Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-02-19, 00:02   Link #1421
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Cold...

Around lower negatives. I don't have the Susukino photos yet uploaded.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 02:01   Link #1422
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Susukino Ice World

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-03-27, 08:45   Link #1423
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I visited Hokkaido as well earlier this month, but went to only Hakodate.
Didn't have the time (or ability to survive more than two days in the cold) to visit Sapporo.

I do want to share this video compilation I did of my visit to the Bunny Island... full of bunnies!

Old 2016-03-27, 16:40   Link #1424
YF19EX

I have visited the Miyajima Island. This is where all the deer roam. I remember watching a deer take a map right out of some Japanese girls hands and begin munching on it. Then watching store keepers bopping deer on their heads to keep them out of the stores.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 17:08   Link #1425
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
I have visited the Miyajima Island. This is where all the deer roam. I remember watching a deer take a map right out of some Japanese girls hands and begin munching on it. Then watching store keepers bopping deer on their heads to keep them out of the stores.
Sound like the episode of Lucky Star where Tsukasa has a run in with Deer & ends up covered in crotties.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 22:21   Link #1426
abc0716

A bit late to share this news, especially to anyone that will going to Tokyo during/after next March...

http://www.weareresonate.com/2016/12...m-statue-torn/

Not gonna able to view it on my upcoming trip (Was supposed to visit there on October but I changed to next May instead)...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 23:05   Link #1427
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
A bit late to share this news, especially to anyone that will going to Tokyo during/after next March...

http://www.weareresonate.com/2016/12...m-statue-torn/

Not gonna able to view it on my upcoming trip (Was supposed to visit there on October but I changed to next May instead)...
I am going to miss it that for sure. I have had the pleasure of visiting it at the opening of the Diver City Mall and the preceding years after. I can't say I have much reason to go to that area after they close it. That section with Diver City and Aqua City is a nice place, but after the Gundam goes, they just become regular western style malls.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 23:13   Link #1428
abc0716

So this time I'll finally able to travel to Japan, after the trip had been postponed by 2 times (May & Oct last year) due to various circumstances...

Originally tend to do solo trip but this time 2 of my family members will join the trip. Departure date is about 2 weeks later (22-27), by the way...

So far my itinerary is...
Spoiler for Itinerary:

Too bad I've to omit some major attractions due to lack of time, hopefully can arrange the 2nd Tokyo trip shortly in future...
Old 2017-05-12, 11:50   Link #1429
seiftis
~defying fate

Edited. Can anybody advise the temperature in Tateyama Alpine routes in the first week of November?
Thanks.

Last edited by seiftis; 2017-05-15 at 11:15.
seiftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 01:58   Link #1430
abc0716

Just returned from Tokyo at yesterday morning...

Spoiler for What I bought during the trip:

Also bought some event exclusive SnK (AoT) keychains when I visited Tokyo Skytree, but I already gave my younger sister before I take photo, will post more pictures when I'm free...

EDIT: D1's photos added.
Spoiler for Day 1 (23-5-17), Akiba pt.1:

Last edited by abc0716; 2017-06-04 at 00:52.
Old 2017-08-07, 05:43   Link #1431
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Read up on the PASMO site that it can be used in other cities side from Tokyo like Osaka/Kyoto. I do know that tourist/short-term visitors can use ICOCA instead.

Old 2017-08-09, 04:02   Link #1432
Nadel

I would like to visit Japan, Tokyo and Nagasaki to be precise. Tokyo has very beautiful monuments for me as the Imperial Palace, Asakusa and the Sensō-ji Temple or the Ueno Park and Zoo.

In Nagasaki you can find Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum or Peace Memorial Hall for the atomic bomb victims. I am interested also in the WW2 history soo that is one of the reasons why I would like to go there as well.

Tired of overpriced games? Check the awesome discounts here: https://www.g2a.com/r/awesome-discounts-for-games-a-s
Nadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 07:31   Link #1433
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Leaving on the 20th to get to Tokyo on 21st, of course just missed the convention but would like to know any anime events going on.

Also trying to find a pachinko machine in bring it back with me, where would I go to find a wholesaler?

Also thinking of visiting the ocean, where would be a good place to visit a beach that's close to Tokyo?

Anyone else be in the area during my 14 day stay?
Old 2017-09-01, 08:55   Link #1434
SufGen

as far as I know it's expensive to visit Japan so I am going to save my money for a next year trip
SufGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 16:32   Link #1435
Jaden

Decided to attend the Go congress of Shizuoka in February. Any anime pilgrimage spots around there?
Old 2017-11-19, 12:38   Link #1436
GDB

Question for those that are more familiar with the Emperor's birthday. Next year it appears it will be on a Sunday, and I read somewhere that the observance would therefore be the subsequent Monday. As I am planning a trip to Japan during that period, which of those days would the Imperial Palace be open for his birthday? Currently have that Monday slotted to visit it as I want to see the part that's usually closed off, but if it's Sunday instead I'll have to swap some things around.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 05:41   Link #1437
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Is it possible to do a one day trip to Hokkaido from Tokyo?

Would like to see Cape Soya.

Old 2018-01-25, 08:18   Link #1438
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Is it possible to do a one day trip to Hokkaido from Tokyo?

Would like to see Cape Soya.
To Hokkaido, sure....but question is if it's worth it. It's 4 hrs by Shinkansen from Tokyo to Shin-Hakodate-Hokuto.

Cape Souya is not possible though. It's 5 hrs+ by train from Sapporo to Wakkanai, let alone from Tokyo. Maybe if you took a very early morning flight, assuming they have it but if you have to do that, you really should consider whether it's worth the hassle and cost.
Old 2018-01-25, 09:41   Link #1439
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ah. I remember reading about the Sapporo-Wakkanai route.

Saw it in a documentary once.

Old 2018-01-25, 10:32   Link #1440
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Just do two days in Hokkaido if Cape Souya is all you want...much better. I once did something similar from Tokyo a few years back, only westwards using the Tokaido Shinkansen. Consecutive day trips from Tokyo down to Kansai, Wakayama and Okayama. Very rushed and exhausting. These days I prefer to just stay in one place and thoroughly enjoy it.

Tags
japan, travel