AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 10:31   Link #221
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
But didn't she already return his notebook?
Which also means that she's already freeing him...
Who knows if she has already made a back up copy.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:35   Link #222
larethian

^ it doesn't matter. The notebook at this point in time, and probably has been since a long time ago despite Masuzu's denial, is merely a symbolic thing. See it like a 'bond' in their relationship.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:36   Link #223
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
she would break up with Eita
She already has. That's what she did with the e-mail she sent him at the end.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:56   Link #224
kazzuya13

break-up though mail and personal is different. I think Eita will not accept it until she told him face to face
Old 2013-04-04, 13:39   Link #225
Used Can

In this case, the effect would have been the same.
She's "breaking up" with him, not because she no longer wants to be with Eita, but because she's giving up.
Remember she was about to give up in volume 2 and volume 4. The difference being this time she actually put it into words (even if it was by e-mail) and she returned him his notebook.

Eita's main issues in the following novels will be:
1. Sort out his own feelings.
2. Deal with the girls depending on what his answer for #1 is.
3. Regardless of what his feelings might be, he'll probably still want Masuzu not to give up and stay, which means confronting her again and have her be honest with herself. This also means confronting her father, by having him let her be (and recognise them as a couple, if that's what Eita's feelings are).
Old 2013-04-04, 23:45   Link #226
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
In this case, the effect would have been the same.
She's "breaking up" with him, not because she no longer wants to be with Eita, but because she's giving up.
Remember she was about to give up in volume 2 and volume 4. The difference being this time she actually put it into words (even if it was by e-mail) and she returned him his notebook.

Eita's main issues in the following novels will be:
1. Sort out his own feelings.
2. Deal with the girls depending on what his answer for #1 is.
3. Regardless of what his feelings might be, he'll probably still want Masuzu not to give up and stay, which means confronting her again and have her be honest with herself. This also means confronting her father, by having him let her be (and recognise them as a couple, if that's what Eita's feelings are).
I think Eita will think that masuzu was forced by her father to break up with him. And he will confront both Masuzu and her father
Old 2013-04-05, 03:38   Link #227
whitecloud

At any rate....at the next volume eita will definitely confront masuzu, and maybe meet her father, but the resolution of masuzu staying might not because eita persuasion but rather the other harem member provocation...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 00:42   Link #228
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Anyway, ゴゴゴゴゴゴ.....

So, translation of the first volume is done. Sadly editing is far from reaching that very same state (ups?)
Old 2013-07-14, 00:09   Link #229
[X].I.E.[N]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Based on larethian's summaries, ...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

by the way, when will vol 7 release? anyone get a clue?
[X].I.E.[N] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 12:01   Link #230
Miraluka
Banned

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Ai chapter 2 and is freaking hilarious.

Ai's dad is gonna explode soon.

Chapter 4:

Ai being NTR-ed by her own delusion ... ntr, ntr everywhere.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-10-05 at 13:39.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:26   Link #231
soratanobaka

So he ended this Light Novel at volume 6.5, just telling us "ummm hey, so I'm not going to give you an answer about what happens after Masuzu left Eita, BUT DID YOU KNOW KAROU IS A GIRL". Please someone tell me there are more volumes coming
soratanobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 09:59   Link #232
taichi-kun

What? I think the LN are still on going...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 11:17   Link #233
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
What? I think the LN are still on going...
Yeah, this is true. The problem is that for a while the author hasn't put up more than one or 2 books a year (this year saw volume 6 & 6.5, after that I knew that I couldn't hold my breath for more 2013 releases )

Oh, speaking off, I once mentioned that the author did no side project this year, but I was actually wrong. At first escaped me, but later I noticed that he did a 90 pages or so 3 part short story called Ore no Kanojo to Osanananjimi a Shuraba Sugiru -1. It was released in the oreshura centric limited release magazine pachi lemon.

Spoiler for Pachi Lemon 7 cover:

Notice how the cover mentions something about -1 final chapter? You can see it unless you are distracted by Masuzu's chest Anyway, I don't know how Pachi Lemon was released and I haven't checked any of -1, but I do know that it doesn't have any illustration (where is my Ruroo fix?). I wonder if they are going to eventually compile it in a single tankoubon, like what they did with +H (which apparently also had a bunch of "short story limited release" in this fashion prior to the manga existence and 6.5). Heck, for what we know Yuuji Yuuji might put up Shuraba Ai in a book.

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-10-18 at 00:09.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 12:34   Link #234
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think it is an example of the author having no clue how to further develop the story and diverging too far from the shuraba aspect...

Masuzu is fine, she is willing to play somewhat dirty and stir up trouble. The other girls are just too weak to compete. Instead of a shuraba you end up with Masuzu steamrolling the other 3 combined in a giant bulldozer.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 13:44   Link #235
Miraluka
Banned

^Except Ai, of course.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:21   Link #236
leadeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I think it is an example of the author having no clue how to further develop the story and diverging too far from the shuraba aspect...

Masuzu is fine, she is willing to play somewhat dirty and stir up trouble. The other girls are just too weak to compete. Instead of a shuraba you end up with Masuzu steamrolling the other 3 combined in a giant bulldozer.
I think that's fine. Masuzu, as strong as she is, is weak against herself in a sense. She might be strong fighting against the other girls, but when forced to focus on herself, she breaks down due to having never dealt with those sorts of problems. No matter how hard she fights against herself, in the end she's going to lose. Plus if the other girls manage to zone in those issues, they have a chance of beating her. Well "beat."
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:59   Link #237
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

if my memory is correct Ai also stand no chance. I think the anime made her look good (I didn't watch), but she just does not have the same clique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
I think that's fine. Masuzu, as strong as she is, is weak against herself in a sense. She might be strong fighting against the other girls, but when forced to focus on herself, she breaks down due to having never dealt with those sorts of problems. No matter how hard she fights against herself, in the end she's going to lose. Plus if the other girls manage to zone in those issues, they have a chance of beating her. Well "beat."
Then this defeats the selling point and the main theme of the novel as a shuraba.
The main candidates should be on a every-girl-for-herself basis and be willing to use underhanded tactics. Masuzu is awesome in my eyes because that is what she offers.

This is why I believe the author has no clue what he is writing (lack of proper planning). Even Masuzu broke down to a girl in constant deredere mode who thinks of nothing but rubbing her body against Eito all day.

In fact there novel might have been more interesting if it is a fight between an aggressive Masuzu going after Eita with underhanded tactics while he aggressively pushes her away. He is a failure when it comes to the anti-romance department.

I see all those side volumes as delay tactics+author giving in to his true desire to sell service novels.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:06   Link #238
leadeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Then this defeats the selling point and the main theme of the novel as a shuraba.
The main candidates should be on a every-girl-for-herself basis and be willing to use underhanded tactics. Masuzu is awesome in my eyes because that is what she offers.

This is why I believe the author has no clue what he is writing (lack of proper planning). Even Masuzu broke down to a girl in constant deredere mode who thinks of nothing but rubbing her body against Eito all day.

In fact there novel might have been more interesting if it is a fight between an aggressive Masuzu going after Eita with underhanded tactics while he aggressively pushes her away. He is a failure when it comes to the anti-romance department.

I see all those side volumes as delay tactics+author giving in to his true desire to sell service novels.
Isn't the main theme not just shuraba, but also the fact it's a self performing act? The act of pretending to be something you're not? It's not just the fighting between the girls, but also the idea of being a fake. It's always felt like the fighting between the girls is more for the sake of comedy rather than seriousness, while the idea of the self performing act is the more important of the two themes for drama. It's just that now the author is getting into the more serious parts of the shuraba, where it's not just silly tactics and trickery, a battle where it's all for fun and no one gets hurt, but one with real consequences, forcing themselves to question their own act. Like in volume 6, it's primarily Masuzu vs Hime, a very bitter battlefield, not on romance, but rather a battle of ideals, fake vs reality, in which the ideals that Masuzu clings onto being wiped away by the straightforward attack of Hime. And then there's Chiwa making an attack on Eita when Masuzu is at her weakest, causing Masuzu to decide to abandon the battlefield, due to her self-doubt being amplified by the duel with Hime and Eita and the fact that in her eyes, she will never be able to reach a real bond with Eita.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 22:08   Link #239
taichi-kun

Ohh Dat Masuzu

I didn't know that the manga oreshura +H was based on a short novel

Oreshura -1 could be a story set in the past..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:44   Link #240
cRs95
Senior

Confused

Hello there,

normally I dont register in forums, but I followed many topics with bookmarks, and finally it's time for me to say HI ^^

Soooo... I watched the Anime of Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru the last 2 days, all 13 Episodes to the end.
I also looked everywhere for some explanations,(sorry If this was already answered, but I didn't found it)

1. Is the Light Novel still on going? Normally there was a break for about max. 6 months or something, and Volume 7 is already 10 months old!

2. I couldn't find a translation for Volume 7, did Eita finally choose a girl? What has happened at the end of Volume 7?

I hope I didn't overlooked any answers for my questions. Thanks in advance!
cRs95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen