AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-29, 14:21   Link #281
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ha lol Alto fails as a pilot.

Reading another thread apparently Alto has no idea of the Eden dinobird glide.

Isamu and Guld does this for kicks.

Just goes to show Alto's a space colony boy.
Weren't the controls out of whack?
Old 2008-06-29, 14:37   Link #282
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
man i really can wait for next ep... want to know why would luca visit leon? maybe talk about the new engine that luca family made...
Old 2008-06-29, 14:45   Link #283
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Weren't the controls out of whack?
The dinobird glide requires lift then shutting down your thrusters letting the glide you via your wings.

It's not that the controls malfunctioned it's his engines that went out.

In fact this is reminicent of the Protoculture ruin on Lux (Macross) that prevents high altitude flying.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:00   Link #284
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. He successfully landed. What else can you ask?
Old 2008-06-29, 15:07   Link #285
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. He successfully landed. What else can you ask?
Any landing you can walk away from. I wonder if it was even damaged?
Old 2008-06-29, 15:15   Link #286
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hope not, since those things are supposed to be able to take a beating.

(And seriously, I don't see what was wrong with his performance. He had to thrusters, no landing gear, and even if he did, no flat surface on which to land. The only thing he could have done differently, maybe, was touch down in water. Also, is his plane even made to fly in atmosphere? I'd hope so, since it has wings, but you never know. Maybe the transforming ability screws with the lift generation.)
Old 2008-06-29, 15:22   Link #287
Wesley84

Do you think it can still use the battroid and gerwalk modes? Think Eureka Seven when they were trapped underground.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:54   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, thoughout the entire forum, I keep read about bring in a mech with giant speakers to the fight and stuff... But wow, I didn't think you guys were being serious

Great song though.

(New Macross watcher btw, never seen the previous...)
Old 2008-06-29, 15:56   Link #289
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Depends on what was stopped in addition to the thrusters. And even if he can transform, he'll still have to walk out. In Battroid mode, I guess. Doesn't look like a smooth ride.

But really, if he can, he should just radio for help and sit tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, thoughout the entire forum, I keep read about bring in a mech with giant speakers to the fight and stuff... But wow, I didn't think you guys were being serious

Great song though.

In Macross, songs win wars. I haven't watched it, but I've read that Macross 7's protagonist's primary and only weapon are goddamn speaker missiles.
Old 2008-06-29, 16:52   Link #290
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Great song though.

If you had not seen the previous Macross, don't start with Macross 7. I recommend the original, and DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE to anyone, but not 7.... ohhh not 7. Watch PLUS and ZERO too, but not 7...

Or read up on the source materials, and you will understand a lot more about the Macross universe.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-29, 16:57   Link #291
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If you had not seen the previous Macross, don't start with Macross 7. I recommend the original, and DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE to anyone, but not 7.... ohhh not 7. Watch PLUS and ZERO too, but not 7...

Or read up on the source materials, and you will understand a lot more about the Macross universe.

- Tak
Agreed. 7 was easily the worst series in the batch. Not that it was horrible, but it wasn't good either.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:04   Link #292
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Agreed. 7 was easily the worst series in the batch. Not that it was horrible, but it wasn't good either.
Yet, it was actually one of the most popular, with merchandise selling like hot cakes.

I don't suppose I will ever figure out why... because that was a horrible experience.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-29, 17:07   Link #293
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In Macross, songs win wars. I haven't watched it, but I've read that Macross 7's protagonist's primary and only weapon are goddamn speaker missiles.
Something like that... lol (been ages since I watched it).

Speaking of speakers... I can't help point out that the amp system used in this ep should have been so loud that everyone at the scene should have died - and that Ranka's voice would likely have been audible on the other side of the planet. That is, if that sound gauge that seems to go up to ~350db before hitting "max" is the output level of acoustic noise. Decibels are logarithmic - a 10db increase doubles the sound level and a 100db increase would be ~1000x louder.

Couldn't find a better list, but hopefully this gives an idea:
http://home.new.rr.com/trumpetb/audio/dBexamp.html

Anyway... I think that gauge was more like Ranka's increased chance of winning Alto

Also have to lol at the old Zent guy who was shocked that the commander wasn't up to date on pop culture - only in Macross
Old 2008-06-29, 17:28   Link #294
Tendou88

Poor sheryl !
Ranka stole Sheryl's "present" and gave it to Alto.

The new song was pretty good.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:31   Link #295
Wesley84

Has Ranka sang anything original other than her "magic" song? Or whatever songs are attirbuted to Sheryl?
Old 2008-06-29, 17:34   Link #296
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The first song of the ep was probably meant for her debut, so, yes.
Old 2008-06-29, 17:35   Link #297
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I felt it was entirely weird and didn't enjoy this episode that much either because the whole bit with the Zentradi fanbois was just boring (I'd have preferred more cute Ranka-singing bits or a slightly longer Alto/Temjin fight) (Especially since Ranka really was cute when singing this time, but I liked the bit where Sheryl was walking down the stairs too)
Yeah, really cute.

Not only that she was singing live (I presume) while standing in the back of a moving VF and doing all the dance motions properly!

Having not seen the original Macross, have we seen Zents faint / get nosebleeds in similar situations before?
Old 2008-06-29, 18:55   Link #298
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
actually im watching macross 7 now and i dont find it that diffcult to watch at all... i like all the singing.. on ep 10 so far...
Old 2008-06-29, 18:57   Link #299
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:

Great song though.

Like Tak said, watch the original, Plus and Zero first, then if you're up to it, watch the first ep of M7 on youtube and decide from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Having not seen the original Macross, have we seen Zents faint / get nosebleeds in similar situations before?
I think the closest to this we've seen is when Bassara conquered The Fleet of the Strongest Women!
Old 2008-06-29, 19:06   Link #300
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

I think the closest to this we've seen is when Bassara conquered The Fleet of the Strongest Women!
In the original, there was a scene involving a Zentradi scouting party watching the Miss Macross contest. When it gets to the swimsuit section, one of them pretty much admitted to having a boner. So, yeah. . . it happened before. . .

If you cannot find the original, PLUS or ZERO, but currently watching Macross F, may I suggest searching the web around for information regarding the previous series? Wikipedia is a good place to start. It'd make your experience all the more enjoyable.

- Tak
Closed Thread