AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-11, 16:11   Link #1
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Red Eyes (by Jun Shindo)

Tried to find a threat on this (I swore I thought) it was here, but I'll make one now. If anyone finds it, let me know and I'll ask the mods to merge it.

Quite an interesting one. Based on the fact that...

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-09-12, 05:17   Link #2
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Hm... that's funny, there seems to be some strange discrepancy between the official versions and the current english scans.

In the TW official licensed version (and source japanese) the *** turned into the CPDU (Circum-Pacific Democratic Union) while in eng it was DUPE (Democratic Union for Peace of Earth). Guess the translators of english were fooling around (dupe, hah!).

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-09-12 at 06:01.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:34   Link #3
lightbringer
M9000

Red Eyes is quite an atrocity of a manga, filled with some rather absurd moments. A commander of a special forces unit is betrayed by his unit, framed to make it look like he killed allied troops. Then his country surrenders to the enemy who he supposedly sided with, yet he is still sentenced to death (shouldn't the enemy see him as a hero and pressure the surrendered country for his release?). While escaping from death row to go on a revenge quest (against the chief traitor, who conveniently turns out to have a secret agenda having to do with world domination/destruction) he ironically commits the exact crime he was sentenced for - killing soldiers from his own country. While he's at it, he caps some other death row inmates for good measure. Later he picks up a 15 year old war orphan girl and manages to stain her hands with blood, too. A mad scientist hands over his best combat armor to him despite knowing that he's a death row escapee. Somewhere along the way he loses sight of his goal to the point that he questions what he fights for, but not before joining a rebel army which welcomes him as a hero despite his reputation having been dragged through the mud (well, they do need his strength after all). It had some promise at the very beginning but then just degenerates into god knows what.
Old 2010-09-12, 17:32   Link #4
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
It's cleché no doubt, personally I'm more drawn to the settings.
Old 2010-09-12, 18:17   Link #5
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Red Eyes is quite an atrocity of a manga, filled with some rather absurd moments. A commander of a special forces unit is betrayed by his unit, framed to make it look like he killed allied troops. Then his country surrenders to the enemy who he supposedly sided with, yet he is still sentenced to death (shouldn't the enemy see him as a hero and pressure the surrendered country for his release?). While escaping from death row to go on a revenge quest (against the chief traitor, who conveniently turns out to have a secret agenda having to do with world domination/destruction) he ironically commits the exact crime he was sentenced for - killing soldiers from his own country. While he's at it, he caps some other death row inmates for good measure. Later he picks up a 15 year old war orphan girl and manages to stain her hands with blood, too. A mad scientist hands over his best combat armor to him despite knowing that he's a death row escapee. Somewhere along the way he loses sight of his goal to the point that he questions what he fights for, but not before joining a rebel army which welcomes him as a hero despite his reputation having been dragged through the mud (well, they do need his strength after all). It had some promise at the very beginning but then just degenerates into god knows what.
This is hilarious! And I thought Bleach was bad
Old 2010-09-12, 18:51   Link #6
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

i read it just for the action. read 13 vol in one sitting. not bad but things are going slow in terms of plot in recent volumes.
Also just noticed that a new group is doing red eyes for english. they released ch28 2 days ago.
Old 2010-09-13, 13:39   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The new chapter shows

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-09-13, 16:13   Link #8
Wror

hey Angrypokstick, can i know where you found all these 13vol please! i'm locking for them!

The new group which you're talking about (manga sketchbook?) is only at the 28th chapter!
Old 2010-09-13, 23:20   Link #9
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wror View Post
hey Angrypokstick, can i know where you found all these 13vol please! i'm locking for them!

The new group which you're talking about (manga sketchbook?) is only at the 28th chapter!
do you read Chinese. cause that's what they are in.
Old 2010-09-14, 01:21   Link #10
Wror

No, i don't but i hope there is scantrad group for this...
Old 2010-09-15, 18:16   Link #11
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Manga Sketchbook did the translation with another group IIRC.

Anyway, I liked it because of the badassery and since a lot of real world stuff there like the GIGN. Except that it doesn't have links to the French one since the manga implied that it was

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Closed Thread

Tags
red eyes