AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 19:08   Link #2961
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressiveManiac View Post
Yeah, I can see that. It just... really bothers me. World is all happy and all, but Nunnally is emotionally damaged, lost everything, got a fate worse then death, and has to live with that and her sins (Comeon, does anyone really believe that Lelouch's death actually did anything but make her own sins more appearent? I didn't think so...) for the rest of her life. That, to me, sounds like a downer ending
You make it sound just like the Nightmare of Nunnally manga where Lelouch is killed during his rebellion.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:09   Link #2962
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yes we do. Watch the episode again.
No we don't see his hand when he dies. I did a video of it :

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:10   Link #2963
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
I’ll admit, the ending had me going “WTF?! I don’t like it.” But after watching it again I changed my opinion. And since so much of the ending was left to be figured out, that means I can decide how the ending goes for myself. I believe Lelouch was immortal and is living secretly with C.C. I like the way her eyes shifted upwards after saying that last line. Orange-kun, I liked his ending it was cool that he was able to look past the tarnished nick-name given to him and even made a life out of it. Kallen I don’t think should have had such a sad ending, the character deserved so much more, but no matter, Nunnally suffered the most crucial fate in the end. To hear her say that just living life with her brother was all she wanted in the first place made even thing Lelouch did almost for nothing. Even though she did see what Lelouch was really trying to accomplish in the end she was still left without the one thing she wanted most.

Overall the ending was perfect; I really hope that wagon driver is Lelouch, too many facts point to Lelouch having obtained Charles’ immortality so that’s what I believe. That one month gap in between where Lelouch was in the World of C with Suzaku and when he became emperor could explain so much. My imagination is running wild.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:12   Link #2964
DepressiveManiac
Insanely Depressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
You make it sound just like the Nightmare of Nunnally manga where Lelouch is killed during his rebellion.
Naaah. Nunnally was uberly-Yandere in Nightmare of Nunnally... not that I mind that.
DepressiveManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:12   Link #2965
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryo View Post
I’ll admit, the ending had me going “WTF?! I don’t like it.” But after watching it again I changed my opinion. And since so much of the ending was left to be figured out, that means I can decide how the ending goes for myself. I believe Lelouch was immortal and is living secretly with C.C. I like the way her eyes shifted upwards after saying that last line. Orange-kun, I liked his ending it was cool that he was able to look past the tarnished nick-name given to him and even made a life out of it. Kallen I don’t think should have had such a sad ending, the character deserved so much more, but no matter, Nunnally suffered the most crucial fate in the end. To hear her say that just living life with her brother was all she wanted in the first place made even thing Lelouch did almost for nothing. Even though she did see what Lelouch was really trying to accomplish in the end she was still left without the one thing she wanted most.

Overall the ending was perfect; I really hope that wagon driver is Lelouch, too many facts point to Lelouch having obtained Charles’ immortality so that’s what I believe. That one month gap in between where Lelouch was in the World of C with Suzaku and when he became emperor could explain so much. My imagination is running wild.
Definitely, he is alive. That cart driver is definitely him..I mean it's the last episode why would they waste a scene on a cart driver? C'mon now..
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:16   Link #2966
Darkonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Not true at all, his hand was already eaten, we don't see his hand.

Narona in that pic of the wedding for your sig, is that Euphy on the bottom right?
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:18   Link #2967
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:

haha dude that's exactly how i felt. Hated it when i first saw it but after i saw the subs i like the ending.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:18   Link #2968
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Don't have to be a Suzaku fan to realize that he coulda dodged the southerlands otherwise hes insane plane and simple.

And for other theorys of the Britanians not knowing anything about Zero Requiem probably true but most of his soldiers are under geass still so it wouldn't matter, Also theres Orange-Kun saying go on Masked-Knight he most likely was informed of the plan and understanding his orders went alot with the plan to retreat and let Zero be basked in glory as the killer of the Demon Emperor. Lelouch probably is the driver of the cart he probably took Charles Gi Britanias code and is going to be with C.C during age of peace now.

The thing I think wrong with my theory of the soldiers being undergeass is we dunno if when you get a code does the geass effect ware off, maybe like what happened with Nunally it wore off or when Charles died. Maybe an R3 I kinda hope so just see what happened good cliffhanger but meh ^.^
Once again it's Wards not Sutherlands. And Suzaku can't run on the speed of light he could have got hit even if just 1% chance. Lelouch want to make his plan perfect, so it's my theory that Lelouch ordered the two Knightmare in front to miss intentionally. Then Lelouch told Orange before the parade started to stop the other knightmares from firing once Suzaku get past the two knightmare in front.

Anyway, I agree on what you said about Lelouch getting the code from Charles.
Please join the Leouch Lives fanclub if you're not a member yet.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=144
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:19   Link #2969
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
Narona in that pic of the wedding for your sig, is that Euphy on the bottom right?
No I believe it's that one girl who snatched Lelouch's hat off his head during the cupid-thing Milly started.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:19   Link #2970
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai View Post
Definitely, he is alive. That cart driver is definitely him..I mean it's the last episode why would they waste a scene on a cart driver? C'mon now..
To make taurds who would never have accepted Lulu's death anyway stay on edge long enuff to buy the potential new DVD material that allows Sunrise to rape our minds and wallets again...I think it's odd though because whether or not he's the driver of that cart (which has not been substantiated in any fashion) does that totally change the series? Did it go from -1 to +10 for you? If it does that's sad...Because anyones whose entire opinion of this season changes just with that aren't people who I look up to...
Old 2008-09-29, 19:22   Link #2971
hero147

Well...Lelouch used his Geass to kill Charles and Marianne with his "Be Gone" command. And we know that a high-leveled Geass is needed to kill its predecessor. Maybe Lelouch doesn't need contact with Charles to absorb the code, maybe you only need to kill the person with the code using the Geass...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:23   Link #2972
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressiveManiac View Post
Yeah, I can see that. It just... really bothers me. World is all happy and all, but Nunnally is emotionally damaged, lost everything, got a fate worse then death, and has to live with that and her sins (Comeon, does anyone really believe that Lelouch's death actually did anything but make her own sins more appearent? I didn't think so...) for the rest of her life. That, to me, sounds like a downer ending

EDIT: Infact, it's even on that page...
One of the reasons why I believe the whole thing could have ended after Charles' death. Schneizel, and Lelouch agree to work together with the UFN to improve the world.

Its certainly a lot more realistic than Lelouch dying somehow causing world peace since he was a douchebag for two whole months.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:25   Link #2973
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
To make taurds who would never have accepted Lulu's death anyway stay on edge long enuff to buy the potential new DVD material that allows Sunrise to rape our minds and wallets again...I think it's odd though because whether or not he's the driver of that cart (which has not been substantiated in any fashion) does that totally change the series? Did it go from -1 to +10 for you? If it does that's sad...Because anyones whose entire opinion of this season changes just with that aren't people who I look up to...
Why would you look up to someone for sucha reason? However, it's not that Lelouch being a wagon driver gave the show a perfect ending, it the fact that Lelouch is still alive. It's sad to think after all is said and done Lelouch had to die, but thinking/knowing/believeing he is still alive makes the ending better for some. I would have dropped the the ending score too if I thought for sure Lelouch was dead.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:25   Link #2974
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
In my perspective...If Lelouch is confirmed dead, I won't buy the series. I won't buy any anime that end with a low note, simply because I hate being depressed. I like to buy great animes that end with a happy round of applause. The ending just tore me up inside, and I really don't want to feel that again.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:30   Link #2975
Freya

Dam.....now I know why Lelouch never wanted Kallen to be with him. Roflmao.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:30   Link #2976
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well geez unless IF lelouch not only he turn his parents to dust maybe he "secretly" two eyes geass power to absorb them to have the ability to get the code & that how nuna got flash of memories from lelouch to understand him.

of course you might this to me "theroies" list
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2420

& nearly 150pages & 3000posts well this is just really like combine dark knight + macross frontier + sozin's comet + any other etc in 2008 = r2=25 aka "re:"
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:32   Link #2977
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
In my perspective...If Lelouch is confirmed dead, I won't buy the series. I won't buy any anime that end with a low note, simply because I hate being depressed. I like to buy great animes that end with a happy round of applause. The ending just tore me up inside, and I really don't want to feel that again.

Was it the ending I wanted?

No, my top three endings

1. Ougi screams at Schneizel, and Lelouch that by acting like a bunch of douchebags that millions have died that didn't need to die. Schneizel, and Lelouch agree to work together for peace.
2. Zero Requiem works, but upon finding out that Lelouch has code, Kallen blasts Lelouch and C.C into the sun along with the Damocles to get rid of Geass, and Code.
3. The Ideon appears and blows up the universe

but I feel it works better with Lelouch dead, for the reasons I have already given, it makes his sacrifice real.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:34   Link #2978
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Was it the ending I wanted?

No, my top three endings

1. Ougi screams at Schneizel, and Lelouch that by acting like a bunch of douchebags that millions have died that didn't need to die. Schneizel, and Lelouch agree to work together for peace.
2. Zero Requiem works, but upon finding out that Lelouch has code, Kallen blasts Lelouch and C.C into the sun along with the Damocles to get rid of Geass, and Code.
3. The Ideon appears and blows up the universe

but I feel it works better with Lelouch dead, for the reasons I have already given, it makes his sacrifice real.
Blows them into the sun? That means she defeats Suzaku and has the energy left to do all that?
Old 2008-09-29, 19:36   Link #2979
Un1234l

Quote:
Why would you look up to someone for sucha reason? However, it's not that Lelouch being a wagon driver gave the show a perfect ending, it the fact that Lelouch is still alive. It's sad to think after all is said and done Lelouch had to die, but thinking/knowing/believeing he is still alive makes the ending better for some. I would have dropped the the ending score too if I thought for sure Lelouch was dead.
Some people hope for something like this. Tragic heroes. I admit I love tragic heroes. But still.. there was a part of me that wished he was still alive.
But all in all, the ending was almost perfect for me. I wished they could have developed the stories of other characters as well, but alas... I argued in my mind which would have been better:

Lelouch dying after causing total hell and making everyone hate him
Lelouch living after causing total hell and making everyone hate him.

It was time to repent for his sins. He had good intentions that lasted throughout his life. But many obstacles stood in his way, and as a result, he... became a murderer. He was destined to fall, as had Light. But he went down nobly; done for the greater good.

Had he lived, I would imagine the world wouldn't be peaceful like how it was in the epilogue. He knew that full well, and chose to follow his original and main desire: to make the world a better place. That could only be done with his death, as the world would just try to rebel against an "unjust, tyrant dictator," which was the kind of person he was in everyone's eye but Suzaku's, Jeremiah's, and C.C.'s.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:38   Link #2980
SuperJiwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Personally I like a dramatic ending. Like where the hero saves the day but loses his life, etc. Completely happy endings are pretty stale to me, since they seem to encompass like 90% of American movies. (They seem to like absolute domination of Good over Evil, perhaps have the hero teabag the pathetic villain's corpse all throughout the credits) It was actually a pretty good ending in my opinion, very emotional and enjoyable.

But hey, it is a pretty open ended ending. If it makes you feel better, just say Lelouch is still alive to yourself and no one can really disprove you, as long as there isn't a director's commentary on the DVD that says, "Yep, he's dead."
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote