Old 2011-02-24, 05:38   Link #1581
JC...
I am a Pie

Thanks, does it have a specific name?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 06:05   Link #1582
fizzmaister
The Tall One

It's just called "Wana" on all three of them, as opposed to "Wana (TV SIZE-EDIT)" on OST 2.
Old 2011-02-24, 07:00   Link #1583
JC...
I am a Pie

Are you sure this is the slow version?
Old 2011-02-24, 13:19   Link #1584
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Wait, what? I'm not too familiar with Wana because I hated that song. I know that there's a TV-sized version on OST2 and the 3 releases of the full version. I don't know what you mean by fast or slow.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:33   Link #1585
JC...
I am a Pie

Nevermind, thanks anyway though.
Old 2011-03-26, 19:02   Link #1586
Primex

I have seen Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny TV series and here are my questions.

1. Are the Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny special editions worth taking a look at?
2. How much new animation has been added to the special editions?
3. How is the story telling in the special editions?Good,Bad or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Primex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:05   Link #1587
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Most people agree that the Special Edition for Destiny is superior to the original series version.
Old 2011-03-26, 23:03   Link #1588
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primex View Post
I have seen Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny TV series and here are my questions.

1. Are the Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny special editions worth taking a look at?
2. How much new animation has been added to the special editions?
3. How is the story telling in the special editions?Good,Bad or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Aside from the new (s*x) scenes Seed SE is not worth the time due to terrible pacing.

Destiny SE fixed that by being 4 parts long instead of three, plus it's more coherent. So as mentioned it's a great substitute for the series

And there really isn't that much new animation. Maybe 5 minutes per part?
Old 2011-03-27, 08:10   Link #1589
Primex

Thanks for the info Rising Dragon and brightman. I don't think the individual DVDs are available anymore so I may wait to see if Bandai puts them out as a collection or hunt down the individual discs.
Old 2011-03-27, 08:25   Link #1590
Primex

Thought up some more questions.

Okay does anyone know why they took the focus off of Shinn as the protagonist and switched to Kira? I mean I have read it was popularity polls or something like that, is that really true?

It seemed towards the end of destiny there was quit a few recap episodes. What was the reason for that?

Also did they simply run out of time in the final episode of Destiny? I much preferred the more upbeat ending in Final Plus.

Thanks for the help in answering these questions.
Old 2011-03-27, 08:58   Link #1591
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Thought up some more questions.

Okay does anyone know why they took the focus off of Shinn as the protagonist and switched to Kira? I mean I have read it was popularity polls or something like that, is that really true?
According to Fukuda, that was planned from the start... Also keep in mind that GSD came out around the same time as Star Wars Episode 3... So people certainly noticed the parallels back then.

Quote:
It seemed towards the end of destiny there was quit a few recap episodes. What was the reason for that?
They probably couldn't make the deadline and had to make those recaps to make the schedule...

Quote:
Also did they simply run out of time in the final episode of Destiny? I much preferred the more upbeat ending in Final Plus.
IMO they ran out of episodes... They probably had additional stuff planned for the ending, but due to all the clipshows they had thrown in there towards the end, they probably had to cut some stuff, and some of it managed to make it into Final Plus (which IIRC was announced very close to when the last episode aired)
Old 2011-03-28, 13:33   Link #1592
Appel

while we are talking about seed, does anyone know why the astray red frame shows up very very briefly in the first opening of the show?
i mean sure, seed astray is a sidestory afterall but it really doesnt have anything to do with the show^^
and by the way, it really is the MBF-P02 and not the MBF-M1 M1 Astray, the grunt type orb MS, i checked on that.

this image pops up right after the other still images of the duel, the buster, the blitz and the aegis. i think thats kinda odd because that also groups it together with the "bad guys" :P

this really bothered me back when i was a kid and first watched the show. i always liked the red frame but it never showed up in the actual show XD
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 14:37   Link #1593
Araxiel

Quote:
Thanks for the info Rising Dragon and brightman. I don't think the individual DVDs are available anymore so I may wait to see if Bandai puts them out as a collection or hunt down the individual discs.
In most anime stockists I visit, they usually have Seed in two parts [5 discs per box set] and Destiny in the same format. [And Wing, incidentally.] So there's a good chance those are available online [in stores in the UK, no idea how available they are elsewhere].
Old 2011-03-28, 16:26   Link #1594
Primex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
In most anime stockists I visit, they usually have Seed in two parts [5 discs per box set] and Destiny in the same format. [And Wing, incidentally.] So there's a good chance those are available online [in stores in the UK, no idea how available they are elsewhere].
I looked around online and to my surprise I found the Seed Destiny special editions still available. I was sure they were going to out of print but fortunately they weren't.
Old 2011-03-28, 17:13   Link #1595
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Apparently the RX-121 Gundam TR-1 [Hazel] appears in the third Zeta movie. Does anyone have a screencap of this?
Kirbyeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 20:25   Link #1596
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
while we are talking about seed, does anyone know why the astray red frame shows up very very briefly in the first opening of the show?
i mean sure, seed astray is a sidestory afterall but it really doesnt have anything to do with the show^^
and by the way, it really is the MBF-P02 and not the MBF-M1 M1 Astray, the grunt type orb MS, i checked on that.

this image pops up right after the other still images of the duel, the buster, the blitz and the aegis. i think thats kinda odd because that also groups it together with the "bad guys" :P

this really bothered me back when i was a kid and first watched the show. i always liked the red frame but it never showed up in the actual show XD
Just a cameo, nothing more. ReHOME, the mothership of the Junk Guild, also appears in one of the later episodes briefly...

And of course, Kira's survival after Ep 30's battle with Athrun had to do with Lowe Gear helping him out. One of the few tie-ins between Seed and Astray.
Old 2011-03-28, 20:44   Link #1597
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Does anyone know what type of bazooka the Dreissen uses in Unicorn ep 3?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...0864163545.jpg

Was it used in a previous series?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 20:46   Link #1598
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Does anyone know what type of bazooka the Dreissen uses in Unicorn ep 3?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...0864163545.jpg

Was it used in a previous series?
I don't know what type of Bazooka it is and I don't remember seeing a Dreissen in ZZ use it.
Old 2011-03-28, 20:50   Link #1599
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I don't know what type of Bazooka it is and I don't remember seeing a Dreissen in ZZ use it.
MAHQ doesn't list the ZZ Dreissen using any hand held ranged weaponry. So it's something from the Unicorn series alone I'm betting.

Guess I'll have to wait for a translation of the kit release.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 01:23   Link #1600
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Just a cameo, nothing more. ReHOME, the mothership of the Junk Guild, also appears in one of the later episodes briefly...

And of course, Kira's survival after Ep 30's battle with Athrun had to do with Lowe Gear helping him out. One of the few tie-ins between Seed and Astray.
ah sweet, the more you know^^ thanks!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote