Old 2008-09-16, 10:46   Link #11001
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i think were probably missing the reason he kept her out of the loop
while i also think he did it to protect her
i think we may have made a mistake about what he was protecting her from
its might not be about keeping her safe at all (she is the best pilot in the entire OOBK army,he can trust her to protect herself)
but rather to keep her "clean",untainted by his sins

while lelouch is facing an enemy more evil then himself there can be no denying the fact that he has become (or rather turned himself into) an evil monster of the highest order of magnitude
he has taken his words to gilford to heart and has become evil inorder to defaet an evil greater still
his actions so far have made him as big a criminal as the emperor ever was and every bit as much a villan
someone like lelouch who is not completely lacking an understanding of right and wrong, there is no escaping this fact
and with this fact also comes the fact that everyone who knows his plan and is taking part in it is as much at fault for it
suzaku and C.C are a part of the plan (suzaku seems even more into it then lelouch himself, possibly becouse he understands that if they dont pull it off then their sins would have been in vain)
C.C for her part is actually less into it (her look in ep 21 is probably becouse she dislikes it) but nevertheless sees that it must be done
jeremia is either in on the plan (and has vowed to serve lelouch to the bitter end) or he doesnt know
however lelouch has made it a point to keep kallen out of it (both in terms of keeping her away, and keeping her from knowing about the plan)
its not unlikely that he kept quite about the plan becouse the first thing she actually asked him (the first time there was a shot of his lips closed) was what he plans to achive by working with suzaku
its possible that even after our Q-1 puts the white king in check he still wouldnt tell her anything becouse if shes a part of the plan then she also becomes tainted by it
he doesnt want her to bare any of his sins
I've been thinking about this since yesterday, and I also think that Lelouch may have just been trying to keep Kallen from the 'Demon's Path.' But he did, in a sense, also protect her. His plan seemed to be to take over the UFN before Schneizel made his move, effectively removing them from the war, and Kallen w/ it. Even now that she's in the fighting, Lelouch must realize that the only two things that can realistically defeat her are the Albion (which he controls) and a FREIJA (which he's trying to stop).

Thus, if Kallen stops him from completing the plan, even if he does't want to 'taint' her, he may have no choice but to tell her what the plan is before Schneizel hurls a big-ass bomb at the Avalon, taking Kallen with it. (And Kallen asks him why he kept it from her, and the 'gum line.')

On a side note, I also hope that Suzaku's into this plan because he doesn't want the sacrifices to be in vain. Up till now, I just thought he wants Lelouch to sacrifice himself for Euphie, and that would mean he's still as big as a DB as he was at the beginning of the season (just when he started digging himself out of that hole, too).

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-16, 10:49   Link #11002
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i was thinking that it would be a good point for the gum line too
why didnt you let me in on the plan
gum line
Old 2008-09-16, 11:02   Link #11003
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I know this will be 'off topic', but is it ever said how Kallen's brother died? I know it's said he was part of Ougi's terrorist cell, or was he the leader of it? O-o Was he executed by Clovis or was he killed while carrying out a terrorist attack?
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:04   Link #11004
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Not sure where I found this, but some side material or...something...said that Naoto was knifed by Britannian thugs.

Yeah.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:11   Link #11005
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I know this will be 'off topic', but is it ever said how Kallen's brother died? I know it's said he was part of Ougi's terrorist cell, or was he the leader of it? O-o Was he executed by Clovis or was he killed while carrying out a terrorist attack?
He was killed by a Britanian soldier IIRC in the first episode : he was the driver of the truck in which Kallen and him kidnapped CC.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:12   Link #11006
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
He was killed by a Britanian soldier IIRC in the first episode : he was the driver of the truck in which Kallen and him kidnapped CC.
no he wasnt
its some other guy
Old 2008-09-16, 11:12   Link #11007
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Actually, the driver was a random dude named Nagata. Kallen's brother was named Naoto.
Old 2008-09-16, 11:13   Link #11008
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
no he wasnt
its some other guy
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure she called that guy "brother" during this episode. Hmmm, gonna have to check.
Old 2008-09-16, 11:14   Link #11009
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:
Not at all XD. The man in the truck was just a comrade and he explosed the truck he was in, in order to take some britanians with him.
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:15   Link #11010
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure she called that guy "brother" during this episode. Hmmm, gonna have to check.
Before he commits suicide he looks a picture of his family and Kallen is NOT in it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:15   Link #11011
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

ougi even asks about him (says his name which i cant rememeber
Old 2008-09-16, 11:15   Link #11012
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
He was the one that initially created the terrorist group along with Ougi.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:20   Link #11013
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan chan View Post
Not at all XD. The man in the truck was just a comrade and he explosed the truck he was in, in order to take some britanians with him.
Yeah, ok. Must have dreamt that part
Old 2008-09-16, 11:51   Link #11014
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Nice definiton of the word "essential" .
Blame dictionary.com.

I agree with many of your points. Especially this.....

Quote:
But it'll be shitty if they make Kallen all out hate lelouch, it'll undermine her character development this whole season 2 since a majority of it was spent on learning the true face of "Lelouch Vi Britiannia"

Let's hope 4 the best, next episode.

Quote:
Nah, that scene between Shirley & Lelouch was too damn far, I could hardly tell if she was kissing him or going for a meaningful hug/embrace.

The kiss with Lelouch & C.C. were upclose
The kiss with Lelouch & Kallen were also upclose
Refresh my memory was C.C's kiss this up close

Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I've been thinking about this since yesterday, and I also think that Lelouch may have just been trying to keep Kallen from the 'Demon's Path.' But he did, in a sense, also protect her. His plan seemed to be to take over the UFN before Schneizel made his move, effectively removing them from the war, and Kallen w/ it. Even now that she's in the fighting, Lelouch must realize that the only two things that can realistically defeat her are the Albion (which he controls) and a FREIJA (which he's trying to stop).

Thus, if Kallen stops him from completing the plan, even if he does't want to 'taint' her, he may have no choice but to tell her what the plan is before Schneizel hurls a big-ass bomb at the Avalon, taking Kallen with it. (And Kallen asks him why he kept it from her, and the 'gum line.') .
In addition I also got the vibe that Lelouch felt that he saving her from the trouble of having her betray her friends and ideals for him and his demon path. After she mentioned her brother and the other Knights I speculate that Lelouch decided he would make her choice for her essentially. (Though he could have done this easily by telling her to get the hell out. He doesn't.)
Old 2008-09-16, 11:55   Link #11015
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Refresh my memory was C.C's kiss this up close

Spoiler for :

I believe he was referring to the fact that the camera was up close, not the kiss itself. With both C.C. and Kallen the camera zoomed in for the kiss, with Shirley it didn't (although, it REALLY zoomed in for Kallen's kiss ).
Old 2008-09-16, 11:58   Link #11016
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
I believe he was referring to the fact that the camera was up close, not the kiss itself. With both C.C. and Kallen the camera zoomed in for the kiss, with Shirley it didn't (although, it REALLY zoomed in for Kallen's kiss ).
It want to show his mouth
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:59   Link #11017
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
(although, it REALLY zoomed in for Kallen's kiss ).
Add another note to the "There got to be a reason why/they did that because....." list of Kalulu arguments.

Strange that such a long list might mean nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
It want to show his mouth
Yep a certain roaming part of his mouth.

Add one more to the list
Old 2008-09-16, 12:15   Link #11018
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Not sure where I found this, but some side material or...something...said that Naoto was knifed by Britannian thugs.

Yeah.
they should do some flash back or something. specially since he's like #1 motivating factor for Kallen.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 12:30   Link #11019
Arkard

Quote:

Thus, if Kallen stops him from completing the plan, even if he does't want to 'taint' her, he may have no choice but to tell her what the plan is before Schneizel hurls a big-ass bomb at the Avalon, taking Kallen with it. (And Kallen asks him why he kept it from her, and the 'gum line.')

On a side note, I also hope that Suzaku's into this plan because he doesn't want the sacrifices to be in vain. Up till now, I just thought he wants Lelouch to sacrifice himself for Euphie, and that would mean he's still as big as a DB as he was at the beginning of the season (just when he started digging himself out of that hole, too).

youngde, signing off.
I've been thinking, Lelouch has been very protective of Kallen, even when doing so would be to his detriment. For example, even in Season 1, he gave her the Guren instead of taking it for himself, prevented her from stabbing Suzaku, killed Euphie himself, etc.

Maybe it's just over analyzing things, but it seems to be a common trend that he tries his best to protect her and bear the sins on himself.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 12:34   Link #11020
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
they should do some flash back or something. specially since he's like #1 motivating factor for Kallen.
While theres no doubt he used to be her #1 Motivational factor, I will make the assertion that there is someone else "motivating" her towards action at this point of the story. I think this is best evidenced by her rather single-mindedness and how its driving her to make errors (tactical) that she had not made up to this point.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote