AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-16, 19:10   Link #621
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
I just stumbled upon this YouTube video, which seems to have even more screen-shots of Episode 5. Could someone (maybe chronotrig?) translate them to English, so that we can see, if they contain any more clues on what goes on there?
Right here.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 19:46   Link #622
The Visored
No.1 Objectioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
Spoiler for theory details includes spoiler from EP 1- 5:

Spoiler for EP 4:
Anti-fantasy perspective:
In Ep.1 I think that the Kinzo we see was just a "flashback" from Natsuhi not necessarily another Kinzo,.
Natsuhi was the responsible for the first and second twilight, Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa were accomplices.
Kanon realized that when they tried to kill him, later Kanon kills Genji, Nanjo, Kumasawa and Natsuhi with a gun taking revenge for Shannon's death.

Regarding the Kinzo in Ep.4: The culprit could just throw out Kinzo body during the meeting while shooting everybody.

PD. Also i think that in Ep.5 we will see more details regarding Battler and his relation with Kinzo.
Old 2009-07-16, 20:06   Link #623
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

If it was a flashback, Natsuhi wouldn't insist that she had seen Kinzo at that time.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 00:21   Link #624
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Also, remember that it's easy to say 'she killed them all 6!', but remember we are talking about 6 vs 1, many of whichh were more physically able than Natsuhi herself. [size=1]So, is there a conspiracy?. Hmm....?

Though it would be funny to imagine someone running from a grinning natsuhi with a chainsaw, dripping blood, reaching the room and trying desperately to open to take refugee or something.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:05   Link #625
Lady_Bernkastel

Well, I checked some things/hints in the op, and confirmed the identity of one shadowed figure on 1:10, (but no the one in the middle [wish I'd figure out about that one...lol], but the one on the left)

Spoiler for Shadowed figure:

Wow, they focus on Natsuhi pretty much in this op (They did the same in the 1st op, but well that's because she was one of the last survivors...). She really is suspicious.

Oh, and the theory someone brought out here
Spoiler for Theory:

seems really logical! Great theory.
Old 2009-07-17, 07:08   Link #626
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
I got tired of her too, especially her whole "Yaaay, I have magic! And magical friends!" Since I'm extremely anti-fantasy (I think that's the right one), they can't possibly exist and are only figments of her imagination. I can't figure out how she could possibly be around in the meta-world, considering what happened to her at the end of Episode 4.

I won't strike out the possibility of another 1998 'epilogue world' though. The way she acted in Episode 4 was highly relevant to the outcome of Episode 3, so I wonder if there are Ange's relevant to the outcomes of the other games?
Spoiler for Episode 4: About Ange...:

*Preparing self for more mindrape...*
But no matter how much preparation you put into it, the end result will never fail to shock...
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 07:10   Link #627
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am too scared of spoilers, even from OPs and such to read carefully the whole thread so I will just ask and forgive me if it's already answered few pages back - is it known which question arc will ep.5 "answer" to?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 07:13   Link #628
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no confirmation, but judging from the OP, it is very likely it will be the "answer" to Episode 1, or a retelling a la Onikakushi-Tsumihoroboshi.
Old 2009-07-17, 07:14   Link #629
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I am too scared of spoilers, even from OPs and such to read carefully the whole thread so I will just ask and forgive me if it's already answered few pages back - is it known which question arc will ep.5 "answer" to?
Unfortunately not...
But all the better for the shock factor that Ryukishi-sama loves...
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 07:42   Link #630
Lady_Bernkastel

Found one more detail in the op~ Well...don't know if it says a lot...but it's something.

Spoiler for Op scene:
Old 2009-07-17, 08:32   Link #631
The Visored
No.1 Objectioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
If it was a flashback, Natsuhi wouldn't insist that she had seen Kinzo at that time.
Maybe Kinzo was already dead and she lied to make everyone thinks that he was alive or she speak alone imagining that Kinzo was alive in some kind of mental disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Also, remember that it's easy to say 'she killed them all 6!', but remember we are talking about 6 vs 1, many of whichh were more physically able than Natsuhi herself. [size=1]So, is there a conspiracy?. Hmm....?
Though it would be funny to imagine someone running from a grinning natsuhi with a chainsaw, dripping blood, reaching the room and trying desperately to open to take refugee or something.
Someone in RAGE with a gun could easily kills 6 people.
We could add Kanon as a killer too but i really doubt Kanon could kill Shannon.
Genji, Kumasawa and Nanjo are out for the red truth.
Old 2009-07-17, 09:13   Link #632
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visored View Post
Maybe Kinzo was already dead and she lied to make everyone thinks that he was alive or she speak alone imagining that Kinzo was alive in some kind of mental disorder.
"Maybe" Kinzo was already dead? Of course he was already dead. The obvious explanations are that either she lied, the Kinzo was a fake, or that it was just in her head.
Old 2009-07-17, 10:23   Link #633
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Anti-fantasy perspective:
In Ep.1 I think that the Kinzo we see was just a "flashback" from Natsuhi not necessarily another Kinzo,.
Natsuhi was the responsible for the first and second twilight, Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa were accomplices.
Kanon realized that when they tried to kill him, later Kanon kills Genji, Nanjo, Kumasawa and Natsuhi with a gun taking revenge for Shannon's death.

Regarding the Kinzo in Ep.4: The culprit could just throw out Kinzo body during the meeting while shooting everybody.

PD. Also i think that in Ep.5 we will see more details regarding Battler and his relation with Kinzo.
I think your Theory is pretty good, only thing I rather doubt would be that Kanon kills Genji. because he has a lot respect for Genji. but if we turn the ches sboard over
then maybe it's like you said, it would be possible if kanon releases that Gohda, Kumawasa,Natsuhi and even Nanjo are accomplices. then he probably would kill Genji even though his respect toward him..because he surely couldn't forgive Kumawasa and Genji which knew about everything. he just would get revenge.
plus after all we don't know if Genji also returns the respect which he get's from Shannon and Kanon. though it seems so. but if this is true, then I doubt that Kanon knew about Natsuhi from the begin or knowing she being the culprit otherwise he could have killed her right after Shannon was killed.

also the Kinzo Part makes sense, I think your Theory about Kinzo there is very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
why not? just think that Natsuhi was exactly trying to believe that too, if she insists she had seen Kinzo to that time everyone would believe she can't be the culprit because the culprit wouldn't insist that he/she had seen kinzo at the Study

edit- comparing to the Theory with the servants being accomplices.. I thought about something. if they would be accomplices - then why would Kanon ask Genji about Beatrice-sama having returned??! but ok maybe the servants use "Beatrice as secret codex a secret Language based on Beatrice !!! sugoi ne " German. english, japanese, and Beatriceish"

:rofl: gomen I'm sleepy and probably talk stupid things, i should get some rest

Last edited by Rena Ryuuguu; 2009-07-17 at 11:07.
Rena Ryuuguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 11:14   Link #634
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Bernkastel View Post
Found one more detail in the op~ Well...don't know if it says a lot...but it's something.

Spoiler for Op scene:
Kinzo having armor suits in his room isn't that odd considering. But I wonder why they're shown in the OP like that, they do kind of stand out now that you pointed it out to me ... are they in any way related to the crime? (Is Kinzo's body hidden in one? O_o; )

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 12:03   Link #635
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Quote:
(Is Kinzo's body hidden in one? O_o; )
The Armor could have broken down considering that Kinzo is a huge man but, it's possible.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 12:31   Link #636
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
why not? just think that Natsuhi was exactly trying to believe that too, if she insists she had seen Kinzo to that time everyone would believe she can't be the culprit because the culprit wouldn't insist that he/she had seen kinzo at the Study
That's called "she lied", not "it was a flashback", if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Kinzo having armor suits in his room isn't that odd considering. But I wonder why they're shown in the OP like that, they do kind of stand out now that you pointed it out to me ... are they in any way related to the crime? (Is Kinzo's body hidden in one? O_o; )
Everybody is killed by ROBOTIC SUITS OF ARMOR created by Kinzo with his vast wealth despite it being 1986. It's about as feasible as human cloning in 1968, after all!
Old 2009-07-17, 18:44   Link #637
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Genji, Kumasawa and Nanjo are out for the red truth.
No, they just didn't "commit murder." Nothing in red says they (or Jessica in ep3) didn't KILL anyone...
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:51   Link #638
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
No, they just didn't "commit murder." Nothing in red says they (or Jessica in ep3) didn't KILL anyone...
Killing someone and murdering someone is the same thing, isn't it :|???
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:53   Link #639
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Killing someone and murdering someone is the same thing, isn't it :|???
Murder requires maliceful aforethoughts, doesn't it?
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:59   Link #640
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Murder requires maliceful aforethoughts, doesn't it?
There's 1st degree and 2nd degree. 1st is having thoughts of killing, 2nd is just killing. But killing someone is still murdering them, just a different name.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote