AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 00:04   Link #6821
primuler
Love For 3D

... my opinion on this chapter

1. Glad that Maria appeared at last.
2. But not very entertaining chapter. (I guess I expected something more funny since I've been waiting for comedy chapters for long, long time)
3. Looking forward to something more interesting next chapter.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 02:48   Link #6822
Slayer007

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
3. Looking forward to something more interesting next chapter.
Perhaps some Hayate and Maria development?

Man.. things here have died down quite a fair bit after the Athena arc. I suppose Hata achieved his goal of making Athena a significant "wow" factor in the series even though she was introduced quite late into the series.

Reading HnG ain't that captivating as before really.. well in my opinion anyway. The withdrawal of the engaging storyline just made things a lil' plain when he suddenly jumps back to the gags (not that going back to gag's are bad...but it's just like jumping straight into a cold pool after a warm jacuzzi). He should've made the transition from Greece to Japan smoother in my opinion.. pulling that off with a flashback almost immediately after the arc is a rough transition.
Slayer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 10:19   Link #6823
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer007 View Post
Reading HnG ain't that captivating as before really.. well in my opinion anyway. The withdrawal of the engaging storyline just made things a lil' plain when he suddenly jumps back to the gags (not that going back to gag's are bad...but it's just like jumping straight into a cold pool after a warm jacuzzi). He should've made the transition from Greece to Japan smoother in my opinion.. pulling that off with a flashback almost immediately after the arc is a rough transition.
The rough transition plus the random absence of pretty much all side characters is what's really hurting it right now. The Greece arc just made the side characters so much more fleshed out and popular, and now they're nowhere to be seen. Unless you count the like... 1 panel that Isumi and Sakuya were in.

Worst part is that these chapters seem to each be doing 1 day in that week, so we still have another month and a half (most likely) before this "house issue" resolves.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 09:17   Link #6824
Used Can

Well, to be fair, I do think Hata has tried to make some transition with Nagi officially having to move out, and the whole Klauss flashback. It isn't as if he jumped into gags suddenly. Additionally, we know that some sort of Bakuman-esque story will unfold eventually - or so it seems - and I guess it may be rather funny.

In the end, I think it'll come down to getting used to the change in pacing and development.
Old 2010-05-18, 01:41   Link #6825
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I read 272 and came thinking that someone was gonna comment on Maria's positive change in 3 sizes. Too early? I'll come back later.
Old 2010-05-18, 02:12   Link #6826
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Im glad Maria is finally getting her much needed attention....but for now the manga continues its slow pace, nothing really to comment
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 03:40   Link #6827
SimplyBill
King

2 Maria chapters? Amazing. But slow chapter is slow. Come on Luca

@Eleutheria. I never noticed something like that... Is my eye getting poor?
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 14:28   Link #6828
The Sandman

Having just marathoned my way through the last hundred or so chapters...

Am I the only one who thinks there might be some sort of connection between Shiranui and Hayate's brother? Yes, I know, it's an utterly insane theory, but those two have the same scar on the forehead, black hair/fur, Shiranui doesn't exactly behave like a cat (although obviously not to Tama-levels of anthropomorphism), appeared out of nowhere...
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 15:47   Link #6829
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I read 272 and came thinking that someone was gonna comment on Maria's positive change in 3 sizes. Too early? I'll come back later.
Now this is a change I can fully support! Go Go Hata!

Actually, I noticed that she already had a gradual increase in her bust during the golden week arc. Off screen development +1? (or is it 3 now?)

Nothing much to comment, except Maria is always nice to have around.

@The Sandman

Many already saw that there could be a connection between the two, sort of like a special bloodline or legacy. But at the moment, there isn't much to go by except that they both attracted to little girls for some reason.
Old 2010-05-18, 18:49   Link #6830
GlassesLady
dat apple

A lot of people have wondered if there was a connection between Ikusa and Shiranui, but there's really not much to go on. Mostly people have been wondering if Ikusa got himself turned into a kitten somehow.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:13   Link #6831
Koroshiya_Kame_13

And Hata contradicted this chapter by letting Maria wear clothes when Hayate carried the whole closet back in the last panel, when he only carried it back because Maria had no clothes to wear.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:20   Link #6832
Jin and Toanic
Vide supra
*Fansubber

Is it just me, or did the art style change somewhat?
Jin and Toanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 02:16   Link #6833
Mentar
Banned

Yes, only another fluff chapter, but to be honest - I liked it

It also did shed some extra light about the Hayate-Maria relationship, which is fine with me, too. And Isumi glued to the ventilator was just adorable ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 13:32   Link #6834
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
yeah right.... I can totaly see... that who ever will appaer... who ever will confess.... it will end up as nagixhayate >__< which is fuckign sad..... another manga that will end up with a "tsudare... flat chested... small... rude girl will win" (like in zero no tsukaima...toradora... and few other titles)

its just f.....g borring if from all nice and normal girls....... the one that wins is the short... tsuade with flat chest >___<

Personaly I would love to see that the standard manga ending is broken.... so the main heroine... the short-flat chest (Nagi) doesnt win at the end... and the main hero (hayate) will end up with some other girl (Maria, Aymu, Hina, Athena ect.)

Seriously im sick already from seeing the same thing over and over again.... that even if there are houndreds of pretty,normal, kind, very smart, poor or rich, larger chests... with super hots for the main hero.... it will end up like allways the flat-chest-child-looking-tsudare (loli) girl wins......without doing anything at all....

why not make hayate start from position 0 again.... like he payed his dept of 150milions to nagi.... than in an accident he loses all memories of her..... so he starts from positon 0 and each girl has a chance of winning....

personaly I would prefer a Hina or Athena ending above Nagi... becouse it would break the standard over used ending like in many mangas has been showed....... like not allways the main heroine wins at the end....so only the girls that try and change themselfs will win at the end....

Hina was at the start a tomboy.... but durring the story she started to get softer more girly.... and even a tomboy understood that she fell in love.... she developed on her own without haveing hayate around her all the time as nagi....

even Athena changed... normaly she wouldnt let hayate go... and would beg him to stay with her.... but she understood that she cant do this right now... but the love between her and hayate laster over 10years (and is still ongoing on athenas part).... yet the "ring" is a sign that she wont give up just like that...

Nagi is takeing hayate on her "pitfulnes" a spoiled rich girl with 0% knowladge of real outside world... she is soo pathetic that he cant leave her alone >__> Athena is way more normal and has outside world udnerstanding and she grow up with no one close... (like maria for nagi) and with a freaking midas in her body... so Hayte simply cant afford to leave such a small girl like nagi alone >__<

And well current developments point out that Hayate will be even more tied to stay close to nagi than before.... which is kinda sad.... since the ending is starting to be clearing out NagixHayate... with no possibility of Hina or Athena getting hayate on this point :/........... which is sad for me due another manga that has a "known" ending just like in many other mangas.... where the loli wins even if there are LOTS of powerfull girls around

I hope that Hina or athena will appear later and confess their love... I wodner how hayte would react then.... and would Nagi let hayate go just like Athena did in Greace (let him go to nagi as her buttler).... will nagi act more grown up and allow him to get out with Hina or Athena.... or will she act like selfish brat (that owns hayate for her own) and wont allow hayate to leave with another girl except herself...
For your info Hinagiku is also considered to be a tsundere. And learn the word tsundere because you seem to have problems with spelling it. And I can say that normal nice girls are just too boring for their own good.

In fact you will see more manga's where the good/nice girls win rather than not. Its just lately we have the tsundere boom but if you look at number of manga's in general I don't think you have the rights to complain about standard normal girls not winning.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 19:42   Link #6835
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

^ I think Athena's also a rude, though busty tsundere, which makes it three then. My my I guess Hayate has 3 tsunderes under him then, each willing to give him a piece of their mind if he does something stupid.
Old 2010-05-20, 19:48   Link #6836
madmac

Quote:
I think Athena's also a rude, though busty tsundere, which makes it three then. My my I guess Hayate has 3 tsunderes under him then, each willing to give him a piece of their mind if he does something stupid.
The girl who used to throw things at Hayate and then run away calling him stupid? Athena is very much a card carrying member of the tsundere club, yes. They're all reasonably nice girls when Hayate isn't pissing them off.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 20:42   Link #6837
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Just finish reading the chapter, and it was teh lulz .
Old 2010-05-22, 09:13   Link #6838
xellos2099

For some reason I still like Hina the best. She had some horrible horrible childhood, much harder than Nagi and possible Athena. She also seems to suffer the most emotionally without actually showing it.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 11:39   Link #6839
hinakatbklyn

In a way similar to Hayate, Hina needed a change of scenery (or different parents for that matter). Hayate was able to survive on his own until finally meeting Nagi. (Hope I got this right) Hina would of had a much tougher time surviving on her own or getting a new family without her older sister. I would think she would know what Hayate is going through which would give me one more reason to support Hina and Hayate.

Outside of showing a fear of heights, even if she is suffering emotionally, she doesn't show it as much. But sometimes she suffers to a point where even some can notice (involving Hayate in both cases).

Spoiler for Volume 14 and a more recent one:
Old 2010-05-22, 19:30   Link #6840
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
For some reason I still like Hina the best. She had some horrible horrible childhood, much harder than Nagi and possible Athena. She also seems to suffer the most emotionally without actually showing it.
I disagree, Hina has the least tragic childhood in the three. She had her loving sister cushion her sadness and it is her sister that gave her the inspiration to be the strong willed and capable girl that she is now.

Nagi and Athena both got hit hard, dead parents (Nagi and most possibly the same to Athena as well) and nobody to ease their despair at that time, with Nagi sulking for long periods of time (which eventually lead to her hikikomori life) and Athena most likely taking a deal with the devil (erm, Midas) and getting trapped in that Royal garden for a long time that would bring great sadness to anyone to the brink of insanity.

All in all, nope, Hina isn't the most tragic out of the three.

Tags
comedy, shounen