AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-12, 12:49   Link #221
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
神浄 討魔 what does THIS mean?
I think that's Imagine Breaker.
Old 2010-01-12, 13:54   Link #222
tsunade666

That's connected to his name kamijou or a being passed god or something like that.
Old 2010-01-12, 14:54   Link #223
walt

I know about variant "God's staff" but here's -something else
Old 2010-01-12, 19:04   Link #224
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, you mean getting his memories or getting a complete imagine breaker?
I thought you meant both.
About the the doctor and Aleister, until now Heaven Canceller is an honest person and Aleister believe it or not he never lied-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Working off one theory, maybe we'll get to see young Touma using it to save a girl... And going by the Author's style, it'll probably be a young Mikoto... Lol!
Thats a crack theory like Fat-guy X Saten .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitashii View Post
how old is touma?
About 16-17
Old 2010-01-12, 19:19   Link #225
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yeah I felt pity for him when his parents confronted him :S.
Wait, so when do his parents find out about his memory loss?
Is it during Volumes 9-10 or some other time?
Old 2010-01-12, 21:51   Link #226
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
And before anyone says something like "the frog-faced doctor said his memories were gone forever" well, don't take this the wrong way, but try to keep in mind what this series is like. Kamachi has no fear of writing deus ex machina solutions to problems.
Yeah I know what you mean. I bet some part of the theories where Touma has a "super important past" will actually come to pass, even though there were no hints in the beginning when he did have his memory...

In these kinds of stories, its usually best if they're built backwards. The extremely basic foreshadowing seems to show that Kamachi really wasn't sure where he wanted to go at the beginning of the series. By basic foreshadowing I mean the "MYSTERY FACTOR". No, introducing a character/plot device and then telling us nothing about them/it does not really count as foreshadowing. It's more like keeping your options open ><

Anyhow, back to Touma: Do you think his memories will have any affect on his "lucky girl"? I seriously hope it doesn't end with an retarded "open ending".

Also, who's vent and what's her relationship to Touma?
Old 2010-01-12, 22:09   Link #227
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Aleister believe it or not he never lied-.
- Yup, he never lied, he simply didn't tell the truth. If you get what I mean.

Maybe it's because I'm Catholic, but the name Aleister Crowley isn't one that conjures up thoughts of the betterment of mankind...
Old 2010-01-12, 22:46   Link #228
Miraluka
Banned

People: Why you didn't tell the truth before??
Aleister: Because nobody asked me.
Remember he counts as a scientist.

Touma has a super sad past of you ask me thanks to his bad luck and thats why his father send him to Academy City, to fix the problem. At this point of the story, making his past something vital or important for the plot would be lame.
Old 2010-01-13, 01:25   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Also, who's vent and what's her relationship to Touma?
Vent of the Front, the first Member of [God's Right Seat], the greatest weapon of the Rome Catholic.

Relationship? Enemies.
Old 2010-01-13, 07:13   Link #230
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Should be spelled as Vento. :P
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:10   Link #231
Miraluka
Banned

God's right seat member uses italian words for their names:
Vento=Wind ---- > Vento dil Fronte(Wind of the Front)
Terra= Earth ----->Terra di la Sinistra(Earth of the Left)
Acqua= Water----->Acqua di la Schiena(Acqua of the Back)
Fiamma = Flame-----> Fiamma di la Destra(Flame of the Right)

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-13 at 10:23.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:04   Link #232
tsunade666

Vent first appeared at the ending of vol 12 and then touma and vent had an epic battle at vol 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
In these kinds of stories, its usually best if they're built backwards. The extremely basic foreshadowing seems to show that Kamachi really wasn't sure where he wanted to go at the beginning of the series. By basic foreshadowing I mean the "MYSTERY FACTOR". No, introducing a character/plot device and then telling us nothing about them/it does not really count as foreshadowing. It's more like keeping your options open ><
Maybe because INDEX was originally a one shot light novel. But due to popularity. Their comes second volume and so on. Like bakemonogatari where the ghost story is already ended but still the story continues.

And really I would like if they kinda change the title for the first part of the novel because INDEX MOSTLY APPEAR CAMEO FOR ME IN THE EARLY NOVELS ><

well she had an active role on the later volumes but before. She's like a side character.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:05   Link #233
giorno

actually, it depends on wether their titles refer to parts of the body or directions. I'm assuming it's the former given wilfriback's post(it should be given that, gramatically in english, their titles seems to be nouns rather than adjectives)
then:
Vento della fronte
Terra della sinistra
Aqua della schiena
Fiamma della destra

if it's the latter(refers to directions[adjectives]) it would be:
vento del davanti[this is a gramatical horror, Vento anteriore or Vento frontale would be the proper terms]
terra della sinistra
aqua del dietro[again, a grammatical horror, Aqua posteriore or Acqua arretrata would be better]
fiamma della destra
Old 2010-01-13, 13:35   Link #234
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Vent first appeared at the ending of vol 12 and then touma and vent had an epic battle at vol 13.

Maybe because INDEX was originally a one shot light novel. But due to popularity. Their comes second volume and so on. Like bakemonogatari where the ghost story is already ended but still the story continues.

And really I would like if they kinda change the title for the first part of the novel because INDEX MOSTLY APPEAR CAMEO FOR ME IN THE EARLY NOVELS ><

well she had an active role on the later volumes but before. She's like a side character.
No. It was not a one shot novel. There was no real closure to anything in the first novel.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:37   Link #235
tsunade666

I think its the direction. Given the four corners of the world and four sides of god or something like that.
Old 2010-01-13, 14:44   Link #236
Miraluka
Banned

Are the the sides of the throne of God.
Old 2010-01-13, 14:54   Link #237
walt

NB: Throne of God according Christianity (not only) - is separate rank of angels- they even call - Thrones
Old 2010-01-13, 14:58   Link #238
LockeManuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
actually, it depends on wether their titles refer to parts of the body or directions. I'm assuming it's the former given wilfriback's post(it should be given that, gramatically in english, their titles seems to be nouns rather than adjectives)
then:
Vento della fronte
Terra della sinistra
Aqua della schiena
Fiamma della destra

if it's the latter(refers to directions[adjectives]) it would be:
vento del davanti[this is a gramatical horror, Vento anteriore or Vento frontale would be the proper terms]
terra della sinistra
aqua del dietro[again, a grammatical horror, Aqua posteriore or Acqua arretrata would be better]
fiamma della destra
I think they're sides, and I prefer keeping "di" in all sentences:
- Vento di fronte
- Terra di sinistra
- Acqua di dietro (though this isn't very good)
- Fiamma di destra

Note: Aqua is "Acqua" in italian. The spell don't change, though.
Old 2010-01-13, 14:58   Link #239
Miraluka
Banned

Also I can recall when Sherry named the fourth angels who represents the four heavens.
Old 2010-01-13, 15:52   Link #240
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
Note: Aqua is "Acqua" in italian. The spell don't change, though.
yes, i always sucked at grammar (though seriously speaking, i just didn't noticed it, lol )
Closed Thread