-and probably lose me as a reader. Most H material seems to have no plot anyhoo, much less Character Development
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:47   Link #1730
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Firestalker summed it up well enough. But you should read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
Spoiler for Ai Yori Aoshi:

But all of that isn't really all that dark... and I remember that being pretty much the darkest places the story went.
I find it dark because it was such a drastic change from the previous chapters. I'm sure I'm forgetting some finer details, but I do remember things looked grim and what we had believed to be true all along wasn't quite true.

And please add spoiler tags to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Yes, I did read A Y A.
I don't see anything in that story-line that put a main character at cultural odds with anyone.
There was some general sexual horseplay and innuendo but no real loli plot lines.
Same with this tale. If you wanna see Rinne in the bath, it's there, but in cultural context.
When I say "darkside" I mean that the plot loses it's upbeat," happy-go-lucky" quality.
If say, Rinne and Nagi hole up on the secret Island and (ick), The whole suspension of disbelief would kick in pretty hard-and probably lose me as a reader. Most H material seems to have no plot anyhoo, much less Character Development
I wasn't referring to the plot. Just to how much the mood changed.
Old 2012-07-09, 00:53   Link #1731
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, the author went out of his way to stop the whole "First Girl Wins" trope from being a deciding point. It was found out, discussed, complained about by Karin and Soyogi (lol), then promptly forgotten.
The circumstances that really support the First Girl Wins trope though. Thats the main reason I grew tired of this manga and dropped it. Just dont feel any reason to read it anymore as its clear who wins. What the rest of the manga will do - will only tell how, dropping some darker ball into the plot to keep the tension but nothing else.

You may say - hey its not by MC choice, but it is by the choice of author who controls the circumstances and accidents so that it would lead to the First girl and to the First Girl Wins trope.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 01:20   Link #1732
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The circumstances that really support the First Girl Wins trope though. Thats the main reason I grew tired of this manga and dropped it. Just dont feel any reason to read it anymore as its clear who wins. What the rest of the manga will do - will only tell how, dropping some darker ball into the plot to keep the tension but nothing else.

You may say - hey its not by MC choice, but it is by the choice of author who controls the circumstances and accidents so that it would lead to the First girl and to the First Girl Wins trope.
Actually, to tell you the truth I never really saw Shizuka as a stronger competitor. The thing I liked about this manga is that any time the perspective would flip to a girl, for the rest of that segment I would be convinced she was going to "win".

I can understand how some people would be annoyed at Shizuka always going first, but to be honest until the sex scene I thought Karin was in the lead.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:01   Link #1733
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, to tell you the truth I never really saw Shizuka as a stronger competitor. The thing I liked about this manga is that any time the perspective would flip to a girl, for the rest of that segment I would be convinced she was going to "win".

I can understand how some people would be annoyed at Shizuka always going first, but to be honest until the sex scene I thought Karin was in the lead.
Thats not true. I once had an argument with someone of the forums on how this manga prefers Shizuka over others and even went to the length of counting pages and chapters that focused on each of the heroine. The result was bit surprising as Shizuka had 9 chapter advantage over Karin (I counted up til chpater 52 I think) and 16 over Soyogi.

Poeple say that she won fair and squire as she had the best suited personality but in truth that was the only outcome since she had so much more development as she had much higher chapter and page focus over other girls.

The author clearly preferred her through and through.

Even on chapters that focused on all three girls Shizuka always were the one to get double pages.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:15   Link #1734
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

She was the first girl.
She takes most, if not all, the firsts.
She is the main maiden.
She gets the most focus and screen-time.
She is set up as the poor girl with nobody else but Nagi (She's basically the princess or the saint, too holy for everyone else to get close to so she has no friends or anyone close...meaning only Nagi can get close to her)

I want Karin to win, Karin is my favourite one of the girls and she has the best personality for me (plus I think she and Nagi are a great match) but the way everything is set up...I agree with Darknemo...why bother continuing if we already know that Shizuka is the final girl and everything else will be the author trolling the fans around like he did with the 3 days thing? He trolled us basically, he had already set his mind that Shizuka would get first...then made all those situations just so the fans of the other girls would get their hopes up. It's annoying and really made me drop the manga...I only picked it up again because I heard about the focus on Rinne and wanted to see what it was about.

I'm going to keep reading...but if the author keeps trolling us like this I'll drop it for good. I just like Karin too much to see her put into positions where she gets ahead only for it to be a huge troll move and have Shizuka get ahead again. Just have Shizuka and Nagi start dating monogamously already if that's what you damn want anyway...just have Nagi tell Karin and Soyogi that he'll stay with Shizuka...just stop trolling the fans of the other girls...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:12   Link #1735
Arturro

I agree with the posters above, Shizuka is most probably the final girl. In my opinion she is the least "real" girl. Karin is my favorite mostly because she has fallen in Nagi before he accepted him as a dragon god. Well, before she has fallen for him he was actually an atheist . For other girls it was duty first, love later.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:49   Link #1736
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Thats not true. I once had an argument with someone of the forums on how this manga prefers Shizuka over others and even went to the length of counting pages and chapters that focused on each of the heroine. The result was bit surprising as Shizuka had 9 chapter advantage over Karin (I counted up til chpater 52 I think) and 16 over Soyogi.

Poeple say that she won fair and squire as she had the best suited personality but in truth that was the only outcome since she had so much more development as she had much higher chapter and page focus over other girls.

The author clearly preferred her through and through.

Even on chapters that focused on all three girls Shizuka always were the one to get double pages.
If you count only the first 50 chapters it would be easy to come to the conclusion that Shizuku is the only one that matters. She is the first character introduced to Nagi and the one who is nicest to him. She is the only one to focus on him as a person and as a solution to her lonely existence. In comparison Soyogi is a non-entity, treating him first as scum to be expelled from the island and then as a piece of meat with which to accomplish an unpleasant duty. You can walk around naked all you want but that attitude is not sexy. Karin is even more bipolar attacking him first as a pervert and later as a prize in a maiden's contest. Better than Soyogi but still not connecting emotionally.

By about Okuhime Island everything changes, and I think a page count of the second half would bear this out. Shizuku fades to the background for much of the second half as Karin and Soyogi get major character development as well as major solo screen time. Up until the cave I find it hard to say that Shizuku was still ahead any time except immediately following her solo chapters unless you are factoring in the first girl trope. Until she dropped her robe in the cave I would guesstimate that she was far behind the others in topless or nude scenes. So I would trust the author and set back and enjoy the ride. Unless you have some information that this is soon to finish I don't believe the contest has yet been decided or that a three or four way tie is not as likely as any other outcome.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:06   Link #1737
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
If you count only the first 50 chapters it would be easy to come to the conclusion that Shizuku is the only one that matters. She is the first character introduced to Nagi and the one who is nicest to him. She is the only one to focus on him as a person and as a solution to her lonely existence. In comparison Soyogi is a non-entity, treating him first as scum to be expelled from the island and then as a piece of meat with which to accomplish an unpleasant duty. You can walk around naked all you want but that attitude is not sexy. Karin is even more bipolar attacking him first as a pervert and later as a prize in a maiden's contest. Better than Soyogi but still not connecting emotionally.

By about Okuhime Island everything changes, and I think a page count of the second half would bear this out. Shizuku fades to the background for much of the second half as Karin and Soyogi get major character development as well as major solo screen time. Up until the cave I find it hard to say that Shizuku was still ahead any time except immediately following her solo chapters unless you are factoring in the first girl trope. Until she dropped her robe in the cave I would guesstimate that she was far behind the others in topless or nude scenes. So I would trust the author and set back and enjoy the ride. Unless you have some information that this is soon to finish I don't believe the contest has yet been decided or that a three or four way tie is not as likely as any other outcome.
As far as I know the scenes of her focus only increased.

Nudeness in many cases does not show progress. In some cases the girl is only used for the fanservice. best example would be Evangelion manga remake Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku where you have the usual triangle between Asuka/Rei and Shinji. And Asuka leads in the fanservice, pantyshots and nearly nude shots but its clear that Rei is the main heroine since Asuka's shots are mostly fanservice while the most emotional development is about Rei.

I dropped ISIK for the same reason as I dropped Umi no Misaki - I already know who, there is no tension whatsoever. There is no guessing. The only way you can be guessing is if you have very little experience of reading Romance manga.

There is always a chance of Ichigo100% to happen. Author can always pull a surprise but I am afraid this author isnt that original. Not to mention that the other girl would need to compete the focus on the main heroine and that havent happened in Umi no Misaki - sure other girls had their moment but the plot focus advantage that Shizuka has over them makes their development skin-deep.

It is pretty clear who will win and whom author focuses on. Want to bet that Shizuku will be the end girl? Seriously?

Karin and Soyogi doesnt have a snowball in hell chance here. Oh yes the author throws in some teaisng shots here and there but the main significant progress still goes focused on the main girl. And in this manga its so obvious it makes me want to puke.
Old 2012-07-13, 13:27   Link #1738
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
As far as I know the scenes of her focus only increased.
So you made me count... Chapters 53-100. 48 chapters plus 4 extras. Using an objective standard for each chapter of at least a half dozen pages per maiden with Nagi or a support character or alone, and no one else reaches that minimum. Support characters can win a chapter if no maiden qualifies. Results:

Shizuku . 12 chapters
Soyogi . . 12 chapters
Karin . . . . 7 chapters
Rinne. . . . 3 chapters
Mike . . . . 3 chapters
Sensei. . . 1 chapter
none . . . 15 chapters

Between chapters 56-91 Shizuku was the lead in only 3 chapters while the others got major screen time. So what is the point? It is not that Shizuku can't win or that the author does not favor her, but that unlike many other harem manga the playing field has been leveled and two (now three) other girls have been given an equal opportunity to earn MCs affections and he has returned their feelings in spades. UnM is not AYA where there was one main couple who became engaged and all the other girls who showed up out of nowhere were just distractions or temptations, even though the main couple never seemed to realize that they were of the opposite sex.

That leads me to the second reason why this manga is different from most others and deserves to be read. Nagi has not been neutered, as can be attested by all in a position to know. While shy and inexperienced, he is both willing and able (after a couple of false starts) of pleasuring a woman. He is smart, sensitive, doesn't fall on girls, and has a knack for saying the right thing that we all wish we had. Unlike most of the losers inhabiting harem manga, it is not so unbelievable that he would attract more than his share of women.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:43   Link #1739
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
So you made me count... Chapters 53-100. 48 chapters plus 4 extras. Using an objective standard for each chapter of at least a half dozen pages per maiden with Nagi or a support character or alone, and no one else reaches that minimum. Support characters can win a chapter if no maiden qualifies. Results:

Shizuku . 12 chapters
Soyogi . . 12 chapters
Karin . . . . 7 chapters
Rinne. . . . 3 chapters
Mike . . . . 3 chapters
Sensei. . . 1 chapter
none . . . 15 chapters

Between chapters 56-91 Shizuku was the lead in only 3 chapters while the others got major screen time. So what is the point? It is not that Shizuku can't win or that the author does not favor her, but that unlike many other harem manga the playing field has been leveled and two (now three) other girls have been given an equal opportunity to earn MCs affections and he has returned their feelings in spades. UnM is not AYA where there was one main couple who became engaged and all the other girls who showed up out of nowhere were just distractions or temptations, even though the main couple never seemed to realize that they were of the opposite sex.

That leads me to the second reason why this manga is different from most others and deserves to be read. Nagi has not been neutered, as can be attested by all in a position to know. While shy and inexperienced, he is both willing and able (after a couple of false starts) of pleasuring a woman. He is smart, sensitive, doesn't fall on girls, and has a knack for saying the right thing that we all wish we had. Unlike most of the losers inhabiting harem manga, it is not so unbelievable that he would attract more than his share of women.
You have to take into account that her lead above other girls is big already, even though if chap[ters are more or less exually spread the advantage she has over other is still immense. Nagi's reaction around her is different than with other two girls.

Chapter count is not the only thing but chapter indicate the focus and focus indicate the development and development indicate the girl who will win.

She is in the lead and she will win. Other girl scenes at this point feel more like a fanservice, like throwing a bone to a hungry fanboys so that they would not stop reading the manga.
Old 2012-07-13, 17:24   Link #1740
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Nishino won with having no screentime for 100 chapters or so
You can't explain that!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen