AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-30, 23:56   Link #2501
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Unless you have previous moba (ex. dota) or mmo pvp experience, then I'd just recommend normals for now. I personally started ranked when sub lvl 30s were still allowed (and I was one of them), and averaged around 1200 elo only because I played Tides of Blood before. So my advice is build up more experience with champs, and build up your rune pages until 300 or so normal wins, then try ranked. Ranked is simply too harsh and stressful, especially fresh 30s like yourself.

Then again, a friend who I helped start with who now has 700 normal wins still isn't that much better when he was a fresh 30. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 00:31   Link #2502
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I had started ranked games at 230 wins or so, had a decent W:L even in the beginning, but in some cases I was just lucky to have good teammates giving me advice. Then I tried playing all roles:

- practice 60~80 cs @ 10mins for solo top/mid
- take jungle times and learn to roam/gank
- learn how/when to initiate teamfights as tank
- L2ward and help your lane partner farm as a support

If you get a grasp on that, all that's left is teamplay...unfortunately, it can't be learned since it takes more than 1 person to make a team
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:18   Link #2503
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I started doing draft mode a few days ago. I'm getting used to counter-picking and picking to fit the team's accumulating lineup. Certainly inspires becoming more than a one-lane person. Still get a fair amount of trolls/idiots but the overall experience is better than blind pick.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:47   Link #2504
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There's every kind of people in ranked, from the kind that demand bans to the kind that wonders why people jungle. Usually though, it's mostly bitching about who gets to play the carry as a lot of people (unsurprisingly) grow attached to such champions.
Old 2012-07-31, 02:57   Link #2505
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm kind of open to any role lately as long as it's not jungler. I tried Nocturne jungling for a couple of days with some success but not enough to warrant me unlocking it. I'm hoping Diana will be a character that I can regularly jungle with.
Old 2012-07-31, 04:43   Link #2506
Kreceir

i'm fine with every roll, but my least favourite is the jungler and after that the AD carry i have too say.

I don't really know how to explain it but, when ever i play a AD / jungler i feel extremely nervous
(even if its a normal)

for some reason i find getting cs in the mid lane easier then the bot lane.

I'm trying to get used to jungle in the vs.ai matches as a lee sin.
(he was on sale and his muay thai skin came out, it was instant buy for me. a bad habit of mine )

I dont know what too do, even when i get a Leash(?) i almost die, or i even die. so i have to go B.
Before i get back i'm like 2-3 lvl's behind.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:14   Link #2507
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

To do Lee Sin jungle, you need to keep his passive up for as long as possible, which is activated by using any ability. So what you do is use one ability, wait for the passive to expire then hit ability 2, then when it expires again hit ability 3. That way the passive stays up max time and allows you to be more sustainable. As for items, read a guide on SoloMid or Mobafire.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:17   Link #2508
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As for items, read a guide on SoloMid or Mobafire.
ಠ_ಠ

Also I'm with everyone on hating jungling, I dunno why, it's just my least favourite role right next to adc.
Every time I have to jungle I'll just pick Fiddlesticks because I usually play mid, and Fiddle has a playstyle I'm used to.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:23   Link #2509
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I hate it more for the reason that when I leash for a jungler, I stay with them until their first buff target is near dead so they have smite for the 2nd. Whereas other ppl just do 1 hit and leave and I'm without smite and low health after 1st buff. It makes a big difference but most players don't even bother beyond 1 hit.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:39   Link #2510
Cream

I think it's fine to start playing ranked right after you hit 30, it really helps you out. When i started playing ranked i only played a select few and when i did bad their criticism actually helped me. I mean, if you look past the insults most of the time they accuse you of being bad for a pretty good reason. Usually builds and plays.

But, if you can't play more than 3 champs per role i don't think people should play ranked. I mean, if you're bad at a role call it out in chat, "Hey, i'm pretty good at xxxx but i'm really bad at xxxx. So it'd be better as a team if i played xxxx"

Anyways, don't be too worried about ranked.

and i love jungling, favorite role. You can kinda control the game sometimes and i like being the play maker most of the time. What i don't like is the blaming your jungle because you didn't ward or their jungler is camping a lane D:.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:26   Link #2511
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Unless you have previous moba (ex. dota) or mmo pvp experience, then I'd just recommend normals for now. I personally started ranked when sub lvl 30s were still allowed (and I was one of them), and averaged around 1200 elo only because I played Tides of Blood before. So my advice is build up more experience with champs, and build up your rune pages until 300 or so normal wins, then try ranked. Ranked is simply too harsh and stressful, especially fresh 30s like yourself.

Then again, a friend who I helped start with who now has 700 normal wins still isn't that much better when he was a fresh 30. :shrug:
I still haven't touched ranked myself yet(nearing 700 wins), but you should definitely play normal drafts before ranked, so you get use to champion bans, pick orders, counter picks, knowing who counters a champ you play, and etc.

Though I've been starting to run into ranked players in sometimes normals since about april-may-ish...(bronze-gold ranking ones). So I'd like to think I've improved at least .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 07:40   Link #2512
Kreceir

I don't really mind if if the jungler doesn't ward so much (it will help though)
Since i'm mostly playing support (Sona,Lulu,Soraka,Janna,Taric) So i mostly buy wards to get map awareness.
Though, i have to be sure if my lane partner is doing well enough so i can ward some places

Speaking about warding, i had a ap mid that wanted to report me because i wasted gold for wards.
While my wards prevented ganks against our lanes
We eventually won. i was a support lulu with 3-2-41
Old 2012-07-31, 07:41   Link #2513
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I hate it more for the reason that when I leash for a jungler, I stay with them until their first buff target is near dead so they have smite for the 2nd. Whereas other ppl just do 1 hit and leave and I'm without smite and low health after 1st buff. It makes a big difference but most players don't even bother beyond 1 hit.
The only way you can help a jungler is with either a pull or a leash. Pull is a single auto-attack to draw aggro, while leash includes the use of abilities but to the same end. Staying around will severely impede AoE junglers because they'll miss out on exp. People also don't stick longer than 1 hit because the camp is more likely to reset, in which case you'd pretty much have to start all over again.

Spoiler for jungle routes, in case someone wants to know:

My favourite role is definitely tank top solo. Usually top lanes come to the understanding that cs>harassment so the aggression's nothing like bot lane. A well-farmed tank or offtank (Nasus/Shen/Galio being good examples) can totally shift the mid-game balance to your favour just by surviving the initial burst and having a good presence in the zone.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:50   Link #2514
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The only way you can help a jungler is with either a pull or a leash. Pull is a single auto-attack to draw aggro, while leash includes the use of abilities but to the same end. Staying around will severely impede AoE junglers because they'll miss out on exp. People also don't stick longer than 1 hit because the camp is more likely to reset, in which case you'd pretty much have to start all over again.
Er, I leave blue low after letting the jungler know and dont hit anything else? Plus I avoid resets? Why wouldn't I let my jungler save smite for the 2nd buff and get about 15-30 secs ahead in ability to gank?
Old 2012-07-31, 08:02   Link #2515
Kreceir

I think my most favourite solo top(when we have a jungler) is Maplhite.
Not sure if he's a tank or not.
But i mostly build him pretty tanky and he still does quite a lot of damage. And has a pretty good team fight initiate.

About Lee Sin jungle, i just can't get his combo down.
or has his passive stay long enough.
Maybe because i only played with this champion about 1-2 matches.

Uhm my question is,

Which champion the easiest to jungle with and which champion is quite difficult.
Skill(shot) and ability wise.

(Sorry for bothering you guys with these kind of questions)
Old 2012-07-31, 08:19   Link #2516
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Mid can actually kite it, in a way to prevent resets and still let the jungler take no damage, but they have to know what they're doing, and not mind being a few seconds late to their lane. (They don't get exp either since the jungle camp exp range is pretty low now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Which champion the easiest to jungle with and which champion is quite difficult.
Skill(shot) and ability wise.

(Sorry for bothering you guys with these kind of questions)
Udyr, WW, Mundo, Nunu, and Xin are probably some of the easiest junglers to pick up and play correctly, imo. They all have built in sustain and some sorta of CC, and good to great clear times.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:01   Link #2517
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not as easy, but actually threatening from the top of my head, are Shyvana, Lee Sin, Malphite and Nocture. I've seen some very effecient junglers using those champions in tournament, so it's worth checking out those guys.
Old 2012-07-31, 11:06   Link #2518
Cream

Champions with a lot of cc are usually really good at jungling.

I'd say the hardest person to jungle with is lee sin, landing his q is sometimes hard when ganking early. Just takes a while to get used to, hes like my most played champion.
Old 2012-07-31, 11:17   Link #2519
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Er, I leave blue low after letting the jungler know and dont hit anything else? Plus I avoid resets? Why wouldn't I let my jungler save smite for the 2nd buff and get about 15-30 secs ahead in ability to gank?
He doesn't need to save smite, it's got a low enough cooldown to be fresh before lizard is even at 80% HP. You don't gain a single second unless you want to gank at LV2.

Quote:
Easiest jungler for me is Trundle, followed by Udyr. They stay at 100% HP and have good times (phoenix Udyr is even faster). Can gank well but also survive a counter-gank attempt by an enemy jungler.
Old 2012-07-31, 11:39   Link #2520
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I'm kind of open to any role lately as long as it's not jungler. I tried Nocturne jungling for a couple of days with some success but not enough to warrant me unlocking it. I'm hoping Diana will be a character that I can regularly jungle with.
You could jungle with Shyvana, But i guess thats too up close and personal =\

Tags
league of legends, lol