AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 23:50   Link #161
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's funny that its the elf guy NPC that swings both ways, I guess its for those guys out there who have Legalos fantasies lmao
I actually like him XD he's awesome. having him and Wynne in a group is funny as hell XD
Old 2009-11-13, 23:59   Link #162
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Heh, I guess I'll find out more when I get it. I'll be picking it up on Monday since I'm busy this weekend.

What I don't like though is that the females are hotter in the artworks in comparison to the 3d version... kinda sad... Morrigan was smoking hot in the poster art, but very meh in the game from what I saw in screenshots...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 00:06   Link #163
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Concept art is always like that... for pretty much anything.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:45   Link #164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Heh, I guess I'll find out more when I get it. I'll be picking it up on Monday since I'm busy this weekend.

What I don't like though is that the females are hotter in the artworks in comparison to the 3d version... kinda sad... Morrigan was smoking hot in the poster art, but very meh in the game from what I saw in screenshots...
she's just as hot ingame, on high graphics of course.

but this game doesnt do much justice for female characters. 90% of the ones i came across are either Crazy/backstabing bitch/mean/weird nice or just plain awkward.
the only woman in this game(Major Character) that isnt any of these things is wynne. this doesn't mean I don't like them tho just that there isnt many Normal chicks.
Old 2009-11-14, 01:20   Link #165
Statonxyb
hrm

Morrigan and Leliana are okay in terms of ingame "image". I loved how they looked in the CGI trailer (Sacred Ashes one) but feel a bit underwhelmed with the transition to ingame models.

In-Game

CGI

In-Game

CGI

Granted, I don't expect the same level of detail, as we're speaking a CGI movie vs. ingame graphics, but at least do away with the elephantitis of the mouth. Then again, the above are probably bad angles, but it still looked a bit odd when playing through the game.

Now, the
Spoiler for Character:
was well done in the upstairs department. ...If only I had a tree/vine fetish...

P.S. This Morrigan takes ze cake:

Spoiler for Huge image:

The CE edition of the game came with wallpapers and such with the above being my favorite. :>

...And no, Banged Up Abroad isn't what you think it is. It's a documentary series about drug smuggling and being imprisoned because of it.

Last edited by Statonxyb; 2009-11-14 at 01:39. Reason: added crap
Statonxyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:15   Link #166
james0246

I have a quick question:

Spoiler for games spoilers...:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 02:27   Link #167
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Look at Morrigan in Art work.

Such a huge difference.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 03:20   Link #168
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I have a quick question:

Spoiler for Game Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-14, 07:30   Link #169
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Leliana looks totally diffrent in the CGI trailers. while Morrigan looks pretty much the same and looks better ingame than Leliana does.
Old 2009-11-14, 11:54   Link #170
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I have a quick question:

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:53   Link #171
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Well, I have finally rallied the armies, and...

Spoiler for End-Game:

Cheers.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:38   Link #172
Nosauz

digital deluxe version worth it or is the normal version not really different? Just curious
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:39   Link #173
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, I have finally rallied the armies, and...

Spoiler for End-Game:

Cheers.
Spoiler for end game Human Noble:
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:14   Link #174
Velsy

I just got finished fighting this one fight in denamen where I just couldnt win. Spend like 2 hours fighting repeatily and even reduced the setting to easy and would still fail.

The boss did insane damage with a two-handed sword :/ even Alistair with a 30 armor rating would take server damage.

Boss was too strong and too many crossbowmen all heavy armored :/ . Wynne gets 1hit by the boss leader too :/

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:50   Link #175
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Isn't that the fight you're supposed to lose anyway?
Old 2009-11-15, 10:02   Link #176
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

For the Juggernaut set, does anyone have any good strategies in terms of party setup, equipment, abilities, etc. for tackling those blasted Revenants? As usual it's nothing I couldn't handle on my own but the number and their positioning just completely overwhelm me every time. Like most fights in this game, I might add...

Anyway, my character is currently human, Reaver (haven't decided on a second one yet), 2-handed spec.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:16   Link #177
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In my experience 2-handed warriors tend to fall like flies to a lot of things. Try briging shield-specced warrior (if he is a champion that's a nice bonus) to tank those revenants. Then it becomes a choice between "nuke the revenant as fast as possible" or "clear the trash as fast as possible before taking down the revenant"

Another good idea is to enchant your tank's weapon with paralysis runes. They may have a dice-toss chance to proc, but when they do they essentially give you a few precious seconds of breathing room.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:30   Link #178
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In my experience 2-handed warriors tend to fall like flies to a lot of things. Try briging shield-specced warrior (if he is a champion that's a nice bonus) to tank those revenants. Then it becomes a choice between "nuke the revenant as fast as possible" or "clear the trash as fast as possible before taking down the revenant"
Just generally? Wow, and here I thought I was just becoming really awful at games. Heh...I'll have to try a more defensive oriented spec on my next playthrough then. Or be a mage.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:53   Link #179
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The difference between survivability in a shield-specced warrior an a two-handed specced one is huge. Even more so when you start using the various modes against certain mobs, making you virtually immune against knockdowns, extremely hard to kill by arrows and so on. Making shield warriors champions also allows them to throw around auras that increase defense even more.

My Templar-Reaver usually stands in the thick of battle, getting hit the most in the entire party, yet Sten and Oghren always manage to die first. And that's without using any of the modes.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:58   Link #180
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Have your tank aggro the enemy for a while (taunt is more effective than threaten, but have both anyways), then cast force field. Destroy surrounding enemies before tackling the revenant, else you run the risk of your tank losing aggro while in force field. Alternatively, just force field the revenant while you tackle the surrounding aggro, but this has less of a duration (and in harder difficulties, much less so) but it is more reliable than ff'ing your tank.

Cone of Cold freeze still works on cold immune enemies... you just don't do any damage. So if you need a breather and force field is in cooldown, CoC the revenant.

I'm finding dodge tanking to be MUCH more effective than damage mitigation, especially if you add heroic defense and/or glyph of warding. My dex focused dagger/board Alistair can tank Revenants for a very long time, and heals are much more effective since he gets hit much less often.

And if you have Telekinetic weapons, then it helps a whole lot against the revenants ridiculously high armor. Sunder armor/shattering shot etc. also works, but those are activated so you need much more micro as it wears off as well. Those costs stamina as well, and with no stamina potions, its much easier to just use weapon enchants. Flaming weapons works too, but not as much as telekinetic weapons.

If you want to burst the revenant down, lighting/shock is the best bet, as its immune to cold/nature and highly resistant to spirit. I think it gets more damage from fire, but considering the fire line only really has flame blast for mana effecient single target spell, you'd be able to burst it down more effeciently with lightning.

It should be doable at any rate, since even when I faced my first revenant in nightmare with only mage, cold, and crushing prison line filled, I still prevailed.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360