AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-28, 07:20   Link #5341
Velsy

Thank god that Creepichi hero crap is over. Finally back to his true character.

That was a most epic rejection.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 10:28   Link #5342
sayf82

i hope next chap we'll see dere-Hilda again
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 11:12   Link #5343
ImperialFlameGod8190

This chapter is reason #1 shipping in this series is pointless because it comes to utterly nothing

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 11:14   Link #5344
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This chapter is reason #1 shipping in this series is pointless because it comes to utterly nothing
Yup agreed; Oga is too much of a dense for a ship to sail; or rather he's gonna blow the ship to smithereens by himself

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 11:34   Link #5345
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Yup agreed; Oga is too much of a dense for a ship to sail; or rather he's gonna blow the ship to smithereens by himself
I think Hilda got the strength (or Oga's fear that is) to force her ship to sail with him. Against his will, but it would stay above the water. As long as those two don't start fighting and breaking said ship that is. XD
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 13:14   Link #5346
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I think Hilda got the strength (or Oga's fear that is) to force her ship to sail with him. Against his will, but it would stay above the water. As long as those two don't start fighting and breaking said ship that is. XD
cept Hilda doesnt give a (no pun intended) royal crap about him

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-28, 14:59   Link #5347
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*sniff sniff* Kuniedaaa~~
Old 2014-12-28, 16:26   Link #5348
RoyalZel

Usually, I hate dense MCs that b are oblivious to love, but for some reason when it comes to Oga, I'm okay with it. It kinda adds to his charm.
RoyalZel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 16:34   Link #5349
James Rye

Quote:
cept Hilda doesnt give a (no pun intended) royal crap about him
Yeah, that was the biggest problem this ship had to even set sai. But damn, would those two make a great demonic couple! xD
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 04:56   Link #5350
Mentar
Banned

This was definitely the best post-ending chapter that I've seen. Funny _and_ charming. And I thought that in the one panel showing Aoi crying she was drop-dead gorgeous.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 05:01   Link #5351
Kallen4life

Aoi is always drop-dead gorgeous .. but yeah, I agree

damn, I hate Oga now for making her cry like that .. his denseness is seriously too much
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 05:39   Link #5352
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
damn, I hate Oga now for making her cry like that .. his denseness is seriously too much
I believe that this is the most we are going to get, ever. Oga simply can't enter a requited romance without losing a defining part of his character. I don't think that we will ever see this happening, it would have required a different story development.

However, this chapter reaffirms that all his denseness notwithstanding, Oga and Aoi have formed an instinctive, deep understanding of each other. A mutual trust that was shown in the easy way that her challenge was accepted and concluded. It may be missing the romantic component that Aoi is wishing for, but the rest is all there. In this aspect, Aoi came the farthest of all girls.
Old 2014-12-29, 07:45   Link #5353
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

However, this chapter reaffirms that all his denseness notwithstanding, Oga and Aoi have formed an instinctive, deep understanding of each other. A mutual trust that was shown in the easy way that her challenge was accepted and concluded. It may be missing the romantic component that Aoi is wishing for, but the rest is all there. In this aspect, Aoi came the farthest of all girls.
Uhh bull***t Oga doesnt have a deep understanding of anything other then slaughter. The guy has fighting on the brain constantly so any relationship to him is meaningless. I hate to be so harsh but dont over analyze just to try to give what was a pure fan shipping any merit when there really isnt.

Old 2014-12-29, 08:23   Link #5354
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Uhh bull***t Oga doesnt have a deep understanding of anything other then slaughter. The guy has fighting on the brain constantly so any relationship to him is meaningless. I hate to be so harsh but dont over analyze just to try to give what was a pure fan shipping any merit when there really isnt.
It's fine if you disagree ... but I don't think you're right. Take his interactions with Hebiko - it took endless questions and banter, and in the end they still didn't connect whatsoever. Oga completely misunderstood her from the beginning till the end.

In comparison, he instinctively understood what Aoi wanted - closure. They had one line of exchange, fought, and then things ended - with Aoi thanking him, because she got what she wanted.

This is exactly the kind of "relationship" that this blockhead has and also the extent to which he's able to connect. And Aoi understands that.
Old 2014-12-29, 09:15   Link #5355
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
It's fine if you disagree ... but I don't think you're right. Take his interactions with Hebiko - it took endless questions and banter, and in the end they still didn't connect whatsoever. Oga completely misunderstood her from the beginning till the end.

In comparison, he instinctively understood what Aoi wanted - closure. They had one line of exchange, fought, and then things ended - with Aoi thanking him, because she got what she wanted.

This is exactly the kind of "relationship" that this blockhead has and also the extent to which he's able to connect. And Aoi understands that.

You're missing something rather obvious.
Hebiko wanted romance and as you said Oga is a blockhead

Yes Aoi got her closure but thats because she realized the extent of their relationship is one of fighting and will never be romance.
Oga just got a fight and he thought he was thanking her for the fight.
And when has Oga ever shown any instincts that dont involve fighting. In Oga's mind she was thanking him for one last fight before they parted ways. In Aoi's mind she got closure because she realized that fighting was how they interact.

Old 2014-12-29, 09:19   Link #5356
Mentar
Banned

And that is exactly what I wrote, isn't it?

Aoi and Oga _have_ formed an understanding and trust between each other. It does _not_ contain the romantic element that Aoi would wish for, but other than that, they know and get along with each other perfectly fine. Unlike Hebiko.
Old 2014-12-29, 09:51   Link #5357
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
And that is exactly what I wrote, isn't it?

Aoi and Oga _have_ formed an understanding and trust between each other. It does _not_ contain the romantic element that Aoi would wish for, but other than that, they know and get along with each other perfectly fine. Unlike Hebiko.
No its not because your explanation for the fight is different. Your words suggest that Oga accepted Aoi's fight because he knew that she wanted closure for her feelings (which was what Aoi intended).

What im saying is Oga accepted the fight simply because he wanted to fight. The reason didnt matter and it could've been anybody but he simply wanted to fight. There's no understanding involved. Oga probably thought she wanted one last fight with him before they graduated.

You're right that there was an understanding but it was Aoi's understanding of Oga's stupidity and that the only way that they could interact was through fighting. Oga has very little understanding of Aoi

Old 2014-12-29, 10:23   Link #5358
Velsy

Kinda funny reading how everyone simple insults him because hes not love struck for their favorite girl?

It could just be hes simply not interested in girlfriends and stuff right now. too much drama. He just likes to fight and carrying around a naked baby is badass enough.

I am fine with him ignoring love drama. Its what makes Oga, Oga.

btw, I dont even think Aoi has confessed to him seriously anyway, blushing and vague hints isnt confessing. If she clearly asked him to be her boyfriend... she might even get a response?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 10:29   Link #5359
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Kinda funny reading how everyone simple insults him because hes not love struck for their favorite girl?

It could just be hes simply not interested in girlfriends and stuff right now. too much drama. He just likes to fight and carrying around a naked baby is badass enough.

I am fine with him ignoring love drama. Its what makes Oga, Oga.

btw, I dont even think Aoi has confessed to him seriously anyway, blushing and vague hints isnt confessing. If she clearly asked him to be her boyfriend... she might even get a response?
What i insult people for is trying to put romance in a story that clearly doesnt have it. As for insults because they arent love struck for the favorite girl that is the basis of a shipping war.

Old 2014-12-29, 10:46   Link #5360
Kallen4life

Quote:
not sure about Aoi, but .. didn't Hebiko literally say I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU and then hugged him ? .. and still - 0 understanding (unless he's pretending, because he's asexual/gay :P) .. what more do you need ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence