Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 00:00   Link #421
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
It might be just me and I know this seems farfetched but I always think that a great plot twist for this manga would be that the girls are told that Nagi isn't the real Dragon God. See if they are just tied to them by religion or if they really like him.
I've thought of this plotline myself. It would have to involve a boy with the same birthday as Nagi, and has a mother who was a former shrine maiden. In that case, how would Obasan determine who is the "real" Dragon God?
Old 2009-07-14, 00:31   Link #422
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

That's a bit too NSFW, even for this series.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:35   Link #423
Who

Yeah. Maybe I should edit that out completely.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 06:46   Link #424
Direwolf18

Mmm IDK if it will be a revelation like Nagi aint the dragon god, but, I am waiting for the shoe to fall. So far its been pretty much good times had by all, if Nagi is kinda confused at times, the umm... perks... more then make up for it. Maybe they aren't that far past the human sacrifice part, which could explain the apparent maiden generation gap.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:24   Link #425
GreydonCreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
It might be just me and I know this seems farfetched but I always think that a great plot twist for this manga would be that the girls are told that Nagi isn't the real Dragon God. See if they are just tied to them by religion or if they really like him.
This would be a little too close to what happened to Kaoru and Aoi in Fumizuki's previous story, Ai Yori Aoshi. At the end of the manga series, Karou's half brother attempted to gain control of his family's zaibatsu by marrying Aoi under the abandoned arranged marriage agreement with her family. He did so by changing his name to Kaoru as well, since his grandfather's will specified that 'Kaoru Hanabishi' would become heir of the zaibatsu upon marring Aoi Sakuraba.

At this point, I think the girls are sufficiently in love with Nagi that their religion is no longer the compelling reason for their attempting to be close to him. They are using it as an excuse but they would be attracted and in love with Nagi regardless.

What would be a real problem is if the senior priestesses for some reason declared Nagi not to be the Dragon God and he decided to leave the island. I can see Karin leaving with him in that case, since she is not religiously fervent like the other girls. Shizuku and Soyogi would probably stay on the island but only because of their beliefs. If they were given the choice to leave the island they probably would.

BTW, UnM finally has it's own page at Wikipedia, (http://en.wikipedia.org) /wiki/Umi_no_Misaki) although it is kind of short.
GreydonCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:19   Link #426
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, as AYA goes, the couple basically say "screw you" to the money, and stood on their own feet in the epilogue. In this series, I don't think the maidens would do that to the religion.
Old 2009-07-15, 23:28   Link #427
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Chapter 51 is well very straight forward, just the ceremony of Okuhime.

The highlight of the chapter is Soyogo's idea of a joke

The double page, altho a tad weird if I may say so is great to look at

oh and the coloured page! ohh the coloured page is awesome!
Old 2009-07-15, 23:50   Link #428
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Chapter 51 is well very straight forward, just the ceremony of Okuhime.

The highlight of the chapter is Soyogo's idea of a joke

The double page, altho a tad weird if I may say so is great to look at

oh and the coloured page! ohh the coloured page is awesome!
LOL poor Rinne. The two page spread was nice. The whole ceremony seems to reminds me of Lazarus.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 00:12   Link #429
GreydonCreed

My question is, why was the Sea God involved in the back story about the Cape Maidens and not the Dragon God? Throughout the manga it is stated that the Maidens serve the Dragon God and now this?

And it looks like some people's speculation about the original purpose of the Maidens was close to the mark. By the look on his face, I don't think that Nagi was pleased to hear
Spoiler for Ch 51:

Also, even though it was said that it was the Sea God and not the Dragon God, this backstory pretty much confirms that
Spoiler for #2 for Ch 51:

Can someone translate what Okuhime means? I know that 'hime' means princess or young noble woman, but I can't find a specific enough translation for 'oku'.

Last edited by GreydonCreed; 2009-07-16 at 00:55.
Old 2009-07-16, 07:12   Link #430
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 51:
Old 2009-07-16, 08:31   Link #431
Tri-ring

Although I am not certain, I believe the word "Watatsumi(海神)" should be translated "God of the sea" and not a name.
If I am reading the story right, I believe the Misaki no Miko and the dragon god legend originated from a Tsunami or a Typhoon and how the Misakino Miko appease the wrath of the God of the sea, by diving into the sea as self sacrifice.
The closest translation I can think of for "Okuhime(奥姫)" is secluded princess.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 08:37   Link #432
Direwolf18

Mmmm one of those lost in translation things. Happens when the authors get really poetic.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:04   Link #433
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Mmmm one of those lost in translation things. Happens when the authors get really poetic.
Although I haven't read the translation, I wouldn't blame the translator since the story described is somewhat cryptic like most legends and/or folklore.

The part about a Tsunami is where it writes the sea came up land and started grabbing the islanders.
It follows that the islanders got scared and asked for help from the Mikos.
The Mikos replied we will become the wife to the god of the sea and calm his wrath and the Mikos went (into) the sea and became "Okuhime".

The earlier part where the three entering the sea is probably a reproduction of how the original Mikos sacrificed themselves. That is probably why the three did not come out so soon.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 09:19   Link #434
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So whats the Dragon God then? Compared to the Water God...
Old 2009-07-16, 09:20   Link #435
Arturro

So Dragon God is not God of the sea, or he is? If Dragon God is not the God of sea, then Mikos aren't his wives but somebodys else, and this doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 09:28   Link #436
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Have they said what exactly the Dragon God is yet? I remember them saying something in the beginning like he died hundreds of years ago but did they ever say why?
Old 2009-07-16, 09:31   Link #437
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Have they said what exactly the Dragon God is yet? I remember them saying something in the beginning like he died hundreds of years ago but did they ever say why?
Actually the Dragon God gets reincarnated and is reborn on the same date and is a son of a maiden.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 09:32   Link #438
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So...what is the Dragon God? Is he just a pimp who shows up and gets his pick of 3 women...
Old 2009-07-19, 14:59   Link #439
GreydonCreed

UnM FanFic Snippets

With no other UnM fics out there and with the permission of Alpha Zulu, who is currently on hiatus after completing two massive fics on TFF, I am posting links to his fic snippets for UnM. His original posts are on his LiveJournal page.

Warning - these snippets are rated MA (no lemons but a couple of lime scenes at this point but it will get there) and are AU interpretations of various actions, thoughts, and motivations.

Ch 1 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/430608.html
Ch 2 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/431419.html
Ch 3 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/433267.html
Ch 4 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/436638.html
Ch 5 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/437972.html#cutid2
Ch 6 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/439090.html
Ch 7 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/444204.html
Ch 8 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/447011.html
Ch 9 - http://alpha-zulu.livejournal.com/44...25338#t2025338

BTW - Alpha Zulu has written and posted two large Ai Yori Aoishi (Koi Fumizuki's previous series) lemon fics titled 'Necessary Evil' and 'Home'. They can be found at AZ's mediaminer page, with the link at the top of this post.
Old 2009-07-28, 08:29   Link #440
Direwolf18

Well Next chapters raw is out. I can't tell exactly whats happening but its another one where Nagi spends almost the entire thing talking to Rinne.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen