AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 21:57   Link #3201
holybell84

oooo, minor update at BT.

Origami, no one takes energy drinks, chloroform and restrains to a date... unless she intend to ntr Shidou from the gals lol
Old 2013-06-17, 04:11   Link #3202
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post

Origami, no one takes energy drinks, chloroform and restrains to a date... unless she intend to ntr Shidou from the gals lol
More like kidnapping and confinement and ntr is her plan for a date.
Old 2013-06-17, 10:43   Link #3203
lokoxDZz

Someone that read the novels,what's spirit are with shido in the last volumes? And he get some power "to protect" or something like that.

Also whats the spirit that showed at the anime efreet,things like spirit,etc

Sorry i know its a pain >_<
lokoxDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 18:39   Link #3204
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post

Origami tries anything of the sort and she will be sliced to death by Tohka in "Black Tohka mode", when she finds out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokoxDZz View Post
Someone that read the novels,what's spirit are with shido in the last volumes? And he get some power "to protect" or something like that.

Also whats the spirit that showed at the anime efreet,things like spirit,etc

Sorry i know its a pain >_<
If you mean, which Spirits are in Shidou's group/harem then there is Tohka, Yoshino, Kotori, Yamai twins (Kaguya & Yuzuru), and Miku. Shidou having sealed the girl's Spirit power and Angels inside him, he can in (certain situations) summon and control their angels and Spirit power to protect himself and the girls in the weaken state.

Sorry I can understand your last question.
Old 2013-06-17, 19:24   Link #3205
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Origami tries anything of the sort and she will be sliced to death by Tohka in "Black Tohka mode", when she finds out.
unless tohka tries to copy it as well XD
Old 2013-06-17, 19:37   Link #3206
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
unless tohka tries to copy it as well XD
after she gets an enormous energy boost from drinking that tonic, lost conciousness or stomachache from attempt consumption of that chloroform and figure out that handcuffs are not food
Old 2013-06-17, 20:44   Link #3207
XFire
150% done

I just realised why Origami is so popular with others (I hate her guts).

Because of how pathetic she is. She is a yandere character who not only can not restrain or harm her target (especially now that he can use angels....) but is completely powerless before all of the other girls, even the loli. Sympathy points out the wazoo.

Still hate her guts though.
Old 2013-06-17, 20:48   Link #3208
rickiminato

who is 'phanthom'?
when are release the volumen 8?
Old 2013-06-17, 21:54   Link #3209
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
who is 'phanthom'?
Phantom is the one who turned Kotori and Miku into Spirits and sealed Shido's memories from 5 year ago.
Sometime in the next 3 to 4 months.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-06-18 at 03:27.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 03:15   Link #3210
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
From a few pages ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Z27 View Post
I'm fairly positive that the eighth volume is set to be released in September.

Old 2013-06-18, 03:20   Link #3211
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Because of how pathetic she is. She is a yandere character who not only can not restrain or harm her target (especially now that he can use angels....) but is completely powerless before all of the other girls, even the loli. Sympathy points out the wazoo.

Why would you hate Origami? I think she is great.
Old 2013-06-18, 09:17   Link #3212
kagato3

Quote:

I don't think you can really call her a yandere. She doesn't have the hurt the one you love mentality or is out to cause harm to the other girls, she only seems to fight with Touka and that is not on a physical level unless Touka takes it there first. She is a stalked that happens to have the preparation levels of Batman.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:11   Link #3213
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I don't think you can really call her a yandere. She doesn't have the hurt the one you love mentality or is out to cause harm to the other girls, she only seems to fight with Touka and that is not on a physical level unless Touka takes it there first. She is a stalked that happens to have the preparation levels of Batman.
She is just a obsessive stalker.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:15   Link #3214
tm902541

Who knows translator Tohka sword of darkness at the end of vol 7?
It is inscribed "【終焉 の 剣 (ペイ ヴァー シュ ヘ レヴ)】"

Tks
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:49   Link #3215
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm902541 View Post
Who knows translator Tohka sword of darkness at the end of vol 7?
It is inscribed "【終焉 の 剣 (ペイ ヴァー シュ ヘ レヴ)】"

Tks
[Sword of demise (Pei Vaashhelev)]

Last edited by Riki; 2013-06-18 at 11:15.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:08   Link #3216
Ramen00

Quote:

It's kinda sad that you hate her, She's just obsessed with love, and after all the things she did for Shidou without him knowing what it is, she kinda deserves a reward or somehow. She always did reckless things just for Shidou, just like at the latest volume when she rushed in through DEM even though she's not well.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:26   Link #3217
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The Origami hate-wagon just does not have too strong of a case here... Outside of her personal agenda, she's portrayed as a character whose only real fault is in the way she approaches Shidou, her crush. Although, given how she's reacted strongly to him getting into any kind of danger, I'd say she's already in love with him. Why or how, we haven't got an explanation yet, but it's there.

Anybody who labels her "yandere" is a little mistaken here. She has no outright intention to get rid of her rivals in love herself (unless they show Spirit readings, in which the love part doesn't take precedence), but would gladly have them out of the competition (as per her interactions with Tohka indicates). Perhaps it's Tohka's naïvety, but she sure does like to pick on Tohka; although I believe it's more because Tohka's the first person to actively go for Shidou, and also partly because she was a Spirit before.

I personally find her amusing from a comedic perspective and she does have her likable moments (when she puts her moves on Shidou).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:34   Link #3218
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
The Origami hate-wagon just does not have too strong of a case here... Outside of her personal agenda, she's portrayed as a character whose only real fault is in the way she approaches Shidou, her crush. Although, given how she's reacted strongly to him getting into any kind of danger, I'd say she's already in love with him. Why or how, we haven't got an explanation yet, but it's there.

Anybody who labels her "yandere" is a little mistaken here. She has no outright intention to get rid of her rivals in love herself (unless they show Spirit readings, in which the love part doesn't take precedence), but would gladly have them out of the competition (as per her interactions with Tohka indicates). Perhaps it's Tohka's naïvety, but she sure does like to pick on Tohka; although I believe it's more because Tohka's the first person to actively go for Shidou, and also partly because she was a Spirit before.

I personally find her amusing from a comedic perspective and she does have her likable moments (when she puts her moves on Shidou).
She even blindly believe Shidou when he said that Kotori didn't kill her parents and there is another spirit who did it without any proof to back it up and the only concrete proof is Kotori in spirit form.
Old 2013-06-18, 11:42   Link #3219
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
She even blindly believe Shidou when he said that Kotori didn't kill her parents and there is another spirit who did it without any proof to back it up and the only concrete proof is Kotori in spirit form.
While this is true, you would have realised that had Shidou really died back in the first volume, she would practically have been completely shut down mentally, especially since her actual target of aim was Tohka. Such is the strength of her feelings towards him. Once we understand the reasons, it might make much better sense than it does now.

However, I do agree with others who say her character is somewhat flat at the moment since she's done barely anything apart from the comedy hijinks and she's in need of more fleshing out, character-wise.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 12:49   Link #3220
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I know i'll get a massive bashing for this and i'm ready but Origami reminds me in a lot of ways of Sasuke from naruto. Ignore all the character concepts but look at the situation.

1. Both of them have lived to get revenge for the one who killed their parents.
2. Both have obvious targets. (Sasuke being itachi. Origami being ifreet.)
3. Both have a chance to kill their target and satisfy their revenge. (Sasuke of course does kill itachi)

Now look at what would've happened had origami killed Kotori. She would've gotten her revenge but she would've been empty because it would ruin the man she loves shidou. And she would've been left with nothing to live for.
In the case of sasuke he got his revenge but later learned he was set up and proceeded to become a darker character. And since all of the things madara did sasuke has been a massively odd character. Now imagine what would've happened if sasuke had been told madara's story before going to confront itachi instead of after the fact.

origami wants to believe shidou because if he's right then she gets to keep two things. 1 is her feelings of revenge and 2 she still has a chance to be with the person she loves.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy