Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 00:19   Link #201
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I looked for another translation.

"At the point between tomorrow and yesterday, We will not meet, You and I".

I think it's somewhat different from "you and I don't mix", but again, i don't understand japanese myself :/.
Either way, it implies seperation. No matter the translation it's the same concept. Some are simply harsher than others, though this one is probably the harshest. It's saying that the two people will never meet again, more or less.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:24   Link #202
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Either way, it implies seperation. No matter the translation it's the same concept. Some are simply harsher than others, though this one is probably the harshest. It's saying that the two people will never meet again, more or less.
Maybe i'm wrong (English is not my first language) but can it imply they want to meet but can't because of circumstances?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:27   Link #203
Var
Banned

Quote:
Maybe i'm wrong (English is not my first language) but can it imply they want to meet but can't because of circumstances?
There's no indication of desire or intent, simply that it is not possible.
Old 2008-04-10, 00:30   Link #204
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
There's no indication of desire or intent, simply that it is not possible.
But if I can't meet someone, it isn't necessarily a separation ?_?
Old 2008-04-10, 00:32   Link #205
Var
Banned

Quote:
But if I can't meet someone, it isn't necessarily a separation ?_?
It foreshadows a seperation. Based on which we go by, some of them say it as they will be seperate, while others word it more like they are always seperated (not mixing). Things that cannot meet up have a barrier between them, basically.
Old 2008-04-10, 00:40   Link #206
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
yeah, the seperation will happen at some point. Guys its romance, there suppose to be hardship to overcome.

dah... and what the fuck is this song analysis? The song as a whole as about A man swear to protect a woman at all cost even if the destiny is working against him to seperate him from the woman. He will continue to fight. I continue to fight. Its suppose to be a good song!
But really the lyrics doesn't mean ANYTHING. What do you think lyric in season 1 means? There are even lyrics about some random Otoku staying in his room, does that mean anything to the story? No!!
If anything suppose to suggest how the story will go its the CG. Charecters that will die soon usually won't make the OP, Pilots usually get paired with their mecha before the show actually shows it, some final bosses are shown in some evil ways, suggestions on romance etc (Euphie and Susaku).
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:42   Link #207
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
yeah, the seperation will happen at some point. Guys its romance, there suppose to be hardship to overcome.

dah... and what the fuck is this song analysis? The song as a whole as about A man swear to protect a woman at all cost even if the destiny is working against him. He will continue to fight. I continue to fight. Its suppose to be a good song!
But really the lyrics doesn't mean ANYTHING. What do you think lyric in season 1 means? There are even lyrics about some random Otoku staying in his room, does that mean anything to the story? No!!
Well this time its actually sinqued unlike in S1. Taniguchi took the time to actually align the OP with the song, so its not like S1's very random OPs.

Also, the meaning of the song is up to debate as everyone draws different meanings from the lyrics of a song.
Old 2008-04-10, 03:43   Link #208
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Well this time its actually sinqued unlike in S1. Taniguchi took the time to actually align the OP with the song, so its not like S1's very random OPs.
Actually, COLORS (the very first OP) had visuals synced with the lyrics. Can't really comment on the rest at the moment though.
Old 2008-04-10, 06:08   Link #209
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
The lyrics are a pretty odd thing to go by. Especially since they virtually start with "You and I don't mix."
I've seen four different versions of the song lyrics. I'm inclined to go with the one about not meeting since it fits somewhat with the Nunnally scene and all.

Quote:
Got it... That line isn't in my sub !

I have "I couldn't meet up with you".

I understand now, sorry.
Your subs could be right or Var's subs could be right. Right now there isn't much to say about either until the songs actually come out.

And I don't think there is that much point in overly analyzing the lyrics since they could be talking about different people at certain points. The first time that one line comes up is with Nunnally and the meeting line makes more sense right there.

I guess the pairing is simply doomed though since the opening indicates it so much. The first one did hint at how C.C. was going to end up sinking into the ocean. The opening scene could possibly be an indication of where she is going in the long run.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:42   Link #210
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually, COLORS (the very first OP) had visuals synced with the lyrics. Can't really comment on the rest at the moment though.
I forgot about COLORS, that one was synced to Lelouch, but the other two are not. I am mst definately certain.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:03   Link #211
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Here's what I have for the OP lyrics of R2:
Quote:
02 ~O Two~ (TV Size Version)
Vocals: ORANGE RANGE
Lyrics: ORANGE RANGE
Composition: ORANGE RANGE

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love and I’ll become a star to protect you, without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday, we don’t come across each other; now I’ll go, I’m a shooting star

Even if the world decays, there are things that won’t change
Even if we hold back our tears, things that we must protect exist inside of us
The message from hundreds of millions of years ago starts to ache inside of my body; it echoes
With a hoarse voice, I call upon tomorrow
With hands covered in wounds, I’ll protect you

I continue to fight, I continue to fight

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love and I’ll become a star to protect you, without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday, we don’t come across each other; we’re shooting stars that slash apart fate

Now I’ll take away your overflowing tears
Edited for official lyrics.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2008-04-12 at 17:45.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:09   Link #212
KrimzonStriker

Okay, I don't get separation from these lyrics at all, actually I get the exact opposite picturing someone fighting rising above fate to reunite with those they love, what lyrics have you been reading again Var?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 16:49   Link #213
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Here's what I have for the OP lyrics of R2:
Thank you for that. It matches closely to what I have. Hmm, I wonder whose words these could be meant to be.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-10, 19:03   Link #214
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Okay, I don't get separation from these lyrics at all, actually I get the exact opposite picturing someone fighting rising above fate to reunite with those they love, what lyrics have you been reading again Var?
Um... Bolded is for the seperation... which is pretty easy to see, if you ask me.

Quote:
02 ~O Two~ (TV Size Version)
Vocals: ORANGE RANGE
Lyrics: ORANGE RANGE
Composition: ORANGE RANGE

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love
And I’ll become a star to protect you
Without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday
For us who don’t come across each other

Now I’ll go; I’m a shooting star

Even if the world decays
There are things that won’t change
Even if we hold back our tears
Things that we must protect exist inside of us

The message from hundreds of millions of years ago is ceaseless
It starts to ache; it echoes
With a hoarse voice
With hands covered in wounds, I’ll protect you
I continue to fight
I continue to fight

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love
And I’ll become a star to protect you
Without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday
For us who don’t come across each other

We’re shooting stars that slash apart fate
Now I’ll take away your overflowing tears
Old 2008-04-10, 19:23   Link #215
flou
That's no lady

Based on listening to this song many times, the general gist of the song is that "Even though we cannot be together anymore, I will protect you." That's what "majiwaranai, kimi to boku" implies

Also, I believe "I continue to fight" sounds more like "I continue to fly," but we can't really get any confirmation until the OP is released.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:25   Link #216
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Based on listening to this song many times, the general gist of the song is that "Even though we cannot be together anymore, I will protect you." That's what "majiwaranai, kimi to boku" implies

Also, I believe "I continue to fight" sounds more like "I continue to fly," but we can't really get any confirmation until the OP is released.
It's already confirmed, "I continue to fight".
The lyrics is announced in this month's Animedia anime songbook. This is already the official version.

This line: "The message from hundreds of millions of years ago is ceaseless. It starts to ache; it echoes" is so fast that's impossible to get it right just by listening. The 2ch version (by hearing) was totally off, and the 2chers were like "what the heck?!" when they saw this line. XD
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:33   Link #217
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
The lyrics is announced in this month's Animedia anime songbook. This is already the official version.

This line: "The message from hundreds of millions of years ago is ceaseless. It starts to ache; it echoes" is so fast that's impossible to get it right just by listening. The 2ch version (by hearing) was totally off, and the 2chers were like "what the heck?!" when they saw this line. XD
You seem to be fluent in japanese. Are the lyrics mean "separation" as Var said
Old 2008-04-10, 21:33   Link #218
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Are these songs meant to be someone's words or anything like how COLORS was pretty much Lelouch's thoughts and such? What about the ending?

Old 2008-04-10, 21:41   Link #219
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post

Oh, thanks! The lines from :37-:50 in the song were impossible. I was wondering how people were able to figure it out too I actually ordered a copy of this months Animedia (along with the other magazines) so I'll check that out . I saw like six billion different transcripts of the OP on 2ch too and that influenced the way I comprehended the English lines
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:45   Link #220
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Those lyrics are actually somewhat depressing when you think about them. Bad sign. For someone anyway if we take them seriously.

Tags
music discussion