AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 20:32   Link #821
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I can't believe how many people hate this series already.

I go on MAL and other sites and it's 'This sucks moar fighting/WTF IS THIS ABOUT'. I understood what Kuro said.

And no one likes Neko....yeah she's fanservice, but it's not like she's supposed to be human XD

That being said, Blue Group Chick looks like she's gonna be a major bitch.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:37   Link #822
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

I go on MAL and other sites and it's 'This sucks moar fighting/WTF IS THIS ABOUT'. I understood what Kuro said.

And no one likes Neko....yeah she's fanservice, but it's not like she's supposed to be human XD

Yeah, I agree that MAL tends to be full of more bull than what Yashiro can pull off. That's why I don't go there very often. Apparently, bashing on an anime series makes you look cool or something, because it'll seem like you have "high standards".

I actually think Seri sounds interesting. She seems like a really cold woman and quite the extreme one at that, but I'm sure there's more to her than meets the eye. Especially her relationship with Izumo - that "private partnership" isn't something people would expect from someone so fiercely loyal to SCEPTER4 as her.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:39   Link #823
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

Hey, hey.. I like Neko.,. she's pretty hot... I just don't like her teasing us brutally by slightly tempting us....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:43   Link #824
Insane
Banned

Instead of Neko, my favorite character of this episode is definitely that cleaning robot.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:14   Link #825
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I really liked Episode 3. This anime has a great sense of humor, and some important details are starting to come out.

Kuro is a great character. His gushing over his dead master is indeed pretty funny and cute.

K isn't what I expected - I thought it would be more about explosive combat than comedy - but what it has turned out to be is still a good show.
Old 2012-10-20, 21:21   Link #826
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Anyone wanna bet that over there at MAL, they won't admit it, but their favorite character is the Sosuke Aizen tape recorder?
Old 2012-10-20, 21:25   Link #827
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Instead of Neko, my favorite character of this episode is definitely that cleaning robot.
You're too kind.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 02:05   Link #828
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Excellent episode, some stuff are starting to make sense now. The comedy and action blends in very well, and the show can still be taken seriously.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 02:07   Link #829
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I actually think Seri sounds interesting. She seems like a really cold woman and quite the extreme one at that, but I'm sure there's more to her than meets the eye. Especially her relationship with Izumo - that "private partnership" isn't something people would expect from someone so fiercely loyal to SCEPTER4 as her.
Unless Izumo is really selling Homra out.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 02:12   Link #830
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Unless Izumo is really selling Homra out.
If Izumo is selling Homura out, I'm inclined to believe that he's not the only one. Possibly only acting on part of a plan by Mikoto, because if he's truly betraying Mikoto, Anna would be able to catch on it right away. Anna knew that he was lying to Yata and the others, but definitely not in a way that betrays Mikoto.

So if Izumo is selling Homura out, Anna's part of it too. Which I don't really think so because of several hints from the 100 Days Visuals that Anna pretty much is gambling her entire life on Mikoto, because she can't continue surviving without him.
Old 2012-10-21, 02:37   Link #831
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
does anyone know what this show is under in myanimelist? "K" doesnt really help find it lol
Old 2012-10-21, 02:58   Link #832
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
does anyone know what this show is under in myanimelist? "K" doesnt really help find it lol
Here you go http://myanimelist.net/anime/14467/K
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 03:19   Link #833
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

I was at Kino yesterday getting the manga and a bunch of weaboos came up pointed at the copy I was holding and then whispered among themselves "Hey...it's that new yaoi show...Even Zetsuen is not as bad....at least it has plot"

sigh...

Quote:
Which I don't really think so because of several hints from the 100 Days Visuals that Anna pretty much is gambling her entire life on Mikoto, because she can't continue surviving without him.
100 Days Visuals is? Yeah...Anna doesn't look like the type to betray Mikoto.

Anyway, did anyone here actually got the feeling that Munakata was actually concerned for Mikoto there...? When he implied he rather not leave Mikoto alone like that...
Old 2012-10-21, 04:00   Link #834
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I'm crossing my fingers wishing K will turn out to have downright breathlessly epic plot twists in the later episodes just so that people stop calling it a plotless yaoi show. Honestly.
Old 2012-10-21, 04:40   Link #835
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I'm crossing my fingers wishing K will turn out to have downright breathlessly epic plot twists in the later episodes just so that people stop calling it a plotless yaoi show. Honestly.
Plotless Yaoi show? Those people are mean. Isn't that title reserved for Hetalia and Prince of Tennis? Anyhoo, this show has potential, and for crying out loud it's only 3 episodes in. You think that people have a certain limit of episodes they watch before calling something good or bad and that kinda ruins the experience?
Old 2012-10-21, 06:02   Link #836
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The got boobs of Seri, the chick from Scepter 4 with the mini-skirt, all messed up. Seems like they can't draw in perspective.

Some good animation and then some bad. Seriously, they can't draw massive fully clothed boobs from the side?

This show is all over the place.

Plot:
- psychic powers
- world is ruled by underground/secret societies of psychic people
- highly psychic dudes called kings can unlock latent psychic powers in others or make them more powerful
- black clan psychic dude tries to kill some dude that doesn't know he has psychic powers
- cat turns into chick
- heroes are two bishonen guys who fight other bishonen
- almost everyone is a model... Magnum pose
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 11:14   Link #837
justpassingby

CM for Tsumetai Heya, Hitori Didn't Mikako-shi got sun-burnt when she shot the PV for Chun-Li? Can't wait for that too.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
There was another cat? .
Personally I hated what Director Satou did to Miniskirt Space Pirates novels, but I would like to thank him for letting this girl to sing. He helped both angela and Mikako-shi.
Old 2012-10-21, 12:06   Link #838
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think a smug alert just went up in the vicinity of this show during the opening scenes, although I tend to find it amusing more often than not when the cast of a show is this overly assured of itself, however that doesn't completely save the episode on amusement value front. It was at least nice of them to bother to fill the viewers in finally on what they all know perfectly well about, but what's with all this talk of Kings of Color. Am I watching Accel World again all of a sudden? Also how would a code Navy Blue measure up against a Code Royal Blue?

This show seems to be well aware of how absurd it's premise and cast is and is playing it in a fairly tongue in cheek style so far, but I can't help but feel that it comes across a little bit as lampshading. Maybe it's just that as usual I don't really get how a lot of the comedy is supposed to be funny (though there were a few moments like the red clansman and his bar there were an equal amount of duds like just about everything involving Shiro/Kuro/Neko), but I suppose I'll just say instead that what made this episode better than the last one was some more forward progression on the overall plot of trying to get to the bottom of the murder and whether it was Shiro that committed it or not. Still this show really is taking it's time and if I had to guess why it's that the plot might end up being a little thin even for a 12 episode series and that they are trying to stretch it out a little. Guess we'll see in time.

P.S: I freely admit to being almost impossible to please when it comes to comedy in anime and the list of stuff that doesn't work on and just annoys me is much MUCH longer than the list of stuff that will illicit chuckles and laughs.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-21 at 12:21.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 14:00   Link #839
kuromitsu

lol this episode. Oh Kurou. You're one "OYAKATASAMAAAAAA!!" away from Yukimura. (Not that it's a bad thing.) Also, did you notice his phone charm? It has "KURO" stitched in it, seriously, how adorkable can he be?!

And that intro. "Too bad you can't sit with me 24/7 and subdue me by force when necessary..." "Yeah, I agree." I'd say "get a room" but they're already in a cell with chains and everything.

Anyway, interesting stuff about the characters this week (and some exposition, but we've already known most of that). The Sexy Corps are apparently bad guys to some extent: they apparently serve The Man (the Gold King), and there's also that whole conversation between Seri & Reishi... though it's not clear what Reishi is really thinking. He's obviously worried about Mikoto to some degree, but then he's all "lol cool let's trample on him aww yeah" to Seri. Maybe it's a business/personal thoughts divide?

Saruhiko used to be a member of Homra, that wasn't that much of a surprise. I'm really wondering about what he's doing in Team Blue. Was he too ambitious and wanted more power? Or is he actually a mole? Or did he just like that snazzy blue uniform? Or maybe... maybe it's something involving Reishi, pleeease writers, let them have delicious brotherly drama.

The humor in this show works for me very well. From Kurou's matter-of-fact "Alright, I'll kill you now", Neko's antics (she's so cute!! though like many anime cats she has more of a dog personality...) and Kurou being a total dork, to the cleaner robots (SO. CUTE.) and Kurou and Shiro having exposition while standing and holding a table so the robot can go about its job, I just enjoy it a lot. Also, Izumo making Yata and whatshisname Nakamura Yuuichi apologize to his bar counter. What. XD;;

As for the viewers... People complain about the show being "confusing" (lolwut), they finally get an exposition, and they're still not satisfied? There's just no pleasing some... I suppose K will be this season's punching bag, and that's just too bad. To me it's one of the most fun shows airing this season.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 14:38   Link #840
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, any scene that Blue girl is in.. I probably won't really be able to focus on what's going on because her hotness is so distracting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural