1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.49%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-16, 17:25   Link #1081
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
And if anybody could tell me who that was I suppose I could give a cookie as well.
I think he's talking about the fairy character.
Old 2008-04-16, 18:02   Link #1082
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Aura Battler Dunbine IIRC meets those criteria too. Though it does have a major character survivor.
And since Ideon's characters arguably get "reborned" I'd say its actually got a much more upbeat ending than Dunbine's, and that its characters don't actually "die"...
Old 2008-04-16, 21:08   Link #1083
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Gundam 0 was mothballed because it was horribly out of date. the GN-drive was taken out and shared between 2nd Generation Gundams while they were tested in the manga side story.

There is no reason to put it back. The Drive is better off in a new body.
I for one hope the 0 Gundam is a real factor...I don't want overboard TERMINAL type $hit if we can avoid it...I mean I know the upgrades are inevitable, but if it's just a new Kyrios, a new Exia (Gundam 00), a new unnamed Gundam to replace Nadleeh, the 0, and Throne Drei for the remainder of the series I can deal with that...I think the 0 is a tremendous symbol for CB and the way it was shown in the epilogue has me feeling like it will be included with some significance...I really wish it's a gritty situation where you can't just have unlimited Gundams fall from the sky and you have to just use what you have...I think a prediction that might not be too crazy would be Setsuna using the 0 before Gundam 00 is ready...As a symbol of his God or his inner-hope, I think it would be awesome to see him piloting the suit that basically shaped his entire faith in life...Aside from that I just wanna see the 0 in classic action...
Old 2008-04-16, 22:21   Link #1084
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I for one hope the 0 Gundam is a real factor...I don't want overboard TERMINAL type $hit if we can avoid it...I mean I know the upgrades are inevitable, but if it's just a new Kyrios, a new Exia (Gundam 00), a new unnamed Gundam to replace Nadleeh, the 0, and Throne Drei for the remainder of the series I can deal with that...I think the 0 is a tremendous symbol for CB and the way it was shown in the epilogue has me feeling like it will be included with some significance...I really wish it's a gritty situation where you can't just have unlimited Gundams fall from the sky and you have to just use what you have...I think a prediction that might not be too crazy would be Setsuna using the 0 before Gundam 00 is ready...As a symbol of his God or his inner-hope, I think it would be awesome to see him piloting the suit that basically shaped his entire faith in life...Aside from that I just wanna see the 0 in classic action...
Aside from maybe one sortie due to lack of other viable options (ala Gelgoog being used in Zeta, or Kira using Strike Rouge for one fight), there's really zero chance we'll see the 0 Gundam, considering how its performance is worse than that of the second gens...

IMO they showed the 0 Gundam in the end to tie up the plothole for those who saw the 1st ep and didn't know what it was. Other than that I highly doubt a suit that in all probability is worse than the GN-X and their replacements will be fielded by CB. Plus, they already gave away its gunpla for free, so they're not going to make money off it.
Old 2008-04-16, 22:47   Link #1085
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Maybe your right...But I wouldn't be jawdropping if they somehow cleaned-up the particle filter system over the last 4 years...Maybe like you said Setsuna will use it just for one epic encounter in one brief episode, but I do hope it is used more than that...Just like inferior suits have given the Gundams trouble, why couldn't the O (if piloted well) do the same thing to the GN Lancelots or whatever? This show encourages that kind of stuff...

A couple of key episodes where it's being used is pretty much all I'm asking for...With a couple of subtle upgrades and a good pilot I think it can do some damage, because,...well, "That's the power of a Gundam" ^^....
Old 2008-04-17, 02:27   Link #1086
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Maybe your right...But I wouldn't be jawdropping if they somehow cleaned-up the particle filter system over the last 4 years...Maybe like you said Setsuna will use it just for one epic encounter in one brief episode, but I do hope it is used more than that...Just like inferior suits have given the Gundams trouble, why couldn't the O (if piloted well) do the same thing to the GN Lancelots or whatever? This show encourages that kind of stuff...

A couple of key episodes where it's being used is pretty much all I'm asking for...With a couple of subtle upgrades and a good pilot I think it can do some damage, because,...well, "That's the power of a Gundam" ^^....
Well, if I had any say in the script, I would have wanted Gundam 0 to get into one final battle too. Setsuna would HAVE to be the pilot, and he would inevitably trash it.
And someone sentimental like me would prefer Setsuna taking a piece of Gundam 0 with him, perhaps as a necklace, before the MS is scraped for good.
Old 2008-04-17, 04:30   Link #1087
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think he's talking about the fairy character.
Cham. Who has to have survived to narrate. Though it is implied everyone may be reborn.

Zegapain of course tops this by killing the entire cast before the series starts and then killing the hero again in the intro.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 09:09   Link #1088
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Zegapain of course tops this by killing the entire cast before the series starts and then killing the hero again in the intro.
I think we have a winner.

@WD
I know you take up on challenges, you´ve made me rip hair a few times.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:32   Link #1089
Terra

If we do see the 0 Gundam in action I can only see it happening as a flashback. CB have a tendancy to have tricks up their sleeves that the 3 powers have found out several times to their cost before the Trinity's showed up.
Old 2008-04-18, 01:36   Link #1090
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I guess everyone's already posted their thoughts about the series and are heavily into discussion, but I figured I'd drop a few quick thoughts.

I really liked the premise of this series. The emphasis on politics and a situation that seemed pretty realistic made for a rather engaging setting. The Gundams were never terribly overpowered throughout the series, either. It kept the series less predictable. Fight scenes felt very intense.

Where th series faltered for me was in the character development. From the start there were too many characters and factions being focused on. Setsuna was seemingly chosen to be the main character, but by comparison with many other series he received very little screen time and we didn't get to see inside his thoughts quite as much. It made for an interesting form of presentation, but I found it hard to connect with him. Comparisons with Gundam SEED seem to be popular, so I'll add my own: I connected with Kira and the characters of SEED much better. The focus of the series was a bit different, though. Many of the characters in Gundam 00 felt a bit awkward, but that's largely because they were being set up for the events of the second half of the series, I'm certain.

The ending leaves me wondering what will happen, though. So we're left off with Ribbons and a gang of Innovators looking rather menacing - clearly the villains for the next half. But then we see that the three factions are essentially disbanding their militaries, and the world will have one united military. I saw that to mean that the world is largely united. Wasn't that the goal of Celestial Being? So assuming that negotiations don't break down, the goal has been met - what more is there for Celestial Being to do?

Side note: this is my 2,222nd post!
Old 2008-04-18, 08:39   Link #1091
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
So assuming that negotiations don't break down, the goal has been met - what more is there for Celestial Being to do?
That's the mystery...That's the scenerio inwhich we have no clue as to how it plays out...That's why this show is the most unpredictable G-series in recent memory if not in history...

MISSION INCOMPLETE

Next season will shape why...
Old 2008-04-18, 12:31   Link #1092
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It's also worrying to me. At the end of SEED we were left with a similar situation - treaties were being formed and it seemed like there was going to be a bright future. SEED Destiny shifted forward by two or so years and presented us with a relatively outrageous set of villains and broke down the treaties just a bit too quickly, given the amount of conflict that had seemingly just occurred.

Gundam 00 probably won't shift forward in time again, given that the last episode shifts forward by four years already. While the alliance is pretty much newly formed and arguably vulnerable, who would interfere with it? It'd be a bit bland if Ribbons and the Innovators tried to take over the world outright - I can't say it'd be nonsense but it's been done quite a bit and seems a bit unsophisticated for what the series has already accomplished.

Very interesting, yes, but still somewhat worrying.
Old 2008-04-18, 12:37   Link #1093
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The ending leaves me wondering what will happen, though. So we're left off with Ribbons and a gang of Innovators looking rather menacing - clearly the villains for the next half. But then we see that the three factions are essentially disbanding their militaries, and the world will have one united military. I saw that to mean that the world is largely united. Wasn't that the goal of Celestial Being? So assuming that negotiations don't break down, the goal has been met - what more is there for Celestial Being to do?
Don't forget, the ESF president specifically mentioned that they still had work to do unifying the rest of the world. Just because the three powers were unified doesn't mean the world is at rest... After all, many of the "interventions" in the first season were not targeted at the three powers but the rogue states and the like (ie Azadistan). Since its those rogue states that created much of the problems, CB still has plenty of work to do as well.
Old 2008-04-18, 18:45   Link #1094
Eric10301

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Don't forget, the ESF president specifically mentioned that they still had work to do unifying the rest of the world. Just because the three powers were unified doesn't mean the world is at rest... After all, many of the "interventions" in the first season were not targeted at the three powers but the rogue states and the like (ie Azadistan). Since its those rogue states that created much of the problems, CB still has plenty of work to do as well.
Yeah I think that will be part of next season. The 3 joined powers forcing some of the smaller country's who were not apart of them to begin with into their new government. So instead of having 3 "Powers" fighting we will have 1 "Super Power" pushing their ideas onto everyone.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:30   Link #1095
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Yeah I think that will be part of next season. The 3 joined powers forcing some of the smaller country's who were not apart of them to begin with into their new government. So instead of having 3 "Powers" fighting we will have 1 "Super Power" pushing their ideas onto everyone.
Having CB fighting against the EF would be going against CB's ideals. Creating a unified government was one of CB's first phase of their plan.

To attack it and assist any other rouge states would be detrimental to their plans wouldn't it?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 04:01   Link #1096
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's also worrying to me. At the end of SEED we were left with a similar situation - treaties were being formed and it seemed like there was going to be a bright future. SEED Destiny shifted forward by two or so years and presented us with a relatively outrageous set of villains and broke down the treaties just a bit too quickly, given the amount of conflict that had seemingly just occurred.

Gundam 00 probably won't shift forward in time again, given that the last episode shifts forward by four years already. While the alliance is pretty much newly formed and arguably vulnerable, who would interfere with it? It'd be a bit bland if Ribbons and the Innovators tried to take over the world outright - I can't say it'd be nonsense but it's been done quite a bit and seems a bit unsophisticated for what the series has already accomplished.

Very interesting, yes, but still somewhat worrying.
In real life the situation that occured in the end of SEED screamed bad directing. There is no way, even if some megasupercannon blows up one army will stop fighting. Its not like as if Lacus's voice is that powerful, shes already said the same lines what... more than 10 times throughout the series to all the armies without anyone listening. It seems like the feelings of the main character SOMEHOW affect everyone else telepathically.

00? The whole world has a reason to unite and they do it 5 eps before the conclusion, with a valid reason.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:31   Link #1097
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
In real life the situation that occured in the end of SEED screamed bad directing.
It's not bad directing, IMO. To me it was convincing. Of course, it's a less realistic show than 00. But who cares as long as the story is good and mechas are cool.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 09:09   Link #1098
M-1nG

I just Recently watch this anime
it was a pain to read this forum all from the start
so,can someone tell memore information about tieria?
is he dead?
will he appear in season 2 as another person than regene?
will he still appear as a boy?

Sorry For My Bad English Tense >.<
M-1nG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 11:32   Link #1099
Zeta Gundam

He probably is MIA like the others.

He COULD be dead now.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 15:13   Link #1100
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Spoiler for Tieria:

All in all, having watched the series all in one go recently, I am struck by something.

In a lot of ways, this feels like a long form prologue. It's telling us 'How the world got this way.'

Next season it will be time for Big Damn Heroes.