AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 06:23   Link #34161
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Overall attitude

Unless a country is desperate enough, nobody want a lazy asshole as their rep.
Health-wise? Let say there's two potential Cadets, one is normal and the other is blind. However, the blind one has way better aptitude and is more susceptible/sensitive to movements compared to the normal candidate.

Who would they pick?
Old 2012-07-17, 06:24   Link #34162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Age
No, you can't insert anything in story

At best you can use cover system.

@ Stratos
I don't know, if it's work, then it's work. Mine has half-disabled girl (bad runner but a damn good pilot), it does take a long time before higher ups can approve her submission.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:36   Link #34163
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

BTW, if she still can't use her eyes during piloting, or not having a substitute for that (and no, super hearing definitely doesn't work) she's definitely screwed.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:40   Link #34164
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos
I don't know, if it's work, then it's work. Mine has half-disabled girl (bad runner but a damn good pilot), it does take a long time before higher ups can approve her submission.
Well for my case, the blind girl in question not only has high sync rate with her IS, she's been blind long enough to develop mid-tier Jedi senses.

Not the "See The Future" type. More to being highly sensitive to even the slightest movements and she can tell if there's a wall in her way.

By super-hearing, I'll assume that it involves "Hearing a pin drop at 300 yards away", which is not the case. Confined places though, is another story since there's walls around.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:46   Link #34165
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I assume she can directly 'see' using the sensor, rather than her eyes.

"I can see everything" indeed.

Thing is.... it's bad for her psychology, in a line of addiction and sense of inferiority. It has been proven somewhat via scientific theories and limited experiment.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:54   Link #34166
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How would that even go? The best the system can provide is augmented hearing and most probably alert tones, which she disabled because it interferes with her senses.

How about this: She's blind but has great reflexes? As much as one tries to get the drop on her, she still moves faster and dodges.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:57   Link #34167
Eratas123

There's a difference between harem violence and killing.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:04   Link #34168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos.
Converting the radar and sonar system into 3d projection using unused part of her brain?

I'm sorry if this sounds like skepticism.

From what I get for observing and nursing blind people, they don't exactly have fast enough biological system to perform such incredible task, they however, has extreme sensor accuracy unmatched by people with normal eyes.

Why? Their brain, instead of being used to process visual imagery, is used to process everything else from simple hearing and touch to insane things like sonography and neuroelectronic (seeing things via sound reflection and bioelectricity, I kid you not). Once again, it's a complex process that requires the brain to work hard. The process is not instantaneous, hence blind people is considered 'slow' but 'accurate'.

Still, their reflex can still match normal people, but super reflex is, frankly, new to me.

@ Eras
Of course, now you know why I'm not pleased
Old 2012-07-17, 07:05   Link #34169
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err....

dOeS ThIs LoOk lIkE

Sing-song effect?
Old 2012-07-17, 07:10   Link #34170
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sounds quite alot like the Daredevil... So it is real.

Which brings me to a conundrum:
- Short range hearing, high reflex
- Mid range accurate hearing, normal reflexes

@Agey
Not quite, it's slightly annoying for me to read though...
Old 2012-07-17, 07:17   Link #34171
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Gonna make a deconstruction draft. Can you read it? Since I'm feeling lazy, it won't be as detailed.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:20   Link #34172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
Sounds acceptable

Still, she's in helpless against a lot of things in I.S. combat, because... you know, speed of sound.

Okay, how about I gave you this proposal: Blind people has enhanced neural sensitivity. Link this to multi-sensor, and suddenly she has light-speed enhanced sense which will help her, without giving her visual aid whatsoever.

Weak-sauce weakness: Strong EMP and advanced jamming system

@ Eras
Why not? Though I don't think I can give you much help, just like the usual.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:24   Link #34173
Eratas123

Fine with me. Just answer ms something: Does a large scale weapon or bullet going off leave ignition burns?
Old 2012-07-17, 07:28   Link #34174
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If I understand that right, that would mean she hears and reacts fast but in no way able to visualize her opponents' location?

If that's the case, she'll be the reactive-type: Going for counter-attacks instead of gunning in head-on. Attacks in retaliation as she's able to hear where the opponent is after they attack(or attempt to)
Old 2012-07-17, 07:30   Link #34175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Where? Target? People near the gun? The one pull the trigger?

@ Stratos
Nay, she knew WHERE her opponent is up to micrometer accuracy, just that she still can't see, more like 'My sensor tell me she's on 3 o'clock' or something like that, but at far higher speed and detail that she can fight in real time.

If you subscribe my peripheral vision theory, she actually has advantage compared to people that can actually see. This is the true super reflex. But she will have disadvantage not able to use gun-type weapon. (bam or solid doesn't matter)
Old 2012-07-17, 07:33   Link #34176
Eratas123

Example: If a huge (The size of a first at the very least) bullet nearly hits someone, but they duck at the last second.

New Entry in Tvtropes

Mary Sue: Arguably, Tatenashi in her first appearance in V5. She was able to curb stomp everyone in Ichika's harem, and Ichika himself. Easily sway the harem from spilling their wrath on her afterwards (considering their temperament, that's saying a lot). Capable of doing almost everything perfectly, except knitting maybe. In-Universe being even more attractive than his entire harem combined, complete with her own horde of Fan Girls (That is jealous of Ichika, really). Volume 6 and 7 add some light to address this, but the result itself is YMMV.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:39   Link #34177
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos
Nay, she knew WHERE her opponent is up to micrometer accuracy, just that she still can't see, more like 'My sensor tell me she's on 3 o'clock' or something like that, but at far higher speed and detail that she can fight in real time.

If you subscribe my peripheral vision theory, she actually has advantage compared to people that can actually see. This is the true super reflex. But she will have disadvantage not able to use gun-type weapon. (bam or solid doesn't matter)
That sounds much better. And true, she won't be able to use gun-type weapons. Which is why I'll be rectonning the Cadet's personal unit abit.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:43   Link #34178
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would an IS that specializes in stealth be moot?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:49   Link #34179
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Chapter 0: White. Night. Fall.:

Ironic echo to the first ep of the Anime?

Edit: Yea, this is the rewrite-verse.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:51   Link #34180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Little skin burn and hearing problem... mostly due to sonic boom

Hah! that troper forgot to add "improbable Age" on the list, as in, "Become head of secret organization at the age of 16"

@ Stratos
Then it's settled.

@ Demi
It's stated in novel that they have BUILT IN Stealth system. Good reason of why you can't detect them using normal sensor (at least, not accurately), the only one reliable enough is using core network (and visual targeting if the invisibility is not used). This is the reason of why damn golems can just sneak in anytime, anywhere.

In my fanon, they lack visual stealth WK have, everything else is present.

@ Age
DUUUUUUDEE!! Are you trying to rival evangelion?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest