AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 19:41   Link #1381
Xaturas

Average series. Will add it to my list of *watched but forgot what it was about*. Like the rest of average romances I watched.
Next ep is on dvd right, so I might as well just skip it. He will postpone election for Chisato, then Satsuki wins, and expose the Osomething girl and her crimes, the end.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:46   Link #1382
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Next ep is on dvd right, so I might as well just skip it.
The next episode will air on TV as usual. It's the (still unannounced, but quite probable based on the BDs/DVDs) 13th episode that will be disc-exclusive.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:57   Link #1383
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The next episode will air on TV as usual. It's the (still unannounced, but quite probable based on the BDs/DVDs) 13th episode that will be disc-exclusive.
And what will that be about ...
Series ends over the end, whats the point. It will be some fluff ep most likely, like those ovas that you sleep over, or just turn off halfway.
Old 2012-09-22, 20:01   Link #1384
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And what will that be about ...
Series ends over the end, whats the point. It will be some fluff ep most likely, like those ovas that you sleep over, or just turn off halfway.
My guess would be the typical bonus Ecchi packed episode, especially here were it would serve useful to get away from these drama filled episodes we've been going through.

Or if they really had the balls, an alternate girl ending.
Old 2012-09-22, 20:11   Link #1385
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
My guess would be the typical bonus Ecchi packed episode, especially here were it would serve useful to get away from these drama filled episodes we've been going through.
Yeah, honestly, given how drama-filled this show has been, I'd actually be okay with a bit of "fanservice" at this point. After all that's happened, all the characters could really use a nice trip to the beach or something...

(I kept myself really busy in high school, but I'm glad it wasn't that stressful... )
Old 2012-09-22, 20:15   Link #1386
Snuffle
likes cute things

I think it would be more logical for the disc exclusive ep to be about Non-chan's arc. I would be interested in seeing something like that since her story is in the psp game only and I know not a single thing about it.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 20:25   Link #1387
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I think it would be more logical for the disc exclusive ep to be about Non-chan's arc. I would be interested in seeing something like that since her story is in the psp game only and I know not a single thing about it.
By the time that the final disc is released, the psp game would have been available for nearly 6 months. So i have my doubts that it will be about Non-chan
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 03:38   Link #1388
Snuffle
likes cute things

Aww, I thought the psp game was already out... I didn't bother check. I really don't see a bathing suit ep for the disc exclusive.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 03:57   Link #1389
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Is this the same Koichoco I was watching about two months ago? You know the VN-cliche ridden one with annoying lolis, high-squeeled girls, random boob shots and censored panty shots and another one of run-down the mill "Let's save our club!" premises with subpar execution.

Fast forward to now, and now it's one of the most intensive, packed VN adaptations I've ever seen. Too packed I would say... I think I should call this show KoiPolitics rather than KoiChoco at this point, because the politics aspect of this series is something I've never seen in a VN anime before and it's very unique and nice to see. However, I'm not sure if I legitimately like this, or if I'm merely being very entertained from a "outrageous", perhaps so bad it's good point, because the amount of backdoor politics, "serious business" and underhanded tactics is HUGE considering the premise of it. It's completely off the charts unbelievable! We have a school here which is effectively a mega corporation and the parties running for the election are on the similar scale as running for an election of your province. I mean we have the use of bribes, spies, interrogations, and if need be the classic "let's remove all evidence by removing that person from existence"... or at least trying in Kana's case or tazering at the end of this episode. I'm completely mindblown at how seriously this anime is taking the politics issue to the point where normally I would be pi@#ed off, but I can't help but be really entertained by it.

Unfortunately, the romance front is less interesting and for that I can blame the whole Chisato fiasco. I don't hate her per se, but I disliked the way she started off happy-go-lucky, turned into a psychopath, then resorted being lovestruck. And we are supposed to buy that. Nope. Girl has some issues she needs to solve before being considered a romantic interest. At this point, Satsuki or Mifuyu are much better candidates.

However, I'm not too fussed about the romance front. This is no Mashiro-iro Symphony where I was [somewhat] invested in the shipping and to be fair the romance in KoiPolitics is no where near as good, but KoiPolitics has something no other anime I can remember in recent times (the politics) that I can't help but be somewhat invested in the series now. It's probably at this point my 4th best series I'm watching/watched this season behind Tari Tari, Jinrui and Hyouka (carryover), recently taking over the likes of even Kokoro Connect and Sword Art Online which have taken some very questionable directions as of late... like this ep actually, but in the BAD way.

Actually nevermind that last comment. I just realised it was contradictory .

This would be a memorable VN adpatation for me allright, but I think it might not be for necessarily the right reasons.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-23 at 04:12.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 04:25   Link #1390
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I do see Pocari Sweat's point. The politics side of this show really has been extremely good, and the latest episode hasn't taken much away from that (at least not yet).

So maybe I was a bit rash with the Jumping the Shark bit, although admittedly that was partly comedic/tongue-in-cheek anyway.

The "love" part of this show isn't doing much for me any more, but the "election" part is excellent. If Koi can end off the politics part of its show well, then I'll remember this show fondly in spite of its flaws.

Note - I'd so watch a political talk show called "KoiPolitics" hosted by Satsuki.
Old 2012-09-23, 04:35   Link #1391
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The anime cranked up the politics, while making the romance almost non existent. Funny enough, there was not that much "senkyo" compared to "koi" in the game.
Old 2012-09-24, 05:35   Link #1392
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ep 10 and ep 11 are nice in my opinion

honestly, I should say that Chisato's route isn't the best route in this anime... it still sounds little childish... but since I'm huge supporter of childhood friend, I'll approve Chisato's ending (well, from ep 11, we know who will Oojima end up with)

Michiru's story is also good.. who predict that she is actually a secret agent?

should admit that VN adaptation is very nice... although I really hope they will animate each route instead of doing only one since all of them are good enough!
I don't see any development about Isara anymore...

what's left is not romance anymore but pure politics...

and overall, I think this anime is quite enjoyable but easily forgotten for me... although for VN adaptation's anime, this is one of the best
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 08:59   Link #1393
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
honestly, I should say that Chisato's route isn't the best route in this anime... it still sounds little childish... but since I'm huge supporter of childhood friend, I'll approve Chisato's ending (well, from ep 11, we know who will Oojima end up with)
I'm a huge osananajimi fan and general shipper, and even I think that it's difficult to get past the execution here.

Quote:
Michiru's story is also good.. who predict that she is actually a secret agent?
It doesn't even feel like her story is resolved! It had a climax, but the denouement remains, and seems required to me.

Quote:
what's left is not romance anymore but pure politics...
It had better be, since that's the reason I'm still watching this show.

Quote:
and overall, I think this anime is quite enjoyable but easily forgotten for me... although for VN adaptation's anime, this is one of the best
Eh. I'll probably remember it in the same breath as Fortune Arterial, in having a bunch of promise, improving steadily over the weeks and then leaving me completely unsatisfied with a poor conclusion.

The election and the politics therein are the only remaining interesting part of the show, and honestly, that was always true. I think that's why I took a shine to Satsuki in the first place despite being fond of the Osananajimi romance option. Satsuki was always a player in the game. Chisato didn't have to be a player to be interesting from her position, but she never really became that: interesting.
Old 2012-09-25, 09:28   Link #1394
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’ve always been watching this series for its politics since episode 2. Thus, I feel a little betrayed when this episode just blitz through the candidate debate by only showing the said scene in a few seocnds with insert song playing in the background while the Chisato & Yuuki’s fake marrriage ceremony get a full scene. Aaarrrrghhhhhh!

Ok, ok, I know that this series is mainly about love and I’m being a bit unreasonable for hoping a fully realized debate scene between Oojima, Shinonono, & The Mask.
Old 2012-09-25, 16:36   Link #1395
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’ve always been watching this series for its politics since episode 2. Thus, I feel a little betrayed when this episode just blitz through the candidate debate by only showing the said scene in a few seocnds with insert song playing in the background while the Chisato & Yuuki’s fake marrriage ceremony get a full scene. Aaarrrrghhhhhh!

Ok, ok, I know that this series is mainly about love and I’m being a bit unreasonable for hoping a fully realized debate scene between Oojima, Shinonono, & The Mask.
Oh, the Masked guy.. hope they identify who he really is in the last episode
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:57   Link #1396
Miraluka
Banned

Thats why a omnibus format would have been better, Chisato is far to be loved by the fandom.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:00   Link #1397
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats why a omnibus format would have been better, Chisato is far to be loved by the fandom.
I am sure that someone (not sure if it was me or someone else) posted som time ago that an omnibus format would not work for koichoco, because it gets tedious to watch the same election phases (despite being little different for every route) several times in the middle of every route
Old 2012-09-25, 17:32   Link #1398
Arya

Speaking only for the romance, I'm not a fan of the omnibus format, so even in this case I'm fine with it, the problem is not the format. It's the writers. Anyways if anything this 13th episode could have been about another heroine ending instead of, probably, the usual useless random episode. Even because if they would go with Satsuki it would fit far better than the actual ending. But given how they handled this route I'm not sure anymore how such an episode could have been.
I mean the kidnapping ruined even the political plot .. well I can't say it now, but I don't know how they will handle it. I was curious to know how Oojima handled the scholarship issue during the debate giving his unclear, and delicate, position about it. Argument the Masked boy surely has used against Shinonome. Well, whatever

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:48   Link #1399
Mystic_Vegetto

Just a heads up for anyone that Preordered the Limited Edition version of the PSP Game. I got an email from the site I preordered from letting me know that due to the size and weight of the LE Box that they had to charge a lot more for my shipping. So check your emails because they might need your approval to approve the new shipping charge. Otherwise, your order might be delayed.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:40   Link #1400
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Speaking only for the romance, I'm not a fan of the omnibus format, so even in this case I'm fine with it, the problem is not the format.
I generally prefer unified over omnibus myself. Especially for a show like this one that has a major plotline separate from romance alone (the politics plotline).

That being said, I'm not sure if anime studios really get the inherent pros and cons of the two different formats.

The unified format's main advantage over the omnibus format is that the unified format can feel a bit more substantive and/or be a bit longer because it involves more than just one romance route.

However, if you want to really showcase all of the eroge source material's heroines, unified is not the way to go, and omnibus may well be the best option here. For unified to work, I think that the anime adaptation has to make clear, hard choices - Here I point to what I call the Clannad model.

Much of what made Clannad work is that the anime made a clear choice of one particular heroine, and incorporated only the parts of other girl's routes that could fit comfortably within a strict friendship perspective (for example, everything that Tomoya did for Kotomi could easily be perceived as him simply trying to help out a friend in need).

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate may have been better off never leading people on with the extensive Satsuki bits - It got people's hopes up, and it also meant that time that could have been devoted to developing Chisato/Oojima was spent elsewhere.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen