AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-12, 07:46   Link #201
Lebron
I hear voices

I think he was referring to that the last Nintendo console, before the Wii, he's owned was an NES. Anyway, don't mind me. Continue on with your little cat fight
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 08:04   Link #202
Lebron
I hear voices

lol, maybe I was mistaken. I have been up for 26 hours now studying for finals, so I'm a little slow. I loved the sarcasm doh, if that really was sarcasm.

Anyways, some positive PS3 news, um there will be new FF13 trailers in the upcoming Jump Fest this week

Time to pass out the cake and punch. None for Kayos, and Onizuka untill they kiss and make up.
Old 2006-12-12, 08:20   Link #203
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lol. correct. last time I owned a nintendo was a NES, the wii's only going to be the second nintendo i've ever own.

Besides, dunno how this can be a cat fight, clearly im a rotten mongel mutt.

So, when you get your nintendo Wii kayos, (when the price drops of course) feel free to add my friend code, lets exchange some mii's! And i'll do vice versa (when the price drops of course) and lets exchange some....erm.....crabs?

lol.
Old 2006-12-12, 08:32   Link #204
Lebron
I hear voices

nice try Onizuka, but still not cake and punch for you. Because your avatar and sig are freaking me out, since they keep moving every 9seconds...

God I need sleep, I hate college finals with a passion.

Not to totally derail the thread, is anyone having problem with their PS3? Ours stopped working yesterday, we would turn it on and get a greyish blueish screen. Then we turned it on earlier today, and it was working fine. Weird
Old 2006-12-12, 11:33   Link #205
HimuraKiyone
Editor Extrordinaire

Send a message via ICQ to HimuraKiyone Send a message via AIM to HimuraKiyone Send a message via MSN to HimuraKiyone Send a message via Yahoo to HimuraKiyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
I dunno, would be interesting to be able to hold one for a moment and give it a try. Really, the aging PS1 controller design has been showing its age for quite some time. Right now I'd rate the PS3 controller "acceptable." Everyone else is moving on, though.

If not the ergonomics, I'd like to see them at least tweak the button and analogue layout. That's assuming, of course, that next generation we don't see everyone moving towards controllers similar to the Wii.
Actually, I was happy to find out when I first held my new controller that the design was tweaked a little. The shape is absolutely the same. But the R2 and L2 triggers are actually trigger-like. They are not shaped like triggers, the button shape is the same. But they are no longer buttons. You can pull them back more, like a trigger. They release with a nice snap to them. It's very comfortable. As a note that is purely preference on my part, I wish that the color Sony chose for their new system was an orangey-red. I really liked the blue. Gomen red lovers!

@Lebron I've had no problems with mine yet. That is really weird. I'm assuming that it wasn't just the blue screen on the tv when nothing is playing to it? It was a different color than the bright tv blue? Do let us know if it happens again. That's what warrenties are for, ne? Oh, and do you have a PSN UN?
HimuraKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 11:45   Link #206
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
by the way, how is sony warranty service? Nintendo has outstanding turn arounds, within a week RMA, and sometimes they don't even have you send it and comfirm it's delivery before sending out a replacement. (so for a period you have two/three Wii with you, before you send back the broken one)

Been hearing really bad stories of ps3 customer service, dunno how it's like in the UK & Europe, but i hope i don't have to find out.
Old 2006-12-12, 16:49   Link #207
Knightmare213

About the controller of PS3, only I don't like about the controller is actually the design. The only reason why I would've loved the former controller for the PS3 is because it doesn't look like its former PSs' controllers.

What the PS3 consumers are given is bascially an upgraded version (maybe not since Sony took out the rumbler) of the PS2 controller: wireless controls and the SIXAXIS. I still would've liked the Boomerang controller without the SIXAXIS, since the only PS3 game that uses the SIXAXIS is Lair, where you have to control your dragon's flight path with the motions of the controller.

BTW, there is a good news for the future PS3 gamers: the manufaturing issues with Sony for the PS3 have been solved. If you want to see the article explaining that, I'll post the article link with no hesitance.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 17:35   Link #208
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
What the PS3 consumers are given is bascially an upgraded version (maybe not since Sony took out the rumbler) of the PS2 controller: wireless controls and the SIXAXIS. I still would've liked the Boomerang controller without the SIXAXIS, since the only PS3 game that uses the SIXAXIS is Lair, where you have to control your dragon's flight path with the motions of the controller.
Not really. Warhawk, Blazing Angels and Motorstorm, just to name a few games, will all be taking advantage of the SIXAXIS control as well. That is to say, it will play a major role in how you play the game if you wish to take that route (I think they all offer a more traditional control scheme as well... not too sure about Warhawk). I still think it remains to be seen whether it can be anything more than a gimmick for most PS3 games, though I found the SIXAXIS control for NHL 2K7 quite intriguing.

Quote:
BTW, there is a good news for the future PS3 gamers: the manufaturing issues with Sony for the PS3 have been solved. If you want to see the article explaining that, I'll post the article link with no hesitance.
Please do.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 18:12   Link #209
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
About the controller of PS3, only I don't like about the controller is actually the design. The only reason why I would've loved the former controller for the PS3 is because it doesn't look like its former PSs' controllers.

Keep in mind that the PS3 is very expandable, though.
From what I understand, the PS3 is perfectly capable of doing everything the Wii does, and if Sony wanted to, I'm sure they could create a controller for Wii-like games. Not sure if that's copyright infringement, but it's probably not since the Sixaxis is already quite similar to the Wiimote.

Regardless though, you can't say the motion detection is any more a gimmick than rumble. If anything, rumble motors make the controller heavy. I tend to turn the rumble off in most games, since I could care less about immersion. No one complained that the Wiimote is missing rumble, anyways.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 18:22   Link #210
Knightmare213

@Dark `: Request received and taken care of: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21577
And thanks for reminding me of all the games that will use the SIXAXIS. I just remembered that Sony announced their SIXAXIS controller at E3 2006 with Warhawk.

@Papaya: No one complained about the Wiimote's lack of rumbler is because it lacks the lacking of the rumbler.

In other words, Wiimote comes with the rumbler built in. I held it once and it was very lighter then I thought it was. Maybe that's why it flies off of people's hand and into someone's face, their plasma TV, window, or all of the above.
Old 2006-12-12, 19:00   Link #211
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
They are still making dreamcast games? I highly doubt that.
http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001413.html
http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001419.html
Quote:
From what I understand, the PS3 is perfectly capable of doing everything the Wii does, and if Sony wanted to, I'm sure they could create a controller for Wii-like games.
Except that this Wii-like controller wouldn't be the default, and thus would be barely used.
Quote:
Not sure if that's copyright infringement, but it's probably not since the Sixaxis is already quite similar to the Wiimote.
It only seems similar to the laymen. The technology is quite different.
Old 2006-12-12, 23:11   Link #212
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKiyone View Post
Actually, I was happy to find out when I first held my new controller that the design was tweaked a little.
Yes, the trigger buttons. That is a nice little touch, but it's only that, a nice little touch. The face buttons are still the same old layout, the analogue sticks are in the same flawed position, and unless there's a difference not immeadiately apparent in the ergonomics, then while not uncomfortably to hold, the controller isn't exceptionally comfortable either. Adequate, as I said before. Also, the lack of rumble is just a huge step backwards. I remember thinking rumble packs were a silly, dumb idea back in the day, but now that I've been spoiled by them for years, I really don't relish the idea of moving into a new generation without that feature.

I will give Sony credit for the pressure sensitive buttons, though. That was a fantastic idea that I'm dissapointed Microsoft hasn't (at least to my knowledge) picked up on.

The following are quoted for emphasis:

Quote:
Except that this Wii-like controller wouldn't be the default, and thus would be barely used.
This is a basic principle of the console industry. This is why no one gives Sega credit for analogue controllers making a comeback. If you make a new controller for an already existing console, it is an optional peripheral. As such, developers will not likely spend much time working on options to support it, since the majority of people will not have said peripheral.

Quote:
No one complained about the Wiimote's lack of rumbler is because it lacks the lacking of the rumbler.
Indeed. This is the second or third time I've heard someone suggest that the Wii controller lacks a rumble feature, when it in fact does have one.
Old 2006-12-12, 23:32   Link #213
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
@Dark `: Request received and taken care of: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21577
And thanks for reminding me of all the games that will use the SIXAXIS. I just remembered that Sony announced their SIXAXIS controller at E3 2006 with Warhawk.
Thanks for the link. After reading it I had a sense that I read something similar before on IGN. It might've been the same article (probably was) and I just probably missed the whole "problem fixed" thing. Let's just hope that it's true and not some PR stunt or something.

Quote:
In other words, Wiimote comes with the rumbler built in. I held it once and it was very lighter then I thought it was. Maybe that's why it flies off of people's hand and into someone's face, their plasma TV, window, or all of the above.
Yeah, the Wiimote is pretty light. I would say that it would be equal in weight to about 3 AA batteries... that's with the 2 AA batteries in them. I don't understand how people keep letting go of them and have them fly through rooms and hit people/objects. I've played Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Trauma Center and Twilight Princess... not once have I ever felt I would have the controller slip out of my hand. And yes, I do the whole range of motion while playing Wii Sports... if you just flick your wrist for that you're so a tool.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:10   Link #214
Knightmare213

More bad news for the PS3 owners and future owners according to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCD9TwLrVs

The video shows how the PS3's backward capability is poor and messes up the graphics of the PS2 games and PS1 games. The video uses Final Fantasy X's opening scene as an example. Really suprising when I saw this.
Old 2006-12-14, 00:20   Link #215
Lebron
I hear voices

Heh, 360's BC was like that for a while But, they got most of it fixed with the updates. Just give Mr. Sony time, they should get most of the kinks worked out, for the most part. Well at least for the games that matter :P
Old 2006-12-14, 02:38   Link #216
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
That video is probably real, but the guy's claims probably aren't.

You'd think that with a problem that big, other people would actually notice.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:51   Link #217
Lebron
I hear voices

The problem is real. They have people complaining about it on alot of forums.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...773566#M773566

Theres one for instance. It seems to be a problem with the emulation not being compatible with HD or something. Actually I don't really know what the problem is since we don't play PS2 games on our PS3. So yea, wouldn't really know :P But a friend of mine was playing Tales of the Abyss on his PS3, and he said it was terrible quality and a bug fest. He had to turn it off and just use his normal PS2. Then again, it just launched. Anyone who taught it would be w/o problems, is yea, stupid

But yea that guy's video maybe have overdone it just a tad :P
Old 2006-12-14, 02:56   Link #218
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Well there's only one way to find out the truth.
going to use some Kingdom Hearts Magic?
Old 2006-12-14, 03:26   Link #219
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah well it is the PS forum, anyone who says anything bad about it is automatically called a troll. But yea, your right it is kind of weird. Also I hope you don't mean taking the PS3 apart, do you?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=131102&page=5

heres a better one, scroll down to DC charlies posts, he posts Okami and ICO running on the PS3.
Old 2006-12-14, 04:03   Link #220
Lebron
I hear voices

Yea, Okami is a work of art, IMO. The game looks beautiful when you're playing it on your PS2. But those screens of it running on the PS3, don't do the game justice. I'm sure the problem will be worked out in the coming months, so its all good.

Tags
console, ps3, sony