AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 03:39   Link #41
cyth
Banned

Kamio Misuzu basically has a mental disorder... ಠ_ಠ
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:01   Link #42
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Kamio Misuzu basically has a mental disorder... ಠ_ಠ
Now hold on, I never said that anyone with any sort of disorder or deformity was automatically not cute overall. Misuzu is cute, but do you find her tendency to cry when she makes a friend "cute"? That disorder/curse specifically is not cute or enticing at all, explaining why she had no friends in school, even though many of her peers tried to befriend her. This does not change the fact that just about every other aspect of her is very cute (well, except the Kanna thing ).

Imagine a real life Misuzu, and things get a whole lot worse, since there's no traveling magician to understand where she's coming from and help her. My point is, flaws aren't considered good things, which is why they're flawed. What should and shouldn't be flaws is a raging discussion to be had somewhere else.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:05   Link #43
cyth
Banned

That's your opinion then, some of us find that cute. Heck, I even find RL girls with certain disorders kind of moe. :V
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:14   Link #44
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
That's your opinion then, some of us find that cute. Heck, I even find RL girls with certain disorders kind of moe. :V
Let me clarify that in my original statement, "Because having mental disorders is not moe moe. Being tsundere, however, is.", I was referring to one of the real life equivalents of tsundere as bipolar. I'm also saying that real life problems, like bipolarism, tend to be overlooked or exaggerated in fiction to a point where it is no longer a flaw, but rather a funny or endearing character trait, hence one type of tsundere. TV rarely puts an obvious problem on a character, then expect you to take that character seriously. You either laugh it off, a salvation that you don't usually enjoy when witnessing such behavior in real life, or take pity.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:08   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

This is why I like the tsunderes who start out somewhat closed, then open up, as opposed to the ones who just flip through emotional masks on a dime.
I strongly agree with you here. I love the classic tsundere who genuinely changes over time, and doesn't simply switch constantly and randomly back and forth between harsh and sweet throughout the entire anime. I mean, I don't expect (or necessarily want) the "tsuntsun" side to disappear entirely, but I do like it when the tsundere goes from mostly "tsuntsun" to mostly "deredere". That feels like meaningful character development interwoven with good relationship development interwoven with actual plot progression.
Old 2010-07-12, 13:37   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some qualification notes on cultural differences: japanese society tends to pretend "mental illness" doesn't exist. So rarely are people *treated* for mental disorders or neurotic problems, usually the community/family/friends just try to work around the problem.
So... what in the US or Europe might immediately get you put in therapy or on drugs (assuming you can afford it) is just part of the daily experience in Japan.
Old 2010-07-12, 15:53   Link #47
kitten320

There are tsundere in real world, they might be all sweet with you but be damn mean to someone else. Or other way around.

Or someone is all happy but then just cracks and gets mad and sad.
Old 2010-07-13, 12:23   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought the whole, 'quickly reverting from Tsun to dere or vice versa' was because of an inability to Spit It Out to her love interest. So I'm not sure how you can date or even marry and Tsundere...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 23:16   Link #49
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Once I went to a Tsundere cafe in Akihabara when I was visiting Japan. It was very odd...
Old 2010-07-15, 03:01   Link #50
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
Once I went to a Tsundere cafe in Akihabara when I was visiting Japan. It was very odd...
Did she give you a special Tsundere Slap? Not because you pissed her off, but because that's apparently cute?
Old 2010-07-15, 03:34   Link #51
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Did she give you a special Tsundere Slap? Not because you pissed her off, but because that's apparently cute?
No, no, they must have to had bring out the food blushing, and say something like "It's not like I made it for you or anything, I just happen to make to much. So you can have some, so it doesn't go to waste.". They're only suppose to tsundere slap you, if you do something teasing, stupid, or give them a bad tip .

As just being violent randomly would be more like a Yandere cafe; I think that might be a bad idea to have for various reasons .

P.S. Just speculation since obivously I've never been to one either.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 03:39   Link #52
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
As just being violent randomly would be more like a Yandere cafe; I think that might be a bad idea to have for various reasons .
Pay 10000 yen to get "backstabbed". Sign your waiver forms first, gentlemen.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:42   Link #53
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I saw lots of tsundere in my life....during my high school...
The type of keeps teasing you and act like they do not care when in groups, but start to be shy and suddenly become quiet when stay alone with you. They do not say "it's not like i want to give you a copy of my note, it's just because the teacher told me to do so" through...
Old 2010-07-15, 12:26   Link #54
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
No, no, they must have to had bring out the food blushing, and say something like "It's not like I made it for you or anything, I just happen to make to much. So you can have some, so it doesn't go to waste.". They're only suppose to tsundere slap you, if you do something teasing, stupid, or give them a bad tip .

P.S. Just speculation since obivously I've never been to one either.
Hm... Yandere cafe... If I were a girl, I'd work at one!

but anyway, you pretty much got everything right. When you go in, they act all rude like when you first walk in: "What do you want?" then they toss the menu in the general direction. But then they get really clingy and act all cute when you start to finish your meal/leave. It was fun, but I prefer "Little Sister" cafes more :P
Old 2010-07-15, 13:59   Link #55
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
Hm... Yandere cafe... If I were a girl, I'd work at one!

but anyway, you pretty much got everything right. When you go in, they act all rude like when you first walk in: "What do you want?" then they toss the menu in the general direction. But then they get really clingy and act all cute when you start to finish your meal/leave. It was fun, but I prefer "Little Sister" cafes more :P
Do they say "It's not like i prepare this specifically for you.... i just made it too much..." or something like that?

That's like the central stereotype spirit of the whole tsundere thing.... like Australia with kangaroo or Canada with snow...
Old 2010-07-15, 14:17   Link #56
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Do they say "It's not like i prepare this specifically for you.... i just made it too much..." or something like that?

That's like the central stereotype spirit of the whole tsundere thing.... like Australia with kangaroo or Canada with snow...
Indeed they did! Whenever tsunderes say that, I can't help but smile
Old 2010-07-24, 16:06   Link #57
Salt
the cynic

I suppose Tsunderes are fun in anime because you are viewing it from a 3rd person perspective, and in anime they are incredibly easy to "read" (the 3rd person perspective helps).

How you would deal with one in RL would depend on how well you can "read" her, I guess.
Old 2010-07-24, 17:31   Link #58
Yushi

For some reason I always thought that tsunderes would be more common in men because they have to uphold that 'tough masculine' exterior. So if they accidentally let some softness out (ex. aww at a kitty), they would get embarassed and hide it with anger or something.

Then again, I guess tsundere guys just aren't liked as much as tsundere girls :P
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 00:43   Link #59
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Then again, I guess tsundere guys just aren't liked as much as tsundere girls :P
This is correct. As a straight male kuutsundere, I don't remember how many times I was asked in highschool if I was gay, even after VERY EXPLICITLY denying it! AND YET THEY JUST KEPT DOING THING LIKE THAT THAT WOULD AGRIVATE ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (In case you couldn't tell, I'm not really the physical abuse tsundere type, but if you REALLY repetitively provoke me, I will physically retaliate)

...it didn't hit me until after HS and when I descovered the "tsundere" archetype that, just like a guy having fun teasing a tsundere girl, that they just loved seeing me get all ralled up - hence why they'd smirk and laugh.

Anyway, the point is, tsundere, even though typically seen in tomboys, just doesn't come off as normal for guys - it apparently gives off some "gay" undertones. (Remember, tomboys still have some feminine traits - they're not full-on butch.) This I believe results in females being not that interested for dating and stuff, because you're not enough like an actual guy - you're stuck somewhere in the middle, usually the "sort of a friend" territory. (heck I get along with my sister's friends who are usually at least slightly tomboy, much more than most guys I've ever known.)

I think the main reason why male tsunderes are rare is because they're usually "jerks with hearts of gold" instead - which in a way is a more masculine version of the tsundere, which itself makes 'tsundere' feminine, which is obviously bad for straight guys, so they try to compensate. (I however, thanks in part to my additional kuudere streak and general geekiness, really couldn't care less about my "macho" image)

This theory is also supported by my... uh... well, for now let's just say a certain not-so-masculine interest and um... fetish actually >_>. Let's just say that if I suddenly woke up female, I wouldn't really mind it (but remember, I'm straight man, so I'm NOT a transsexual, nor am I actively seeking out such things, but it's not like I'd mind and there is that fetish thing I mentioned...let's just say I'd definitely be a tomboy and not butch - and yes I like yuri, in fact very much so - heck I even like, um... futa...). Either way, if I was like that, people would probably be able to really bring out the true tsundere in me.

I just registered for this, and I don't exactly have a day job, so if anyone actually cares for some kuudere/tsundere/kuutsundere opinions, insight, etc, I'll see what I can do.

And if anyone cares, yes, I too relate very much to Sackett's story, except actually to the girl >_>; Just replace her with me and I'd react darn near exactly the same. I've also noticed this relating-to-ness with several tsunderes like Ikuno Komaki (my self-proclaimed "clone") and Rin Tohsaka (my waifu and ALMOST clone)

Oh and yes, call me cute and you WILL get some tsun (though if I deem your method too lame, you'll probably just get some "kuu")

OK, that's it for "inside the mind of NM64: the straight male kuutsundere". Now go away, shoo. You won't get any more emotional crap from me tonight.

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2010-12-12 at 05:48.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 04:50   Link #60
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
/snip/
hmm, I'm a lot like that too! I hate being called gay. I've even had girlfriends in the past! T.T (not that I have anything against people that ARE like that. I respect people's decisions. Unless they "decide" to call me gay.)