AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 20:40   Link #1
Ukarii Yushimotto
The Azure Flame

I've Been Needing Something New To Watch...

Self-explanatory. Anyone have any recommendations? I'll list some of my current favorites below.

* Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
* Serial Experiments Lain
* Anything having to do with .hack
* Pandora Hearts
* Kuroshituji
* Soul Eater
* Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
* Gunslinger Girl

I adore yandere/yangire characters. <3

I don't like:

Anything with nudity.
Anything without a good storyline. Pointless gore makes me angry. :C
Anything completely romance. I only like romance when it's necessary in the story. [Or if it creates a yandere character. <3]
Anything completely action without a deep storyline.

Thank you for reading. C:

Last edited by Ukarii Yushimotto; 2010-11-05 at 01:32.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:33   Link #2
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Mmm... I was about to recommend School Days, but then I realized you said you dislike nudity. It doesn't quite get to that point of revealing any parts, but it's very sexual. Although it does have a very good story line if you watch it till the end. So that's up to you.
So anyway let me be the first to recommend Death Note, Blood+, Madlax, The Third, Eureka Seven, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Death Note Plot Summary: Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way he desires. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception and logic ensues...

Blood+ Plot Summary: Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.

Madlax Plot Summary:
In the country of Gazth-Sonika, civil war rages. There, a mercenary called Madlax plies her trade, with almost supernatural skill. In the seemingly peaceful country of Nafrece, Margaret Burton lives a tranquil life. As separate as their lives may seem, the two are connected by ties of mystery, and by a holy book that is also sought by the shadowy organisation, Anfan. As Margaret and Madlax follow the path of their destiny, they come ever closer to uncovering the truth - with no guarantee that it is a truth they can bear to learn.

The Third Plot Summary:
With the help of an artificially intelligent tank called Bogie, Honoka attempts to make a living as a jack of all trades for hire in a future devastated by war and full of over-sized insects that plauge the sands between towns. One day in her travels she comes across a strange man alone in the desert, but rescuing him has consequences and brings unwanted trouble her way.

Eureka Seven Plot Summary: Renton Thurston is a 14-year-old boy who lived with his mechanic grandfather in a backwater town. Every day he dreamed of being with the mercenary "Light Finding Operation (LFO)" aircraft pilot group "Gekkostate" and riding "Trapar" particle waves-- a sport called "reffing"-- with their charismatic leader Holland, especially when faced with his father's acclaimed past or his grandfather's desire to protect him. When a young girl named Eureka riding the original LFO, the "Nirvash typeZERO", asks his grandfather for a tune-up, she inadvertently brings the attention of the military to the garage; as a result, the garage is destroyed and Renton is forced to deliver a new type of interface-- the "Amita Drive"-- to the Nirvash. After a heated fight in which the Nirvash destroys the military LFOs by unleashing an immense amount of power, Renton is invited into Gekkostate. However, he quickly realizes that behind the facade of a traveling group of mercenaries is a very bitter reality.

Neon Genesis Evangelion Plot Summary: At the age of 14 Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant robot by the name EVA01 and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as "angels." Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself. However, why exactly are the angels attacking and what are his father’s true intentions are yet to be unraveled.

Hope these fit your liking... If you want an in depth view of my opinions, PM me. (I'm to lazy atm to right them here.)

Last edited by thevil1; 2010-11-03 at 21:44.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:41   Link #3
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Not something you watch, but Mirrai Nikki (Future Diary) is something that fits your description. It's a manga though... so ignore this if you're looking for something to watch.
OVA of Mirrari Nikki is due December this year though...
Old 2010-11-04, 21:49   Link #4
Ukarii Yushimotto
The Azure Flame

Thank you so much for the suggestions, so far! C:

Suggestions for manga are encouraged, too. Sorry for leaving that out of my first post... I've been really wanting to continue Mirrai Nikki for a while now...

Blood+ seems very interesting, so I'll try to find some episodes for it as soon as I can. Also, I've been hearing a lot about School Days, and it does sound interesting... I may attempt watching it sometime.
Old 2010-11-04, 22:08   Link #5
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Dennou Coil
Wolf's Rain
Baccano! (english dub preferred)
Durarara!!
Kara no Kyoukai
Higashi no Eden
Macross Frontier
Code Geass
CANAAN
Black Lagoon (english dub preferred)
Higashi no Eden

These are all really good. I tried to come as close to your tastes as possible.
Old 2010-11-05, 00:51   Link #6
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukarii Yushimotto View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestions, so far! C:

Suggestions for manga are encouraged, too. Sorry for leaving that out of my first post... I've been really wanting to continue Mirrai Nikki for a while now...

Blood+ seems very interesting, so I'll try to find some episodes for it as soon as I can. Also, I've been hearing a lot about School Days, and it does sound interesting... I may attempt watching it sometime.

School Days is a must for anyone that has seen a significant amount of anime. This one will push the envelop and make you reconsider the possibilities of anime as a media.

As for Eureka 7, the plot summary is misleading and doesn't really represent what the whole story is about. It turns out that Eureka 7 actually has a pretty epic storyline and some crushingly brutal events. While it may have a immature shounen beginning, it evolves into a much more serious story later on.

Other epic storylines include Last Exile, Scrapped Princess, and Terra e.
Closed Thread